• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Polecat

One of my pink Marmo kitties is still in my bag. I sold the other for enough $ to buy a halo and some backup halos. . . I have a ton of DX

Did you see there is a new Marmo kitty stamp he has been selling recently?
I did not.

https://discgolfunited.com/whisker-...3woluteCN2-4gqjuO33mRGR6_Ph-zBZrrEEs9kZIimYBo

It looks like he finally got DGU onboard with selling some Polecats. It seems they sold out quickly.

Good thing I've still got a pink Marmo kitty in the bag. :thmbup: Now if I can just figure out what to do with all the Lightning Upshots I'm not going to throw now... :\

One of my pink Marmo kitties is still in my bag. I sold the other for enough $ to buy a halo and some backup halos. . . I have a ton of DX

Did you see there is a new Marmo kitty stamp he has been selling recently?

I did not see the new stamp

What did you get for the existing one?
I may still have a brand new one somewhere

I have completed the "Why does this disc exist?" trifecta. :|

picture.php

AKA "suckers never learn." :\

Last edited:
I just bough a couple of new DX Polecats. I still have 2 PFN older DX Polecats.. the softer ones. They are both over 170gms so i decided to get a couple of newer lighter DX ones. They are now using regular DX plastic...which i dont like. But they're making them lighter. The 137gm one i have is really glidey & great for long upshots without going much past the basket..so i'm liking it for that. I also bought a KC pro Star Polecat with peace turtle stamp hoping it would be soft, but its hard star plastic! "Still cool"

So I have pretty openly expressed my dislike of innova in recent history. I love my polecats and they are my only holdout. Especially when putting berg, the polecat is an amazing compliment on the green as well as all the BH approach they excel at.

That said, I never shy away from testing all the 1 speed and other slow glidey approach discs.

I am here to let you all know the Glitch is freaking amazing, but its still no polecat replacement. They do a similar thing; slow, controlled glidey approach, two very different ways. The Polecat loves going straight, slowly tracking right and holding a slow turnover. The glitch just likes going exactly where you throw it, just locks into a line and goes. That means its way touchier in a way, even though I can lay into it nearly full power (at 5000'). If I am spin putting it, it has to be released FLAT or I am hyzering or annying just left or right of the chains.
I am too used to my beat old cirlce stamp polecat for dead straight flip up to flat putts, or my fresh-ish PFN gummy DX for approach. So the polecat survived another competitor.

Sample size of 1, but my Glitch is not that high speed stable. If I power it, its going right unless I release on hyzer. If I juice it, its not holding flat even on hyzer release unless I add pitch too.

With all of the lid love going on right now I feel like Paul should have run 6 Claw Rattlers.

Its clearly the greatest of lids, as Lowell Shields demonstrated many years ago -
https://youtu.be/52YuBAkujeM

(He also manages to explain pinch spin.)

Sample size of 1, but my Glitch is not that high speed stable. If I power it, its going right unless I release on hyzer. If I juice it, its not holding flat even on hyzer release unless I add pitch too.

My Glitch seemed plenty stable - and I've seen Drew and Simon mash on some and it flew pretty true. Maybe you got a weird one?

My Glitch seemed plenty stable - and I've seen Drew and Simon mash on some and it flew pretty true. Maybe you got a weird one?

Could be an odd disc, but I'm starting to realize some of this might be user bias.

I rewatched the Drew Glitch v Polecat video and I noticed a couple things.
1. Drew's form is a bit better than mine (not the first time I've noticed this..)
2. He's throwing much higher lines which is probably what you want for lids

Tight 300' low ceiling shots are probably not an ideal lid shot, but thats what I tend to use my driving putters for here in the PNW, and that's what I was practicing in the field with the Glitch. Even on those lines the Glitch drifted for me, it didnt burn with power, so it's definitely got some stability.

Last edited:

With all of the lid love going on right now I feel like Paul should have run 6 Claw Rattlers.

Its clearly the greatest of lids, as Lowell Shields demonstrated many years ago -
https://youtu.be/52YuBAkujeM

(He also manages to explain pinch spin.)

What weight? I saw some weight talk on the MVP facebook group. My first experience was with a 144 that a buddy had thrown a bit. His tracked right pretty easily.

Mine is 153 and flies like I said above. I have a friend who has both light and "heavy" now and I am waiting on him to test them together.

Generally I wouldn't give that much stock to 9 grams as a consistent measure, but maybe the combo of 9 being a higher percentage of 150 than 175 and difference in weight balance on a disc like this does make a consistent difference.

I love ultralight discs (have a small collection of premies and other ultralight discs), but for a disc to go in my bag, even for just odd floaty runs 144 is just to little. I do really like playing with them though. Nothing compares to a super light overstable putter. 100g challenger can fly some ridiculous lines.

Could be an odd disc, but I'm starting to realize some of this might be user bias.

I rewatched the Drew Glitch v Polecat video and I noticed a couple things.
1. Drew's form is a bit better than mine (not the first time I've noticed this..)
2. He's throwing much higher lines which is probably what you want for lids

Tight 300' low ceiling shots are probably not an ideal lid shot, but thats what I tend to use my driving putters for here in the PNW, and that's what I was practicing in the field with the Glitch. Even on those lines the Glitch drifted for me, it didnt burn with power, so it's definitely got some stability.

Low lines are more likely to be more nose down, so drift is more likely.

I'm no expert by any means, and I'm sure you CAN throw a lid on a low ceiling shot, but it would never cross my mind to do that. Lids need air.

Unless the plan is an airbounce, which are silly fun with the glitch.

Ive been trying to practice my extremely rusty frisbee skills with the ultimate kids who throw on the field after lunch.

Once I remember how to grip and throw an actual frisbee I'll try to get someone to show me the air bounce trick.

Played a random disc round the other day. I normally putt Wizards, got lucky getting a Black Zombie Chainsaw. Or so I thought. Those are basically Wizards but I couldn't hit the broad side of a aircraft hangar with it.

Switched to an old a$$ DX Polecat and couldn't miss. I'm going to leave it in the bag for a bit. Polecat things might just be a thing. This is some nice DX too. Not that slick, waxy nonsense. DX used to be pretty good. I'll be ****ed :\

Latest posts