• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portland, OR - Any Options?

nyrblue2

Bogey Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'll be in Portland from May 18th to 22nd for a work conference - staying downtown. Looking at my schedule, I really only will have free time Sunday (18th) afternoon and Monday (19th) afternoon/evening. I suppose I could be free Tuesday or Wednesday after meetings end at 5, but I figure that's kind of late to start playing.

Since I'm staying right downtown, my company will probably say I don't need a rental car, especially if it costs a lot. Parking at my hotel is $39 a night, so I'm guessing that I will be without a car. Are there any options to get to any of the top courses another way? With them being a ways outside of the city, it doesn't seem so. I'd love to hit at least a couple, but it looks like it may not work. Maybe I could sneak in a 1+ day rental, go straight to Milo on Sunday, deal with one night of parking fee, go to Horning's Hideout Monday afternoon and return the car Monday evening? Take the public commuter train back to the hotel.

Pier Park and Blue Lake are fairly close to downtown. Maybe you could take light rail to the closest point to one of those (to cut expenses) and catch a cab from there. I haven't played Blue Lake yet but Pier is a must play when in the Portland area. Just throwing it out there....

Might be worth seeing if there are course guides listed on any of the course pages. Sommeone might be willing to pick you up and take you out to a course or two for gas money or lunch.

Latest posts