• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one of my favorites from Sandy Point
medium_100_2006.jpg

best course ever

This happened to a guy in Centralia last year about this time.
I would consider this OB.
main.php

That appears to be either a Brown Water snake (nonvenomous) or a Cotton mouth (very venomous). Tough to call though with the pic. I use to play with snakes in the woods when I was little and flirted with being a Herpetologist. There was a similar thread with a similar snake on here not too long ago.

the study of herpes?

her·pe·tol·o·gy (hûrp-tl-j)
n.
The branch of zoology that deals with reptiles and amphibians.

So, no, I can't tell you anything about that cold sore you got from that hooker.:p

this is halfway on hole 7 at the bowen island course, BC. great course, still really new. very few paths to speak of, and the if you go during the week you can play with the designer who plays a damn good game.

great course - i recommend it.

Attachments

• Img_4264.jpg
    Img_4264.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 181
this is halfway on hole 7 at the bowen island course, BC. great course, still really new. very few paths to speak of, and the if you go during the week you can play with the designer who plays a damn good game.

link to the course/more pictures?

Looks cool, but how many discs have you lost so far?

Damn, that is wild

That appears to be either a Brown Water snake (nonvenomous) or a Cotton mouth (very venomous). Tough to call though with the pic. I use to play with snakes in the woods when I was little and flirted with being a Herpetologist. There was a similar thread with a similar snake on here not too long ago.

that's a copperhead..i watched the video and that helped to identify it...cottonmouths are way more agressive..they will actually chase you..copperheads are lazy and most people bitten step on them..

I used to like snakes, but after incountering many at my home course, I now don't like them

that's a copperhead..i watched the video and that helped to identify it...cottonmouths are way more agressive..they will actually chase you..copperheads are lazy and most people bitten step on them..

Based on the body markings, I'm pretty sure you are right. Cottonmouths have a smoother scale pattern and usually less definition to their pattern. Of course I wouldn't go grabbing at either. Copperheads and rattlers are a bitch over in the Centralia/Mt. Vernon area. When I lived over there, walking in the woods was always an adventure, especially in the spring when they all came out of hiberation.

Yeah copperheads are one of the most common venomous snakes in the South, if not the whole USA. Either wait until the snake moves on, or retrieve that disc with a looooong branch. And since you wouldn't want to take your stance within a meter of that venom, you pretty much have to call it OB. :(

_MG_1379.jpg

An unlisted course (in a park that i believe is open to the public) hole #1. Shoots about 600 feet to a pair of trees in the meadow. This is a winter course. It took us 30-45 min to find everyone's discs in the tall grass, but was fun enough to try again on our second round.

An unlisted course (in a park that i believe is open to the public) hole #1. Shoots about 600 feet to a pair of trees in the meadow. This is a winter course. It took us 30-45 min to find everyone's discs in the tall grass, but was fun enough to try again on our second round.

Where is this at?

its in southern humboldt county- northern california. one of the many no signage/guide needed courses in the area. i'd be glad to introduce some folks to it next time i'm in the vicinity. great course. 4/5 IMO

i'd give more info, but don't want to do the course owner a disservice if he/she doesn't want it listed. its impossible to navigate anyway.

_MG_1379.jpg

thats beautiful but i dont know how much of a fan i would be of the grass.

Yea, I agree. Nice looking hole, but the grass is a little long.

(oh man, that sounded so terrible).

Haha. yeah, this courses bikini line needs a trimming real bad.

it was ridiculous. head high at the worst parts. two in the group had allergy problems in it too. luckily only 2 of the holes were this bad. much of it played through forest, which had quite a bit of poison oak and blackberries instead of the grass if you went OB.

I thought you said it was in a park?

Yeah, i'm not sure what the deal is there. there were people coming and going biking, walking, but its in a really small town i was introduced to the course by someone who was introduced to it by someone etc, etc, so i would feel comfortable taking people there for a round, but i'm not sure if its my right to make it available on the internet. it would be straight up impossible to navigate, or even find #1 tee anyway. no well worn paths or anything...

i'll shoot their chamber of commerce an email. maybe they know whats up with the park/course and would be glad to have it listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.