• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

#9 is correct.

I just back from a 1200 mile 2 day jaunt to the upper peninsula.
played 11 courses, reviewed 10
I did not review "watch it bend" as it's a home course and my opinion doesn't really matter in a public forum.

Those are amazing shots!! I hope to make a trip through MI this summer for some fine disc golf.

Here was the view from White Cedar Hole 1 last night. Some fog and a nasty nasty headwind on a CTP hole. It's always windy up here.

10467902_1531619627066045_1572076909_n.jpg

Here was the view from White Cedar Hole 1 last night. Some fog and a nasty nasty headwind on a CTP hole. It's always windy up here.

What do you throw from up there? I have never played on elevation like that.

Where is the basket?

Give us your disc selection ( with weight ), and tell us about your shot placement/throw strategy.

What do you throw from up there? I have never played on elevation like that.

Where is the basket?

Give us your disc selection ( with weight ), and tell us about your shot placement/throw strategy.

The short pin is in the middle at the bottom, about 600' downhill. The long pin is back in the tree line, about 720'

It really depends on what is going on with the wind. Last night was a stiff headwind ~20mph I think. I threw a 170 Motion on a lower hyzer line down the right side of the fairway. An updraft caught my disc about halfway down the hill and carried my disc about 80 feet left of the pin. With the wind that bad, you're more playing for placement and not flipping something over. If there's less wind, I'll throw my resistor.

If its a nicer day, I will toss my 170 proton volt on a low hyzer line up the right side or my 172 proton crave on a low line a little more in the middle if its super nice out.

Lots of people recommend a mid on this shot. I haven't tried it yet.

A couple of weeks back I tried a Roc3, Gazelle, and Hornet on this hole.

Gazelle held the line straight but never came back on the target. It landed in the mess of logs and short crud. It was difficult to save par but possible. However, it also took almost an hour to find because I swear from the tee it went further than it really did.

The Roc3, because of the headwind coming up the hill, instantly turned over to the right. Maybe 30% of the way down the hill.

The Hornet faded out harder than expected, but only because I was worried by the other two throws. It found the patch of woods on the left basket high. From a window I found the basket and had a tap in three.

When I play it again in a month, I am definitely throwing the Hornet again. After all that time I search, I figured I would rather be on the left than the right.

The short pin is in the middle at the bottom, about 600' downhill. The long pin is back in the tree line, about 720'

It really depends on what is going on with the wind. Last night was a stiff headwind ~20mph I think. I threw a 170 Motion on a lower hyzer line down the right side of the fairway. An updraft caught my disc about halfway down the hill and carried my disc about 80 feet left of the pin. With the wind that bad, you're more playing for placement and not flipping something over. If there's less wind, I'll throw my resistor.

If its a nicer day, I will toss my 170 proton volt on a low hyzer line up the right side or my 172 proton crave on a low line a little more in the middle if its super nice out.

Sick pic last time I played it, it was dead calm. I threw an Avenger SS on a hyzerflip laser that ended in the middle of the open about 75' short of the long pin. I threw a beat Buzzz at the short but turned it over (trying to throw to hard)

Please excuse the trash.. Highland Hills

Attachments

• IMG_20140625_200910797.jpg
    IMG_20140625_200910797.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Overhand thumber, out in the middle of the fairway. :)

Overhand thumber, out in the middle of the fairway. :)

:eek: A thumber to the fairway....on a 600 ft downhill run? Seems like an utter waste. I know of few things as beautiful as a huge downhill floater. The glide and soar of a disc is a sight to behold, and one of the reason I love the game. I am not playing it safe on this one.

:eek: A thumber to the fairway....on a 600 ft downhill run? Seems like an utter waste. I know of few things as beautiful as a huge downhill floater. The glide and soar of a disc is a sight to behold, and one of the reason I love the game. I am not playing it safe on this one.

I completely understand. I love watching the shots of other guys floating down there forever. Fun when it goes right, not so fun if you turn it over or it hyzers out too soon. That much distance and that much drop gives the disc lots of extra time to go wrong, and on that hole in particular putting it in the woods left or right makes things quite difficult.

But keep chucking them down there and watching them soar. A to each their own type of thing I think.

Bohart Ranch
lower course hole 11

image.jpg

the lower now has 18 brand new 28chain discatchers!!!
huge difference over the 14 Mach 2, 3 homemade, 1 hoop track we used to play on... watch for a base area 9 hole "kid course" coming soon ...

A tier August 23/24 @ Bohart just outside Bozeman Montana
camping on site
working now on the huge payouts and pimping the courses...
cheers

Latest posts