• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Company announces the expansion of our disc golf course from 9 to 18 this year. :clap:

Company announces sustainable landscaping initiative starting this year. :confused:

Company holds a grand opening tournament and half the fairways look like this. This fairway is ~8 feet wide and ~350 feet long. Off some fairways, there are 6-foot tall weeds and plenty of spiky plants. The circle of mow around the baskets aren't even 10 meters. :wall:
attachment.php

I didn't play in the tournament, but I do plan to play the holes that are playable.

Attachments

• Fairway.jpg
    Fairway.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 595
Looks like you need to learn how to drive the mower!! :)

Found this Roc (or what was left of it) in the middle of a wide open fairway this weekend.
The NOT cool part? No. If a disc has to die, I'm sure they want to die on a course!
Someone trashed this disc and left it for P&R to clean up, then, at least two groups walked right past it! That's NOT cool!
C'mon people clean up your messes!!!

Attachments

• 129AC68E-F4E9-44C2-B9AA-B915B50FBF45.jpg
    129AC68E-F4E9-44C2-B9AA-B915B50FBF45.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 65
Bridges crossing the creeks at Rainbow City DGC. It wouldn't take a lot to fix these, so I hope to schedule a return trip soon and try this again. The tee signs here looked very new, so perhaps that means that the course is getting some much-needed love in the new future!

Attachments

• RC Bridge 1.jpg
    RC Bridge 1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 104
  • RC Bridge 2.jpg
    RC Bridge 2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 95
Bridges crossing the creeks at Rainbow City DGC. It wouldn't take a lot to fix these, so I hope to schedule a return trip soon and try this again. The tee signs here looked very new, so perhaps that means that the course is getting some much-needed love in the new future!

Kinda looks like Idlewild before the IdleOpen started. Some of the bridges there needed serious attention back then.

Regulation height?

I'm not sure what the regs say about basket height, but pretty sure if the bottom of the basket is above my head there's an issue :D

Attachments

• 42537DA3-2017-4623-BF02-01BA916EA0EE.jpg
    42537DA3-2017-4623-BF02-01BA916EA0EE.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 154
Never give up!

Even when you're embedded in a pine tree for a decade old DX :doh:

Attachments

• 90A2434D-E12E-4710-9BB9-93858DA62B77.jpg
    90A2434D-E12E-4710-9BB9-93858DA62B77.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 171
I'm not sure what the regs say about basket height, but pretty sure if the bottom of the basket is above my head there's an issue :D

From the PDGA course design recommendations...

https://www.pdga.com/files/PDGA Course Design Guides March 2014.pdf
Manufacturers are required to produce targets so the height of the basket rim above the playing surface will be 82 cm +/- 6 cm. Targets should be installed level with the ground below them even though course developers may install some targets where the height falls outside the 76-88 cm manufacturing range. The PDGA Course Committee suggests that no more than 6 targets out of 18 be installed outside the manufactured height range with just 2 or 3 being preferred. Targets suspended from above can be fun for recreational play but there should be a way to secure it from swinging freely during sanctioned play.

If you don't like tall baskets don't play The Blockhouse - Tiki Course (which is an absolute blast):

856f433e.jpg

I dunno what the regs are, either, but I'm 6'4" and there is a basket on a pedestal on my home course where the bottom of the basket is taller than me. I dunno how people under 6 feet get their discs back...

Today I was finishing hole 9 at my local course, which is a straight short fairway and a 90 degree dogleg to the left around the corner of the parking lot. The easiest way to get to the basket it to throw over the parking lot and let the grass stop it in the event you land short. Today there was a car parked directly in front of the basket, about 4 feet away from it, preventing me from seeing the basket directly.

Just for comparison, I turned to my left and took a picture of the other 100 spots open...

It was a couple of Milenials making out in broad daylight. They paused for me to putt.. then they lowered back down when I walked away. I didn't know whether to acknowledge them or not! Definitely the weirdest thing I've come across on a DG course.
eaa5ee314fe59f104ffe4359daacb055.jpg
5d8cef5a20f6ca9ef5192c1d75bd1d23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts