• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Photos of Your Disc Golf Bag

I was time for an upgrade and up I did go. :)

B flat Innova basic to Fade Psycho Tourney and loving every minute of it!!!! :clap:

DGA Gel Straps are definitely the icing on the cake. :thmbup:

Attachments

• Old Bag.JPG
    Old Bag.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 138
  • New Bag.jpg
    New Bag.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 179
Well now you make me really curious as to what those gel straps are like compared to phenix quadshocks.

Well now you make me really curious as to what those gel straps are like compared to phenix quadshocks.

Never tried the Quadshocks. These are my 1st shoulder straps but I do enjoy them. My only concern is how the gel potions will hold up after time. But those parts are nice and squishy and the shock absorbers work very well. Like I said, Icing on the cake! :)

I have a friend that have those, and he has the excat same bag as I do, so I tried them out with his bag. They were Ok, but I like the feel of the Quad Shocks better.

After some time at the practice field, I have gotten my bag down from over 20 discs to 16. I am happy to get my bag lighter

100_0027.jpg

100_0028.jpg

heres some pics of my bag
its a fade tourney, hat rack, courtesy of marshall street
bag's pretty much black and basic, and i'm sure yall seen pics of em before...

first i'd like to say, nice bag, really dig it
all my issues, or criticisms are minor and they are as follows
the rain flap i coulda gone without, wish it was fully removeable, or least not lined with mesh, i'd prefer to not roll it up, the mesh i fear will get hung up on thorns, twigs, etc, like my other bag did... almost has to be rolled up, and there its just unnecessary lookin, thought bout tucking it inside, but then the velcro is un usable

mini pocket dont fit my ace race mini... i have no other mini's.... tear

although the "rollcage" is sweet... i feel the need to "create" my own seperators or something, they work well on the ends, but not so well in the middle, but i think it'll "break i n" and loosen up

and the strap... junk... seriously, i wasn't expecting much... but i think i actually giggled when i seen it
i expected a quad hook up anyways - no biggie

for the dollar, i truly believe its the best you could get
i am completely satisfied, too many plusses to list

the bottom has a diferent material than the sides... tougher? never seen another fade bag in person so i have nothing to compare to, but it looks and feels durable,

i seen another thread here or on dgr about "coatings" to add to the bottom, i'm a sucker, so i went out and bought a can of plasti dip and coated my bag, friggin sweet heh

i play in alot of mud, and wanted an easy way to keep the bottom looking nice, easy to rinse, waterproof... and of course i'm a dork and just wanted to do something to my bag

so, here you can see my 2 diferent coats, first coat soaks in well, 2nd coat gave a nice layer of rubber across the bottom, i didnt mask it, i like the rough line look :)
bhir61.jpg

heres the whole bottom, looks weird in the pic cause the flash, really flexible, it looks rippled, but its cause the bag is loose, if i put the cage back in it, it strectches flat, flattens out ... what ever
qqr5th.jpg

i'm sure it added some weight, but its on its way to being carried for many years to come
i'm currently brainstoming what else to do, already cut the zipper pulls off and replaced with leather pulls, they looked cheap, and i like leather, and they are completly silent now - no jingle

gonna create a raincoat for it, seen the fade straps condom, and i think thats a good "removeable" item i'd like to come up with,

also, gotta find a hook up on some straps... i'm not spending no 40 bucks on em, i'm currently lookin for "tool suspenders" as an option... maybe i'll post up a wanted ad in here... who knows, but i gotta get some type a harness

i'm tired of rambling, any questions, wanna point and laugh... have at it

I did this about a week ago on my Innova Deluxe Bag and it turned out GREAT! I taped the perimeter of the bag about 1 in up and put 2 coats on the bottom, the 1 inch showing of the sides and the bottoms of the side pockets (since they are raised already I didn't go up the sides of them). I put a 3rd coat on the bottom only but I don't think I really needed it. I just figured I had it out so why not...

I used a foam brush that just fit in the can. Worked perfectly. If you do multiple coats over long periods of time (I let each coat dry 1.5 hours), wrap the brush in Saran Wrap to stop the plastic coating from drying and ruining your brush for the next coat.

Results are exactly as yours. 1st coat absorbed into the fabric. It looks kind of strange and you might question your decision at this stage but don't stop here... Second coat stayed above the fabric and forms the waterproof barrier. Third coat is just candy on the jelly roll on the cake.

Cost of Plasti Dip (Home Depot $2 cheaper than Lowes).........$6.99
Cost of foam Brush..............................................................69

Awesome implementation of awesome idea.......................Priceless

Sorry, haven't taken a picture yet, but thanks for the great idea.

Plasti Dip (don't let the yellow fool you, comes in black too):

plasti-dip-can.jpg

Foam brush:

00001938.jpg

I highly recommend it.

In fact, the wife saw the results and immediately "requested" I do the same treatment to our beach bag.

This is my current bag.

2yv9csz.jpg

SS Wizard 174, well broken in, super floppy and very straight
S Wizard 175, flies nice and straight too
Evo Wizard, just got it yesterday. More stable than the other two. Mainly got it for drives where I might hit a tree and mess up the soft ones
FLX Buzz 167g, was found in a tree so weather exposure + lighter weight make it my understable mid
Z Glo Buzz 175, been tossing it for a few months. Still a touch more stable than I'd like but it'll beat in eventually
Star Leopard 175g, favorite driver
Star Teebird 171g, go to driver for headwind / left to right wind, also my max D driver
Pro Firebird 175g, strong headwings, strong left hooks

Very pleased with my setup.

I do have some heart issues and asthma. So this is what I use to get me thru 18 holes. Hold up to 20 discs and two water bottles.

Attachments

• 102_3072.jpg
    102_3072.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 102_3075.jpg
    102_3075.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 102_3076.jpg
    102_3076.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 154
thats nice discdug, i was thinking of modding one of my old hunting chairs the same way

my chair the flap on top is movable to get to the discs easier, just couldn't find a decent way to carry it, but i really dig your setup, great idea

Thanks! It really helps me when I need that little breather. I couldn't make it thru a round without it.

Here are some pics of my "non-traditional" disc golf bag.

Closed:

ClosedBag.jpg

Open:

OpenBag.jpg

I have only been carrying 7 discs while I play, but I could carry about 13 discs if I wanted to pack it full. There is also a small zippered pouch on the inside back "wall" of the bag which is VERY convenient for carrying smaller goodies ;) and my mini.

Fade camo Tourney Bag

My Dg Bag and Homemade D.G.C.R bag Tag...So Cal Chain Gang.:thmbup:

Attachments

• Fade Camo Tourney Bag 001.jpg
    Fade Camo Tourney Bag 001.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Fade Camo Tourney Bag 002.jpg
    Fade Camo Tourney Bag 002.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 95
I've been playing long enough to know exactly what I want in a bag.

First, I need handles, nice soft padded ones. This rules out all the disc golf bags right away. :(

I like to stay as light as possible when I disc golf, I'm not ever gonna drag one of those wheeled things around on a disc golf course, ever.

Shoulder straps are useless to me, I never shoulder my bag, I just always prefer to carry it with my non throwing hand.

Backpacks are for hiking, I have plenty, but taking it on and off every few minutes is a serious waste of time when disc golfing.

I only drink diet coke, and only from a bottle with a cap, so I dont need a fancy drink holder.

I carry a maximum of maybe 18 discs if I'm trying out new stuff, but usually I carry 12 or 13.

Like a doctor, I never bring my cell phone on the course, so I just need a small zip pocket for keys, a couple of paper towels, and some moleskin.

Thats it, my whole bag.
So I've always preferred simple duffel bags with nice cushioned handles.

Here is the latest, before I get it covered in spring mud this weekend, even though I already have some splashes on it from a practice round yesterday in the rain.
4391625914_6188fe3c15_m.jpg

Its a Nike Extra Small Duffel, it weighs next to nothing when its empty, but I can easily carry my 13 discs, 2 liters of diet coke, a couple of towels, and my golf shoes in it.
XD sits in the solo pocket at one end, Aviar-X lives in the pocket at the other end.

Capacity is really not a problem if I wanted to push it, here's the bag with just under 40 discs in it. :D

4391625920_3746c85577_m.jpg

15 bucks.

I like your style and agree. Where do you get that Nike duffel bag in the pic? That's frickin perfect size. Also, do you have some kind of frame in there holding the discs?

Yeah, Innova and Fade have the elastic but Gorilla Boy, Revo, Pheonix don't. That would be something that drives me nuts, pay $100+ for a bag to have my putter flop around the pocket and always worry about it falling out.

The Gorillaboy simian has a velcro strap that goes over the putters, so you can adjust how tight the putter pocket is