• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up some new plastic from my first tournament. Crystal Buzz, Avenger SS, Surge FLX, Gateway Element and a cool supercolor mini. You can't really see it, but the Crystal Buzz has a raised "Beachwood 4" logo on it. That, the Avenger and mini where part of my players pack along with a shirt. I traded a new groove for the Surge FLX. My main driver is the Surge and having never really played in the woods before this tournament (look at my score card) I decided to try out a plastic that wouldn't get eaten by the trees. It's amazing. Love the way the FLX will hit a tree and land right there with no marking or gouges. Bought the Element while I was there. Haven't used it much yet but plan on practicing with it all this week.

Attachments

• newplastic.jpg
    newplastic.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ordered a Pink 168 Champ Leopard from DGC last Thursday and it's already here (standard free shipping)!

Got these real recently:

Cryztal Z Avenger SS and a Glo San Marino Roc
I love the way the Avenger SS looks.
CryztalAvSS.jpg
SMGroc.jpg

a beat in star destroyer that was mine.....a dude found it and charged me a finders fee to get it back...gay i know, but i know the dude and he does this with everyone...so w/e...im just glad i got it back

Since this is my most recent purchase, I figure this is as good of a place to post this as any.

I recently bought two new Grooves (163 Light Blue, 169 Pink) and a Force (168 Orange) from Prime Discs after normal business hours. I still got a shipping notice same day - talk about speedy delivery. I get the discs and they all have flaws. The Grooves either have specks of dirt in the plastic (163) or bubbles in the rim (169), and the Force has spots on the stamp missing. I sent an email stating my case to Steven Dodge at Prime Discs about it, with the clearest cell phone pics I could manage to take. Not only did I get a reply within the hour, but he was willing to work with me to resolve the situation (I had foolishly inked them and obviously couldn't return them)! After a little conversation, he sent my email to both Innova and Discraft to see how they would resolve the issue (it was their quality control's fault, not his).

Within a week, I hear back from him that Discraft is giving him a credit for the disc, which he's passing on to me. Innova is sending me two brand new Grooves! in the same weights free of charge (as much as I dog Innova on this site, I was floored when I saw they were sending me new discs). In this day and age, it's nice to see companies (Prime, Innova, and Discraft) stand behind their products and care about their customers like they do, when they could've dismissed it because I'd already marked them and had no intention of returning them.

On top of all of this, the Force that I got is the very same disc I got my first ace with this weekend at Idlewild. Now if only I could figure out how to have this same experience with every purchase. I'd like to get an ace every order (I'd go broke!!).

I ordered a 173 Magic the other day, trying to find a replacement for the birdie I use now but don't like aviars much. Also a 175 dx cro since I can't forehand my sharks.

Great story Tbird. Glad to hear they all didn't tell you to sod off like most companies these days would.

Met up with a couple people who were selling quite a few discs.

Ended up picking up a new 169 Z Wasp, and 2 like new Z Magnets.

I throw the Magnet on most every hole as is, so I'm pretty stoked to have 2 of them in higher grade plastic for the woods.

Picked up a blue 175g JK Aviar-X and a yellow 168g Star TL. The TL is cool because it's not a normally colored disc, it's not as opaque as a Star, its more like a Champ plastic. Yay!

This friday i got myself a 171 g champion monarch as i felt I needed that understable disc in my bag, and a 170 g star (x-out) gator to replace my kc roc, which because of its grip i cant throw forehand.
And they worked wonderful on my game. I finally feel that my bag is complete :D a good feeling

BRIGHT pink avenger SS, Champion beast I bought both on the same day and I swooped up a Comet Z at Bloom yesterday. Nice little free pick up from the good people at foothill flyers disc golf club

Met up with a couple people who were selling quite a few discs.

Ended up picking up a new 169 Z Wasp, and 2 like new Z Magnets.

I throw the Magnet on most every hole as is, so I'm pretty stoked to have 2 of them in higher grade plastic for the woods.

Where is the world did you find two Z-Magnets?

dy6lo2.jpg

First Run Champion SL

Why does it seem that picture should have that angelic "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" sound accompanying it?

my most recent purchases are:
elite z avenger: to try it, i'm liking it alot, probably won't replace surges
champion firebird: tomohawks, i like it
blowfly: i love it for drives and approach shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts