• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Post your old dirty putter

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I love to see hard working putters. Putters that are beat up and well worn. I love to see those old putters that are still flying. Here are mine. Both are 2-3 years old:

Kittens006.jpg

Only been using these for a year. I used softer organics for awhile but have come to enjoy stiffer ones. I won the first tourney I played with the one on the right, so it worked. I then used it for my long range and jump putt putter. Put the one with the stamp in my bag soon after and won the first tourney it was in. On the bottom I put tourney wins and score plus the great 6 word saying you must always have in mind.

Attachments

• Putters July 2011 001.jpg
    Putters July 2011 001.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 261
  • Putters July 2011 002.jpg
    Putters July 2011 002.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 168
Not lately, but ya. And since they arent that old

I use this for upshots, tee shots and putts outside the circle. If I ever lost this one I would be screwed..

picture.php

my first banger. i bought an innova mini basket from from charis sports and they threw in a free banger because i spent over some amount. that banger was my workhorse putter from winter 07 to fall 2010. i eventually collected probably a dozen bangers but that one was always my favorite. i switched to wizards last fall and retired that banger. it's the only thrower i have retired without an ace. if anybody loves bangers, i got a stack just collecting dust.

photo%2525284%252529.JPG

photo%2525285%252529.JPG

These are the main putters in and out of the bag currently.
DX Sonic, 3x Ghost stamped Challengers, "Earl Frazier Edition" Cam Todd Challenger, D Challenger, Cryztal Challenger
Most of my discs get tagged up, especially the putters. I like to have a little personality on each one.

1000000567.JPG

My main putter is this ghost stamped one
1000000570.JPG

This one has been in the bag the longest, in and out a few rotations over about 4 years. It's now my anny drive/approach putter.
1000000571.JPG

I just put this one in the bag for approaches and stable drives/upshots. Factory blank Cam Todd Challenger that a buddy (Earl) used for a while and added his signature to.
1000000572.JPG

Only been using these for a year. I used softer organics for awhile but have come to enjoy stiffer ones. I won the first tourney I played with the one on the right, so it worked. I then used it for my long range and jump putt putter. Put the one with the stamp in my bag soon after and won the first tourney it was in. On the bottom I put tourney wins and score plus the great 6 word saying you must always have in mind.

What's the whole 1 time thing supposed to mean? you have that written everywhere it seems.

I'll post some wizard goodies in a few.

Dirty old putters are better looking before you clean them up, but I cleaned this one up. It looked pretty impressively trashed when it was dirty:

011.jpg

It was my go-to from '97 til '05-'06ish. I kept it in the bag for a couple years after that as a back-up; you can see on the left how it is sun bleached on the part that stuck out of the putter pocket for two or three years. I cleaned it up and hung it out in the garage a couple of years ago.

Okay here's some Wizards. Only been throwing them for 2 years so I don't have anything too crazy thrashed.

Beat up 162g Wizard I traded for I've been digging for turnover drives and straight glidey approaches.

eAgTD.jpg

My go to putting putter for months, longest I've putted with a single disc was with this one.

Cj21P.jpg

It's replacement

DkWGI.jpg

Retired ace discs. Two evo's (Yellow is a mis stamp x out) and an organic.

a99w2.jpg

r0gfX.jpg

My first Wizards, a pair of supersofts. Wish I still had the yellow one that I bought shortly after, and the white proflight Wizard I had aced with multiple times that was my favorite driving Wizard when I first started throwing them......Either way these two are awesome for super controlled straight drives and approaches, or slow, gradual anhyzers or slight turnovers.

6Ax6v.jpg

Oh and sorry not all the images are resized and rotated. Imgur is being some things I'm not allowed to say here. **** it.

Christy's ODP: Prototype R-pro XD
attachment.php

My ODP: SSS Voodoo
attachment.php

Great thread idea MB! :thmbup: Everybody needs an ODP.

Attachments

• DSC07854s.jpg
    DSC07854s.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC07858s.jpg
    DSC07858s.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 555
Here is my Soft Magnet, first disc I ever bought and it recently spent almost 2 weeks in a stream.
C360_2011-07-1021-44-54.jpg

And my Surly Magnet, this is only its second season and it has never been my main putter but it really takes a beating.
C360_2011-07-1021-44-41.jpg

ODP FTW

innova%252520putter.jpg

I don't even know what mold this is!?!
I also don't know the mold of this one, but there's a few posted here so maybe you guys know:
gateway%252520proto.jpg

My go to putter until a year or so ago. It just got way too flippy:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Retired backups:
picture.php

picture.php

innova%252520putter.jpg

I don't even know what mold this is!?!
It's hard to tell without a shot of the wing, but it sorta looks like a Lightning Rubber Putter. Lightning discs were popular with broke TD's in the 90's because they didn't charge for custom stamps. They also didn't charge extra for glow. Damn, I miss Lightning discs.
I also don't know the mold of this one, but there's a few posted here so maybe you guys know:
gateway%252520proto.jpg
It's probably a Wizard. I think they used that stamp on other putters, though.

It's hard to tell without a shot of the wing, but it sorta looks like a Lightning Rubber Putter. Lightning discs were popular with broke TD's in the 90's because they didn't charge for custom stamps. They also didn't charge extra for glow. Damn, I miss Lightning discs.
It's probably a Wizard. I think they used that stamp on other putters, though.

I like this, that makes sense, thanks.
The organic thing is beadless, though. Can it still be a Wizard?
Sorry to thread jack.
-done-

Beadless means it's a magic or warlock. If it looks like an aviar it's a warlock, if it's more blunt on the nose it's a magic. If it's fully convexed and rounded with a tiny bead that you might of overlooked it's a voodoo.