• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Post your old dirty putter

Old thread, but fun to look at... let's see what putters are now old since the 2011 days of the original thread.

These are the photos of my 166 gram at the time when new in early 2005 Lighting #2 upshot in Prostyle. I got the disc at a store when Prostyle had just come out, the plastic is one of the most durable for the price on the market. Only reason I have not lost the disc in rough/woods over the years is due to the coral red color on the inner portion of disc.

This is my US as it was US from day one, as driving putter/uphill and downhill putter. Now used as my US/uber straight driving putter (shark in star is main driving putter slight OS to fight wind) and a uphill/downhill putter for all.

I did attempt get a near backup this year in 2020 due to how limited Lighting discs are getting with Gotta Go Gotta Throw inventory of Lighting Discs that was supposed to be 165-169 grams in there to fit my 166 gram. Instead disc I got was max of 175 grams instead without any stamp on disc but put in Sharpie roughly the stamp word ring size in a cm wide circle and name of disc on the inside of ring, with ring used for easier more consistent thumb placement. The new max weight #2 Upshot in Prostyle will eventually take the place of the Pro Shark that is nearly straight by now when the Pro Shark gets to the slight US of shot since that Pro Shark disc is dead straight only right now and the 166 gram #2 Upshot in Prostyle is slight US disc from day one.

This disc in Pictures below would have been old even by 2011 standards since disc is from early 2005 in winter time.

Attachments

• KIMG0198.jpg
    KIMG0198.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 40
  • KIMG0199.jpg
    KIMG0199.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I stopped using XT Bullfrogs as throwers because they warp, and blow chunks too easily.

attachment.php

Attachments

• chunk.jpg
    chunk.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 95
Why wouldn't it? He didn't intentionally modify it himself...

I have had a disc from my bag ban by a tournament due to the big chunk out of the DX Innova Valkyrie I had in bag in 2006. I did have an old Champion too at the time so I went with that and tossed the other in the recycle there at the park. The disc was not modified by me but was messed up by a dog that we could barley get the disc way from, owner was 1. too drunk to help, 2. Not even close to being in shape to help, and 3. letting dog that was100% untrained to anything run without a leash.

I have had a disc from my bag ban by a tournament due to the big chunk out of the DX Innova Valkyrie I had in bag in 2006. I did have an old Champion too at the time so I went with that and tossed the other in the recycle there at the park. The disc was not modified by me but was messed up by a dog that we could barley get the disc way from, owner was 1. too drunk to help, 2. Not even close to being in shape to help, and 3. letting dog that was100% untrained to anything run without a leash.
The TD was probably looking at teeth marks and saying the flight plate was punctured. Having a punctured flight plate makes the disc illegal.

Just having a chunk out of the rim like that doesn't make the disc illegal unless the TD wants to argue that you did that deliberately which...I've TD'ed a lot of events and I generally had a lot better things to worry about than some dude in an Am division with a chunk out of his putter. :|

In the first pic I've got my full Swan2 flock. I like to buy in pairs if possible and use them for about 6 months and sometimes I'll switch a set in or out.

The reds and the double stamp pale pink ones(that I'm using at the moment) I've used the most.

The only exception to that is the white megasoft, which is also in the second pic with my first run BT Soft Harp. Those two have been my main approach discs for 3 years, with the Harp being more like 6.

I have debated cycling them out of the bag since I do have replacements for both...but just haven't managed to do it yet. I've got an ace on the Swan, and kind of want one of the Harp before I hang it up. It's been close so many times.

Attachments

• 2F23BE7E-1F7D-4BC3-8327-4B560F78EC36.jpg
    2F23BE7E-1F7D-4BC3-8327-4B560F78EC36.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 31
  • D70D2BAC-DE70-433D-8E7A-9C1DA0135AF5.jpg
    D70D2BAC-DE70-433D-8E7A-9C1DA0135AF5.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 23
The TD was probably looking at teeth marks and saying the flight plate was punctured. Having a punctured flight plate makes the disc illegal.

Just having a chunk out of the rim like that doesn't make the disc illegal unless the TD wants to argue that you did that deliberately which...I've TD'ed a lot of events and I generally had a lot better things to worry about than some dude in an Am division with a chunk out of his putter. :|

Not really a puncture, the wing part of the mid 2004 DX Valkyrie just had a gouge out of it really bad.

Not really a puncture, the wing part of the mid 2004 DX Valkyrie just had a gouge out of it really bad.
Yeah, a TD DQing discs with gouges out of the wing either was bored or was on a power trip. :\ They shouldn't be illegal unless you stood in front of him and took a knife to it.

Latest posts