• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I have three SPD that I use, not currently b/c I'm discing down over the winter.

175g Yellow SPD, new good solid fade, regular star material.
picture.php

172g, Orange SPD, used straight with predictable fade, normal star material.
picture.php

170g, Yellow SPD, used straight, hyzer-flips, long turnovers, champystar
picture.php

Had to put some badass dudes on these badass discs.:thmbup:

Anyone have a P Line PD they want to donate to a poor outdoor science instructor looking to become part of the PD fan club??

175g Yellow SPD, new good solid fade, regular star material.
picture.php

Had to put some badass dudes on these badass discs.:thmbup:
Whose art work is that? It looks so familiar but i cant put my finger on it...

Edit for staying on topic:
I love me some PEEDEE, I throw mid 160's and they are taking/have taken over a number of other discs spots in my bag, Always have one S and two P's on me these days

If i wanted the least OS PD what would i look for in pop tops, plastic, rim and such?
Only one thing to look for: Low PLH. Nothing else matters really. If you're going to look for a specific kind of disc, might as well look for a low PLH one.

so the slanted rim is the wrong one...

do the newest ones have patent numbers? or older ones? which stamped ones have the normal rim for sure?

i'm thinking i might like the slanted rim more but not if it is wicked stable and i don't want to get the slanted ones if the star and pro ones aren't the same!!!

yeah, the only + rims are the production stamped c lines but they are now running c lines with the regular rim. as far as i know there isn't any way to distinguish between the two but to feel them up. i ordered a handful of c line x outs from the innova proshop, they have c line available with or without the + rim. unless your local store sells a bunch of discmania i bet it might take a while before the normal rimmed ones show up.

yeah, the only + rims are the production stamped c lines but they are now running c lines with the regular rim. as far as i know there isn't any way to distinguish between the two but to feel them up. i ordered a handful of c line x outs from the innova proshop, they have c line available with or without the + rim. unless your local store sells a bunch of discmania i bet it might take a while before the normal rimmed ones show up.

The difference between the CFR overstock and the + rims was whether there is a patent number tooled into it (the + run doesn't have it). Do the current run, non-plus C-Lines have a patent number?

The difference between the CFR overstock and the + rims was whether there is a patent number tooled into it (the + run doesn't have it). Do the current run, non-plus C-Lines have a patent number?

the new production run regular rimmed ones do not have a patent number on them. i would guess the + rims were a mistake and anything going forward will be a standard rim. or at least if they continue to make the c pd + they will denote it on the stamp like the innova stock stamps.

It is just to overstable for me, and doesn't seem to have alot of glide, when field testing it with other drivers.
This has been my experience with the PD too.

A while back someone recommended getting a lightweight sPD (155) to work on my driving form, but it never really flew as advertised for me. I really want to love the PD so I have a solid wind disc in the bag, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

the new production run regular rimmed ones do not have a patent number on them. i would guess the + rims were a mistake and anything going forward will be a standard rim. or at least if they continue to make the c pd + they will denote it on the stamp like the innova stock stamps.

I guess that the next run of Firebirds will start showing up without patent numbers too, then. At least we know how to tell the CFR stock from the non-plus runs. I have a feeling you're right about the PD+. If they show up again, it'll probably be in the factory store.

It is just to overstable for me, and doesn't seem to have alot of glide, when field testing it with other drivers.

This has been my experience with the PD too.

A while back someone recommended getting a lightweight sPD (155) to work on my driving form, but it never really flew as advertised for me. I really want to love the PD so I have a solid wind disc in the bag, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Try a P-Line if the S-Line is too overstable for you. It's a completely different disc despite being the same mold.

Last edited:
After reading all this, I may try a P line as well. I liked the S to a point, but it never really worked that well. Had to fight it too much.

Latest posts