• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

just snagged a first run CFR pd with a stock stamp from discgolfvalues. they say it's flat and stable - hopefully it is exactly as advertised - one of the CFRs, not + molded - never bought from them before.

also, 25$, definitely the most i've spent on a disc before. blegh. my first taste of OOP outside of 1.1 solf's.

well, not OOP. but rare, desired runs i guess.

CFR/Patent # C-PDs are the ish. Haven't had a Firebird in my bag since they came out. A champ Firebird is a tick or two more stable, but, meh I'll just throw a super stable destroyer if it's super windy or if I need a massive skip.

CFR/Patent # C-PDs are the ish. Haven't had a Firebird in my bag since they came out. A champ Firebird is a tick or two more stable, but, meh I'll just throw a super stable destroyer if it's super windy or if I need a massive skip.

that's the approach i'm taking as well. i prefer to disc up as well as OS. i want something that not only will resist wind, but will cut through the resistance the wind itself presents.

i'm excited to get it, but then i did some google work and apparently a couple people were getting their payment info jacked from the site . . . so i'm kinda worried. i pay everywhere with my debit card, can't afford to have my account emptied. will be keeping an extremely close eye on my bank account.

might snag a shield stamped SPD on my next paycheck too to check it out. i imagine it will be similar to my beefier-than-expected freak stamped S i originally bought.it's not a test config, but it has a PLH the same as my pink CPD, which has seen been lost to the snow. :(

I love Mark Molnar and DGV, but yeah, DGV is notorious for getting your **** jacked. Happened to me once and ever since I pay with paypal.

Shield stamp S-PDs are great, they all have a lower parting line than any S or C Line PD you will see now, so it's a great disc for super straight shots where you still wanna finish a little left (rhbh). They beat in great, and put P-PDs to shame (when in their sweet spot). Don't ask me though, I only have 30 of them.

*Those statements do not refer to the 1st Runs, which are also shield stamps.

Got a freak for Christmas last year. Brand new easily got the most distance i ever got with a back hand throw. glides through an S-curve beautifully. now that its warn in and scuffed up it doesn't seem to want to come back to the left :\

Picked up a 175 spd to go with my fresh 171 ppd and my beat 171 ppd. The spd is the stability I needed in a little bit of wind. The pd's have pushed my 2 archons and my saint out of my bag... Well I moved the saint to the storage area cause I can't convince myself I don't need it yet.

i cannot bring myself to throw this stock stamped cfr. with all the snow we have, i simply can't.

went out and snagged a pearly blue CPD instead, it's gorgeous. plastic is a bit stiff, but the dome on this sucker is perfect. not flat, not poppy, just low and gradual like my white one. there were a couple good ones at the store i went to, might have to go back and get the merlot one with the higher PL and maybe the pearly neon yellow. :D no plus rims, just comfy goodness in my hand.

the good news is that this one is just as high as my white SPD, the one i was always whinging about being too overstable. feels good. i may just be selling my CFR. i don't want to have to worry about it. *shrug* it was a fun buyer's rush while it lasted.

in other news, my red SPD is still amazing. true workhorse. i hope all the others i buy are like it. it's getting more distance but it still doesn't turn enough to discourage me on tight fairways. i have a good feeling about this summer. had to pick up a new PPD after losing my other one but i find myself not using it much because the SPD is everything i had hoped for when i initially bought one. :) PPD really only gets pulled out on longer downhill shots and uphill shots. i think it's safe to say the PD is going to stay in my bag for a long time. i'm glad i gave it a few chances and didn't give up.

I wiped the freak off my latest SPD because it's winter and I'm bored.
I kinda like it though.

Also, I really need to get a non-plus C-line.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20131231_205943.jpg
    CYMERA_20131231_205943.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 47
I wiped the freak off my latest SPD because it's winter and I'm bored.
I kinda like it though.

Also, I really need to get a non-plus C-line.

I do the same. Stamp is just too ugly. I have never thrown a plus rimmed c, only held them in stores...unfortunately almost all the cpd I find in stores have that kind of rim, or if they have normal rims they are pop tops. I find good cpd by digging around at shops like air traffic in rosedale mall or burnsville. I got my newest at rosedale, there are a few there. These shops aren't picked over as much as places like gggt so you can find cool stuff. Rosedale has a full stack of 1.1 SOLFs too. They are more expensive at 17$ but it is what it is.

Having wiped the stamp now for the first time, I probably won't do it again. I guess the freak stamp doesn't really bother me that much, I just kind of wanted to see it without. I'd prefer the shield stamped, but not enough to wipe the freak every time I get one. Eh.

I forget about Air Traffic, actually. Are you saying they're selling Champion plastic at $17.00, or Star plastic? $17 for Champ would be a little ridiculous.

Having wiped the stamp now for the first time, I probably won't do it again. I guess the freak stamp doesn't really bother me that much, I just kind of wanted to see it without. I'd prefer the shield stamped, but not enough to wipe the freak every time I get one. Eh.

I forget about Air Traffic, actually. Are you saying they're selling Champion plastic at $17.00, or Star plastic? $17 for Champ would be a little ridiculous.

17$ for champ, no lie. When you consider shipping costs from online retailers it's not TOO bad. And they will do trade-in on plastic to offset the cost, of course it is a ripoff but paying a couple extra bucks for something I can't find anywhere else in-store is cool by me.

17$ for champ, no lie. When you consider shipping costs from online retailers it's not TOO bad. And they will do trade-in on plastic to offset the cost, of course it is a ripoff but paying a couple extra bucks for something I can't find anywhere else in-store is cool by me.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I assume they're paying a bit of a premium to rent space at Rosedale, but $17 for champ in-store is pretty high. I mean, a couple bucks is a couple bucks and I'm not going hungry because of it, but I can pick weight and color from Community Discs and it's $14.00 shipped to my door. BUT, I really do prefer buying in person so I can feel them up so maybe that's the trade-off. Especially these C-PDs. First world problems I guess. :)

hey, anybody know how often innova puts out those F2 CPDs that are the regular non+ ones?

after losing my electric blue one i'm pissed. i will be going back to look AGAIN with a rake but in the meantime i called every single store i know that sells discs . . . and none of them have one. i've only ever seen two blue CPD and the other one is boring, domey seethrough garbage so it can stay on that shelf.

any ideas from experience when we can expect more?

They were on there probably four months ago. I wouldn't hold my breath for them returning any time soon. I picked up a blue JL (the only one they had) with my chartreuses to make 10 for the discount. High PLH (same as the EO Glows) and moderate dome.

The local store only has flex-y domey dusty looking CPDs. Its probably going to be a long time before they move those and get more...

P-PDs on the other hand... I got some in a nice strange purple color, as well as an orange swirl SPD with a pale rose colored stamp. very cool, and I should be stocked for the next season (and longer, I would hope). I'd like a CPD, but I'm wary of ordering one online.

I did a little until I got my first S-Line beat into fresh P-Line territory. Now I just carry a beat P-Line for turnovers. Aside from the first run that had a high PLH, they just won't cover that wide of a stability spectrum.

Latest posts