• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I have a newer P line and a 4 year old beat P line in the bag at the moment. The beat P line is the longest disc in the bag. I've dropped all higher speed discs because the extra distance they can get me over the P-PD isn't a lot and it comes with a lot less control. The beat P-PD will finish straight and right for me easily now as well having lost nearly all of its late fade.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Has anyone thrown an Avery Jenkins PD yet? It says their JL. I don't know how long they've been around for.

http://store.discmania.net/index.php/featured-products/discmania-avery-jenkins-c-line-pd.html
avery_c-driver.jpg

^^
Gotta love the classy handwritten PD that is visible through the the top of the disc... So much for a "clean look".
For the record, I love the PD and I don't mind the way Innova mark their disc... but with transparent plastic, it would be nice if they could move the marking elsewhere...

I'm curious to how the jl and fourth runs differ. First runs are CFR, second was plus rimmed, third run were the pearly normal rimmed ones, so wouldn't jl and fourth run be the same? They have them listed as 2 different items.

All this excitement has me wanting to get back into PDs as my control drivers...but I can't abandon the Volt. #discgolferproblems

All this excitement has me wanting to get back into PDs as my control drivers...but I can't abandon the Volt. #discgolferproblems

same. except i recently re-committed to the OLF.

one of which i left in a fairway today. damnit. i just can't make up my mind, but truthfully in our tight fairways i feel an OLF is a much better idea. turn helps. if i want to shoot straight i'll throw my dx teebird. not usually too much wind back in the woods anyway.

it's tempting though. i could easily go snag some champystar yellow/reds for a straight shooter, another ppd and order a beefy cpd from the online store and be ready to kick ass again.

I long for a 150g C-PD. I am a big fan of champ/C-line plastic and I like the new JL. As I have said before, my 150 class S-line is stupid beefy. If Discmania molded up some C-lines in the 150s, or even G-line 150s, I might be able to get more use out of this awesome mold.

I long for a 150g C-PD. I am a big fan of champ/C-line plastic and I like the new JL. As I have said before, my 150 class S-line is stupid beefy. If Discmania molded up some C-lines in the 150s, or even G-line 150s, I might be able to get more use out of this awesome mold.

The closest thing to 150 C-Line PDs is a QOLF...they come in 150 weight in "champion."

I agree...I have a bunch of PD's but a 150 would definitely find plenty of use in my bag.

...why are they putting a 2009 world champion on a new run...

he's a big name in the sport and does a lot of stuff promotional wise that's good for their company. if you haven't realized discmania doesn't have that many top pros on their team and only three that are currently in the states.

nate sexton just moved to raleigh and even though he's like 1035 rated not many people even know who he is. until he moved here i didn't even know he was rated that high, i had only seen him in the beaver state fling vids.

Wait, Nate Sexton moved to Raleigh? I just played a tournament with him a few weeks ago in Oregon and he's registered for a few more. Also, if he did move, enjoy the sneakiest 1035 rated player around. Dude slinks his way to course records without much flair, just solid all around play. No bogeys, make putts. Simple.

Also. Yay PD. Still rocking the same x-out c-line PD I've had for over a year now. Thing is insanely glidey for showing very little turn at 350'-370'.

Last edited:
he's a big name in the sport and does a lot of stuff promotional wise that's good for their company. if you haven't realized discmania doesn't have that many top pros on their team and only three that are currently in the states.

nate sexton just moved to raleigh and even though he's like 1035 rated not many people even know who he is. until he moved here i didn't even know he was rated that high, i had only seen him in the beaver state fling vids.

I went to school with that guys cousin or nephew or something. Nate Sexton is a beast

Wait, Nate Sexton moved to Raleigh? I just played a tournament with him a few weeks ago in Oregon and he's registered for a few more. Also, if he did move, enjoy the sneakiest 1035 rated player around. Dude slinks his way to course records without much flair, just solid all around play. No bogeys, make putts. Simple.

I don't think he's made the permanent move yet, his lady is going to school here next semester so he's making the move with her is what I was told.

It's kind of weird that all of a sudden we have 4 Team Innova guys in the area. The Triangle must be moving up in the disc golf world, maybe we should get a Charlotte v Raleigh thing going.

Latest posts