• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Are those going to be a factory store exclusive, or will they make their way to retailers?

I am really enjoying throwing my PD's as of lately. I have new production of Cline, Sline and Pline that I use for a variety of shots.

My question to PD freaks out there (no pun intended) - do you guys see any difference in flight/consistency with the older non freak production runs? I was thinking about picking a couple up but they are going for roughly $20 a pop! Worth it? Also, what are the non-plus molds referring to? Dome height?

I recently picked one of these up! It was the description of a "longer Teebird" that got me. I got a yellow P-line PD Freak. Love the flight of this disc! Not a fan of the "Freak" stamp.

While going through the stacks at the local Pro Shop, I noticed one C-line that had the +mold. But it seemed that was the only one. The main reason I took the one I took was because out of all the ones that I saw, this one was the flattest. Not sure if it was shipped and stored in the bottom of the box or what, but like I said, I love the flight of this disc.

I am really enjoying throwing my PD's as of lately. I have new production of Cline, Sline and Pline that I use for a variety of shots.

My question to PD freaks out there (no pun intended) - do you guys see any difference in flight/consistency with the older non freak production runs? I was thinking about picking a couple up but they are going for roughly $20 a pop! Worth it? Also, what are the non-plus molds referring to? Dome height?

I like the shield stamp s lines better but the difference wasn't tremendous

I throw the shield stamp PD's, and for me they seem a little easier to shape lines with than the freak stamp ones, and are straighter and longer when new. As they break in they turn into even better discs, I'd be lost without mine...which is why I'm starting to break in some back ups.

If you buy one and don't like it, it be pretty easy to resell on the mp.

And the plus mold refers to the angle of the inside of the rim, if it is slanted noticeably it is plus mold and those seem to be a bit more overstable than the non plus mold ones.

My shield stamp s-lines (second run), are by far my farthest flying PD. What rallyguy said...

The shield stamps have really low PLHs, similar to the stiff P-Lines

Both of these are against a JL (almost identical PLH to the FR S-Line), but you can see how similar their PLHs are

Shield Stamp
a1059820-b8dd-42a4-beed-ca169854dfd2_zpseaeb3898.jpg

P-Line
4d5b2056-3d6b-4c0a-b469-66eceb71d167_zps1ad21508.jpg

that explains what i should've been looking for in my PD. didn't realize that they had to be THAT low in order to fly straight with a forward fade instead of a meathook at first.

I've found the 4th runs C-lines (not JL) to be similar to my shield stamp PDs. Maybe a touch more fade, but fairly straight and long out of the box. I wouldn't really be paying a premium for shield stamps these days unless you don't like the C-line plastic or you absolutely abhor the Freak stamp. Like I do.

EDIT: For clarity, these are NOT the JL and/or any previously molded C-Lines I'm talking about. Specifically, THESE.

Last edited:
I was thinking about those, I picked up a 165g because I'd never seen a shield stamp tht light...and then I found one a couple weeks later and bought it also :doh:

Might sell the 4th run but it's pink, and I have a special place in my heart for pink discs. They do fly very similarly though

Soooooo who's got two thumbs and just received 30 custom stamped s PDS and 30 c lines?

This guy.

Haven't cracked open my boxes yet but about to go do so. I've been super busy at work today and haven't had time.

Actually there are a bunch in the 150s! Just bought 5 for my up coming 150 tourney.

I briefly skimmed my boxes and I have some patent numbered s lines in my order. Looks like most of the c lines are plus molds...pretty bothered by it actually.

Patent numbers, in my limited experience, hasn't told me much. I've had a few beefy patent numbers, a couple with the perfect flight, just straight for days, and a weird patent number that flew like a broken in p-line. Is there a particular reason you guys are seeking them that I am not aware of?

Patent numbers, in my limited experience, hasn't told me much. I've had a few beefy patent numbers, a couple with the perfect flight, just straight for days, and a weird patent number that flew like a broken in p-line. Is there a particular reason you guys are seeking them that I am not aware of?

It's the new PFN...

It's a consistent indicator of older plastic. I've seen new Star Teebirds with PFN stamps but no patent numbers.