• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Since DM doesn't want to make PDs in less than max weight any more, I have a sweet looking 167g c-PD on the way from the marketplace. Tell me about 10th runs please, he says it's not domey but has a heartbeat.

This specific disc has a smaller dome (pretty common for 10th runs) and it's a little less OS than the max weight ones. I tossed it in a field a few times when I bought it because I wanted to try the lower weight. I thought it might be easier to throw big hyzers with because discs tend to feel heavier for me on extreme hyzer releases and since I bag a lot of max weight stuff I tend to avoid throwing those lines because they cause some discomfort for me.

It flew about the same distance as my 8th runs but didn't fade quite as hard. It still holds the angle on a hyzer release and flies straight when released flat. I only threw it maybe 10 times though. I just didn't notice enough of a difference in the flight between it and max weight to put it in the bag as a tweener but it was just a tick less OS than my others so it didn't kick them out either.

I've got some of these stiffer ones in the upper 160s and low 170s with tournament stamps. Need to take the time tonight to post a giant for sale thread. Also have some of the brand new run of s pds.

Got a bunch of Swirly S-Line F2's from the Proshop. They all showed up in stock at once, and there were a good number of them at first, probably 100 or so across 3 weights. So I'm thinking this is too many to be a CFR/TFR special run type thing and that we have new swirly PD's coming at some point in the near ish future? Has DM said anything about swirly PDs? Did I just get the coolest person packing my orders and they gave me all the swirly PD's?

Nice score! Did you order regular S and get Swirls?

Nice score! Did you order regular S and get Swirls?

Yup! And they don't seem off really at all, the wing edge on some are a bit odd, like someone messed up on the deflashing machine or whatever, but otherwise they look great, better than a lot of the "swirly" stuff I see around

Last edited:
Anybody get a new CPD from the new embossed run? I just got mine.. pretty disappointed. There's pretty bad flashing around the parting edge, big ol' nub in the center, and a warp in the flight plate. Definitely should have been a factory second.

Anybody else have this happen?

Anybody get a new CPD from the new embossed run? I just got mine.. pretty disappointed. There's pretty bad flashing around the parting edge, big ol' nub in the center, and a warp in the flight plate. Definitely should have been a factory second.

Yikes, is this the new 10 year anniversary run? Been thinking of getting a couple new ones in the upper 160's.

I'd ask for a replacement, especially with a warp in the flight plate.

I picked up 3 stock stamps from the latest run. They are all 175g Yellow/green, have the embossed bottom, and have a dimple on top. They have some inconsistency in the plastic near the injection site, but no serious warping. No flashing issues.
The one mini bar stamp I bought doesn't have the dimple, and has a slightly lower dome. They all look to have the same PLH.

it was just a tick less OS

Spot on assessment overall on this disc. Bagged it for a couple rounds and some field work. Slightly less OS than the flat 167g that I lost but there's no such thing as a bad PD. Weight is right where I like a C-line.

As much as every year I do not like experimenting with the mixing and matching of my bag's lineup, I do end up doing that every year anyway.

How that is related to this thread is that I have cycled back to using G-PDs. I loved them last winter for being deadly straight when powered without being meathooks when I back off that power. I am a little nervous about the plastic, however, because I have already cracked two of them, and I am not sure how easy they would be to continue replacing. So I tried other discs in its place including trying to beat in C-PDs and Champion Thunderbirds. In the end, G-PDs are back in the bag and I have no intention of replacing them in the near future. I held on to my Thunderbirds in case there is a day they cannot purchased any more, but those Thunderbirds are going to need a severe seasoning to get them where these awesome goodies are at right now.

I know it's been said that there wasn't enough interest in p pds to keep running them, but I sure would like to see what a pd would fly like in the new gummy blend of pro plastic that a lot of the Innova drivers are showing up in.

Yikes, is this the new 10 year anniversary run? Been thinking of getting a couple new ones in the upper 160's.

I'd ask for a replacement, especially with a warp in the flight plate.

Yup, I did. They're sending me a replacement. It was just a dud that slipped through (I can still sand off the flashing and make it a backup, though). Hot water took care of the warp..

I know it's been said that there wasn't enough interest in p pds to keep running them, but I sure would like to see what a pd would fly like in the new gummy blend of pro plastic that a lot of the Innova drivers are showing up in.

P-Line PD is probably my favorite disc. I would throw it a lot more often but I only have one backup and they beat in so fast.

They hit the best hyzer flip lazer beam lines though.

Don't hate me but, I just put a fresh one in the bag and have 5 fresh and 3 beat backups. I raided DGC last year when I got wind of them going OOP. All firm and grippy small shield stamps.

The older, more gummy P-PD's were my favorite between them and the stiffer runs they put out later. They almost have G* feel to them, but wore in just like pro plastic does. The stiff P-Lines didn't feel nearly as good in the hand as the gummy runs and would chip and chunk considerably more easily.

I got a chance to throw some newer run PD's the other day and I hate to say but they're just not up to par of what the old molds used to bring. When I think PD, I think glide, ZERO high speed turn, and a strong forward fade. The ones I threw were basically Thunderbirds with less glide. I don't throw PD's anymore, but if I did I could see being fairly frustrated if the mold really has changed that much over time.

I don't understand. Now the "good old" PDs are the less stable ones?
The new run is pure grade A beef, just what people have been asking for. They are even more overstable than the first run, with less high speed turn, and because of the slight dome they have the glide as well.
Also, it's well known that Thunderbirds are just glideless, less dependable PDs. Heretics.

I got a few of the new s-lines in this week and just got them out for some field time. They are definitely more overstable than any s-line that I've thrown. That being said, the plastic on this run is amazing and they still go straight for most of the flight before a hard finish. I can't wait to see how they break in

Cannot WAIT to throw these AJ CGC PDs. I've been waiting for color glow PDs for a whiiiiiiile now. This turns almost my entire bag into color glow. So excite. Now to see how the stability of these PDs came out... If it's anything like most Color Glow Discmania, it will be on the lower end of the stability charts, meaning this will be more of a Beast than a Wraith.

Cannot WAIT to throw these AJ CGC PDs. I've been waiting for color glow PDs for a whiiiiiiile now. This turns almost my entire bag into color glow. So excite. Now to see how the stability of these PDs came out... If it's anything like most Color Glow Discmania, it will be on the lower end of the stability charts, meaning this will be more of a Beast than a Wraith.

does aj even still throw

Latest posts