• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Feeling tempted to pick up some of these color glow PDs. That stamp is amazing and color glow is my favorite plastic aside from kastaplast. Let me know how they fly/feel. I'm 99% positive it will be too much disc for me now but I just want it for the future Lol.

How do PDs compare to wraiths and thunderbirds?

Wraith is definitely a bit longer, a true 11 speed and the PD is about 9.5. Off the shelf a C-line PD should be more OS than most Wraiths but Wraiths vary a bunch. S-line flies pretty true to the 0/3 numbers when fresh but you can beat in a touch of turn fairly quick. They all have a pretty nice long life cycle. Currently bagging a fresh C-line(0/3) and a fresh P-line(-1/2) but I have couple fairly beat S-lines in the -1/2 range as well.

Haven't really thrown Thunderbirds since I've always assumed they covered similar slots.

Feeling tempted to pick up some of these color glow PDs. That stamp is amazing and color glow is my favorite plastic aside from kastaplast. Let me know how they fly/feel. I'm 99% positive it will be too much disc for me now but I just want it for the future Lol.

I've been hearing that these new color glows are a nice workable overstability.. not super beefy like the new embossed C-lines. I have one on the way and will report back!

P-Line PD is probably my favorite disc. I would throw it a lot more often but I only have one backup and they beat in so fast.

They hit the best hyzer flip lazer beam lines though.

I have 2 max weights and one 168g if your looking for a back up or 2 or 3

I have to admit that I've switched over from PDs to Thunderbirds. The 'birds fly so much straighter and longer for me. I have a couple of AJ C-lines and they seem to have virtually no glide and are pretty beefy. My color glow and MF 'birds are straight as an arrow with a small amount of fade and no turn, very similar to my first run PDs. It makes me want to look into the Dark Mauls but I'm not sure I will survive if my wife finds another package of discs on my front porch...lol

Got a few throws in on a color glow today, seems like it flies like a typical S-Line out of the box to me, could get a bit of turn throwing downhill and into a headwind (probably 10-15mph and some OAT), but comes back as expected. PLH is the same as my non-current run S-lines (current S-Lines are higher PLH than usual and have some dome on them) and it flies about the same for me, seems super workable, nice disc. Will get some more throws in later this week and test them against some of the other PD's I have around to try and get a better rundown of them.

Anyone else throw one yet?

I actually found mine to a bit more LSS than the S-line PDs but about the same HSS. I could git a bit of turn out of them if I went over on them, but they had more fade than a lot of my PDs give me. These were not as stable as my lusters though.

The plastic felt great, definitely a fan of this run.

All of mine were 175 and I often throw sub-175 so that may have influenced my experience.

I lost my old beat-in S-line and picked up a new one to try and replace it. Holy s*** is it overstable. It will take me 5 years to beat this thing into a straight flyer. Maybe I'm getting old and need to start throwing CD's instead.

I lost my old beat-in S-line and picked up a new one to try and replace it. Holy s*** is it overstable. It will take me 5 years to beat this thing into a straight flyer. Maybe I'm getting old and need to start throwing CD's instead.
Join the CD2 club. It's like a beat-in PD out of the box.

Isn't a CD2 9-speed though? I assumed from that, that the CD2 would be too slow to be a drop-in replacement and a regular CD would be a better fit. I tried a Thunderbird and it was noticeably slower than my PD's.

Clearly the answer is to buy both and try them in a field.

Isn't a CD2 9-speed though? I assumed from that, that the CD2 would be too slow to be a drop-in replacement and a regular CD would be a better fit. I tried a Thunderbird and it was noticeably slower than my PD's.

The new swirly cd2s have some sneaky distance. Just might not play the wind quite as well as a pd

I recently obtained a number of S-PDs and P-PDS through trades. I was also surprised at how stable a number of the PDS seemed to be. I mean, I have lost some distance over the years, but I don't think it is just my throwing issue. I tried the PD after reading about it way back on DGR. I found the email invoices from disc golf values and marshall street from 2010 and swear those discs had more glide then the current versions.

Anyone else thrown the dark maul yet? Where does it fall on the stability scale?

Isn't the PD technically a 9? I mean, it's a Firebird wing right, just with a different top?

Latest posts