• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Can confirm. Dark Mauls are awesome. A tick less stable than other runs of even S-Lines. But they match my seasoned S-Lines for flight paths and can fill that color glow driver slot that I love. The feel of the Color Glow Champ is just perfect. Tacky and grippy. Where fresh PDs are very true to flight ratings (10/4/0/3) The Dark Mauls are closer to 10/4/0/2. Reminds me of a more stable Wraith. I'm loving them.

Maybe cause its a little cooler now but my take on the dark maul's stability is differing from previous posts.

After a few throws, I feel like these are a stable run for sure. Certainly they could break in but I put the torque on them and the held coming back stable for sure.

Nice tacky grip and the color and stamp puts these in that elevated status of the twenty plus PD's I own.

Grabbed me one of those G-line PDs during the moving sale - with the last day discount code it ended up about $10 shipped. I am intrigued by the flight numbers.

Grabbed me one of those G-line PDs during the moving sale - with the last day discount code it ended up about $10 shipped. I am intrigued by the flight numbers.

Resistant to turn, almost no fade, great grip, sneaky long because of decent glide, throws best when only a few feet of the ground - so, great for line drives and tight tunnel shots, and overall a great disc. I bookcase it with a G-Star TeeBird3 and a Champion Thunderbird. I can sneak it out to almost 400 if I go all in, but I actually use it more for placement between 320-360, which are the majority of holes in Minnesota. The TeeBird has a touch of turn and an equal touch of fade, so better for shorter holes than what I would use this PD for, and the Thunderbird has a solid fade, almost overstable flight, so when I need a left finish, I will pick it over the PD. However, my game is predicated on throwing flat and straight, as I have issues with nose angles and release points when trying to throw hyzerflips, so a disc like the G-PD is perfect for my game.

Yeah I just picked up a 170 g S-PD off discgolfcenter and it's one of the beefiest I've thrown.

It's purple one in comparison to a good stability S-Line from a few years ago.

Grabbed a new embossed 170g S-line a couple weeks ago, threw it a few times and put it up for later seasoning. Took it to the field this afternoon and holy crap is it OS. I'm clueless as far as runs but the only PD I can compare it to is a C-line poptop/heartbeat I found used.

PLH appears similar to yours and it is pretty flat with just a touch of a heartbeat. Gonna put it in my Firebird slot and try to beat it up some.

So who has thrown the ten year anniversary's yet?

Discmania was really trying to hype these up.

A bit skeptical, partially cause after throwing the last boutique run the avery j. dark mauls are gorgeous and fly great.

A bit skeptical, partially cause after throwing the last boutique run the avery j. dark mauls are gorgeous and fly great.

They are from the same run as the other "similar to first run" clear C-Lines from early in the year.

Threw one of my 10 yr anniversary CPDs in the bag for my rounds today. For reference, I have never thrown a CFR PD, but do have a good bit of experience with the 3rd runs, which I love and compared the 10 yrs to.

First impressions: the 10 yrs are crystal clear, high PLH, and flat. 10 yr PLH is higher vs a 3rd run. 10 yr plastic is softer/ grippier, but by no means soft.

For me, the 2 CLines I've mentioned above give me the same result, but they go about it a little different. Neither really think about turning. The 10 yrs carry a bit more, and dump a bit more. The 3rd runs don't glide as much and the fade goes forward more.

I think the 10 yrs are great bookend CPDs. The flatness really works for my FH. If you already have a bunch of beefy PDs, you're not gonna miss the 10yr. If you need an OS PD these will do the job, and I guess by extension the "stock run" of the same vintage.

I sifted through about 20 10th annys and walked away with one. They felt pretty similar to my latest extra beefy embossed c-line (13th run), but after taking it to the course, I see it is no where near as stable. Mine, which looked just like the rest in the stacks, has a slight dome and the same moderately soft feeling plastic. After throwing it I was surprised, because I was expecting the same flight as a 13th run embossed, but it has a pretty good amount of high speed turn and glide. Absolutely no where near a 13th.

I've only thrown mine once on a backhand and once on a forehand. Pretty beefy considering my main PD experience is with GStar...

With all the new runs of pd's are any coming out consistently flat?

S-line has been flat for awhile now. The newest S-Line are super beefy though, very high PLH.

The newest run of C-Line. Stock and 10 year are flat. Stock run was very OS, similar to a 1st run.

Whats up Freaks. First time poster and new to the PD family. Have messed around a little with some PD's in the past but just starting to really commit to them in my bag setup. Have thrown Thundy's and Wraiths for a while but decided to pull them out of the bag to consolidate molds and open up some space for 2-3 more discs.

My current PD lineup is...
(2) SUPER stiff domey and I mean DOMEY C-Line's
-trying to figure out what run these are cuz they are much different feeling than any of my other PD's with how stiff the C-Line is and the big dome.
-One is a Pink Infinite Discs small Bomber stamp at 175g.
-One is a florescent Yellow Santa Cruz Skatboards Stamped C-Line at 172g.

(2) 168g Orange Small Shield stamped C-Line that have the embossed "C-Line PD" on the belly.
-These are the most Over Stable by far. Complete meathooks that just wanna knife to the ground and don't get much distance. Pretty sure these are run 11-13 but would love some clarification?

(1) AJ Dark Maul

(2) Pink S-Line F2's
-A 175g pretty flat not too over stable but not under stable by any means.
-A 172 S-Line thats pretty much the exact same as the 175 just lighter.
-No idea what runs these are but I got them from the factory store about a year ago. They are my workhorse stability's at this point.

(1) 175g G-Line. Barely thrown. Pretty flat. Basically understable duties

(1) 172g P-Line. Barely thrown Pretty flat. Same, understable duties.

***I throw speed 12's (Shrykes or Beat Destroyers) to about 415-440 on flat ground on good days in good conditions if that helps***

I've been slowly working my way through this 380 page feed. And have a few questions?

If anyone can shed some light or ballpark what runs these are I'd love to know?

I have 3 spots in my bag for them and am looking for recommendations on which three out of these nine people would suggest and why. I have a pretty good idea how my setup will look but always looking for input?

Any help would be grwatly appreciated! Cheers!

My current PD lineup is...
(2) SUPER stiff domey and I mean DOMEY C-Line's
-trying to figure out what run these are cuz they are much different feeling than any of my other PD's with how stiff the C-Line is and the big dome.
-One is a Pink Infinite Discs small Bomber stamp at 175g.
-One is a florescent Yellow Santa Cruz Skatboards Stamped C-Line at 172g.

Would need pic for better guess but if they are super clear plastic they are probably 6-10th runs. All nearly the same in that range. Good flyers despite the dome.

(2) 168g Orange Small Shield stamped C-Line that have the embossed "C-Line PD" on the belly.
-These are the most Over Stable by far. Complete meathooks that just wanna knife to the ground and don't get much distance. Pretty sure these are run 11-13 but would love some clarification?

Newest run. Only 1 run of C-Line embossed PDs have been produced thus far. These are very OS as you stated. Somewhat close to 1st runs but I prefer 1st runs still. 1st runs are that old c-line hard and indestructible.

(1) AJ Dark Maul

Again, only 1 run of these. Not as OS as the ones above.

(2) Pink S-Line F2's
-A 175g pretty flat not too over stable but not under stable by any means.
-A 172 S-Line thats pretty much the exact same as the 175 just lighter.
-No idea what runs these are but I got them from the factory store about a year ago. They are my workhorse stability's at this point.

S-Line have been flat for awhile now. If they aren't embossed they are at least 2 years old now. They are less OS than the newest run. Very good discs.

(1) 175g G-Line. Barely thrown. Pretty flat. Basically understable duties

Again a few runs now. All pretty much the same. More OS than P-line, less OS than any S-Line. I don't care for these at all.

(1) 172g P-Line. Barely thrown Pretty flat. Same, understable duties.

Theres a few runs of P-line out there. Some "driver pro" some softer pro. Can't tell you without a pic. I like these for tunnel shots. Lazer beams if thrown correctly. All P-Line PD are OOP now.

I have 3 spots in my bag for them and am looking for recommendations on which three out of these nine people would suggest and why. I have a pretty good idea how my setup will look but always looking for input?

1 C-Line from the embossed run.
1 C-Line from the "domey" run.
1 S-Line

or 2 S-Lines

or whatever you like best. I cycle a lot of PDs. The only thing that stays in is a 1st run and my last p-line.

Alls I can say is the D-Lines can be flippy as a Leo, at least mine was.

If they can engrave the name now, they should do the same with the run number. Kind of like what Millennium does, but obviously not in the hot stamp.

Latest posts