• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I actually like the newest embossed c-line PD's because they are firebird overstable, but with more glide so I could fill that gap in the bag where you want firebird overstability but a little more distance so that spike hyzer 250-300ft shot can be thrown with normal form and not need 100% effort compared to a FAF champ firebird at my power.

I do miss those older gummy 4th run C-PD and 7th run PD that are longer distance teebirds with destroyer like distance when you're feeling loose.

I can get destroyer distance with fresh P-PD's though. Please please please discmania bring back the P-Pd.

7th Run's are money, often overlooked by many because people are looking for the most overstable or closest to first runs. Don't know what I'll do if I lose the ones I have.

I will probably have to add a wider rim driver when I run out of P-PDs. I haven't found a 1.9cm driver that flies as far.

I've found that I can throw an Undertaker almost as far as my Crank. I threw one Monday that was 3' off the ground and flew 325' dead straight. I can push them out to 400 if I have room to work with.

7th Run's are money, often overlooked by many because people are looking for the most overstable or closest to first runs. Don't know what I'll do if I lose the ones I have.

Ive got a couple 7th runs if youre interested

7th run is my second favorite run after 3rd runs. If you handed me a fresh version of both without other PDs to compliment I would probably take the 7th.

I received three of the swirly S lines in the mail. They have exact same profile and PLH as the most current run of super stable S-PD's. I have 3 of the older more straight not stupid overstable S-PD's left. I was hoping that these would be more like that. If for some reason they're not, I'll update but I'm pretty sure these aren't anything special unfortunately.

I received three of the swirly S lines in the mail. They have exact same profile and PLH as the most current run of super stable S-PD's. I have 3 of the older more straight not stupid overstable S-PD's left. I was hoping that these would be more like that. If for some reason they're not, I'll update but I'm pretty sure these aren't anything special unfortunately.

I played a couple rounds with them this weekend. They're definitely a little straighter but nothing compared to the older, gummier, flat, penned runs.

Anyone else throw the Lone Howls? Also the run with the freak stamps they claim are less stable than the past run, anyone get a chance to throw one of those yet?

I got one of the Lone Howl and it's nice and flat, the stupid OS embossed run has a little bubble dome. The LH isn't nearly as OS as the embossed but I like my penned runs better.

Not great news. The PD used to be my favorite mold, but discmania has not done it any favors. I don't like thunderbirds as much as my old PDs, but I guess they will have to do.

Yes because discamia jacked with the mold and made the PD's stupid overstable. It may as well be named a "flick". Hahahaha.

Maybe that's an overstatement. But they are to much compared to what they were... also, WHY NOT BRING BACK THE P LINE?!?!?

i didnt know they messed with with

since when or whats the short story on that

and i did hear thru the grapevine that the ppd was discontinued

They tweaked the stock s-lines and made them very overstable, it's the same mold, but they cooled differently and they used a very stiff s-line plastic that caused them to be very overstable. They heard the feedback from many people that they did not like that run, so they used a softer s-line when they created the Lone Howl, this also resulted in a much more desirable flight, similar to then penned PDs before the embossed stock run. It's the same mold, but run differences change the flight.

The didn't ruin the mold for all eternity, they created a run that was not well received (embossed stock stamps) and then created a run that was very well received (swirly lone-howl) right after it based on the feedback from the embossed.

They tweaked the stock s-lines and made them very overstable, it's the same mold, but they cooled differently and they used a very stiff s-line plastic that caused them to be very overstable. They heard the feedback from many people that they did not like that run, so they used a softer s-line when they created the Lone Howl, this also resulted in a much more desirable flight, similar to then penned PDs before the embossed stock run. It's the same mold, but run differences change the flight.

The didn't ruin the mold for all eternity, they created a run that was not well received (embossed stock stamps) and then created a run that was very well received (swirly lone-howl) right after it based on the feedback from the embossed.

ahh thank you

i remember back in the day the patent number flat s lines were things of absolute beauty

Lone Howl was released over a year after the embossed run and I haven't seen anyone really singing praise for it. It's certainly better than the embossed run but it seems to lack the glide/distance of my penned ones. I have a sample of one, it will probably get better with some wear if it ever makes my bag.

Lone Howl was released over a year after the embossed run and I haven't seen anyone really singing praise for it. It's certainly better than the embossed run but it seems to lack the glide/distance of my penned ones. I have a sample of one, it will probably get better with some wear if it ever makes my bag.

I'm said "right after" more in the effect of the following run. Also, from what I've heard about the Lone Howl is what I'm experiencing with this run as well, it is very versatile and has the stability, glide, and feel that a majority of people wanted.

Runs of any mold are constantly changing and while some are poorly received others are highly praised. The PD is no different, it will constantly change, sometimes they will get good runs and other times there will be bad runs.

They have never made the s-line PDs as consistent as the c-lines. C-lines since the 7th run have been consistently made to be more and more overstable because people wanted them like the 1st runs. The s-lines on the other hand have been constantly changed. I don't know if it is a limitation of the plastic or if it is Discmania trying new processes and using the PD as a lab rat.

Latest posts