• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pred or Stalker?

dickyp1113

Par Member
I am primarily a RHFH player but im trying to develop my BH off the tee. Ive been looking to get a new driver to help that as well as continueing to work on technique. The two ive been lookin at are discrafts predator and stalker. Any suggestions on those two or maybe a completely different disc? Thanks!

The Predator is a great sidearm disc with tons of fade while the Stalker is a good accurate backhand disc that is more of a fairway driver than distace driver. If you are looking for a discraft disc to develop your backhand, try a Surge or Avenger SS if you want a distance driver. The Stalker isn't bad put it is more like a Buzzz on steriods.

Between the two stalker, but a surge ss would be a longer disc. If you really want to learn form an xl or avenger ss will be less over stable and teach you better

\/\/

The stalker and the pred are two totally different discs. In your case the stalker would get my recommendation for a driver to develop with. The pred will be a meathook. You can add one later on when you have developed more...

The stalker and the pred are two totally different discs. In your case the stalker would get my recommendation for a driver to develop with. The pred will be a meathook. You can add one later on when you have developed more...

For the love of ray j. I agree.

Between those two the Stalker is what you want. Though I always recommend the Leopard for people learning to throw BH.

How about starting out with a putter or mid if you are learning BH form? I would suggest a putter like a Wizard, Magnet or Aviar; a mid like a Roc, Buzzz or Core; a second mid that is either a Comet or Fuse; and finally a driver like a Leopard, Cheetah, River or TL. Read the threads on discing down and the threads on form diagnosis. Lots of good information there.

Phish...I have to say i play sherwood the most being that it is 2 mins from my house. But id say around here i like cresmont the most.

how far are you currently throwing backhand?

less than 250 = X comet
More than 250 = DX leopard
Way more than 250 (325 up) = many options

I really like the stalker actually cause it really helps to teach you good form. If you don't really get your weigh forward and keep the nose down it will only go 200 feet with a big hard fade. I still use it for really low ceiling shots. its a great accuracy disc. It is harder to get it out as far as something like a leopard or lat 64 river for me since it seems to lack the glide those two (or other drivers) have.

One more vote for the Stalker. Not sure why everyone thinks it's a fairway driver, mine goes the distance.