• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Pro-Line plastic question

Rescue

Eagle Member
So I'm familliar with the Pro Line plastic that is like todays Champion plastic, but I have picked up a few Pro Line Cobras and this type of plastic is a totally different bird. At first glance I just thought it might be close to todays Pro plastic, but after throwing one of the Cobras for some time now. It sure doesn't seem like todays Pro plastic? This stuff is very durable, almost CE like. It my have some scuffs, but even after some tree strikes and road skips and just plain abuse. This plastic seems no worse for wear.
So does anyone know if this is just some heavy duty Pro plastic (Like HD plastic)? Or is this stuff more in the CE plastic family? I ask, because I've had Pro plastic of today and it would not hold up like this Cobra has.

Thanks and Peace!

There were two types of old Pro Lines (Clearish like todays champ, and opaque). The there is the new Pro which is opaque, but not nearly as durable.

Isn't there somethnig about whether its "Pro" vs. "PRO"

And while i'm on it, what's the difference b/t that ^^^ and "pro line":confused::confused:

I have a brand new, never been thrown Pro-Line Cobra. I was talking with my Innova sales rep on Friday afternoon. We were talking about what we carry in our bags and he said he loves the old Pro Line Cobras. When I told him I have one (it's in my CTP basket in my car) he asked what I want for it.

If someone that works for Innova wants my Pro Line Cobra, that must mean they're hard to come by.

I have a brand new, never been thrown Pro-Line Cobra. I was talking with my Innova sales rep on Friday afternoon. We were talking about what we carry in our bags and he said he loves the old Pro Line Cobras. When I told him I have one (it's in my CTP basket in my car) he asked what I want for it.

If someone that works for Innova wants my Pro Line Cobra, that must mean they're hard to come by.
Can't say as I've seen to many in this plastic. I've seen them in the Champion style, but with more pigment/opaque look to them ie: Beast's, Gremlin's and Monster's
I've always been told that you never know with Innova. They would just up and try diff stuff all the time with no rhyme or reason.

Last edited:
They are hard to come by, mostly because they don't make the pro line plastic anymore. I don't know about any difference in PRO v. Pro, but Pro and Pro Line are not the same.

Pro Line is an older OOP plastic, while Pro is the newer less durable current plastic.

The difference is feel and durability. The old stuff has a way better grip and is durable like CE, not this soft stuff they make now.

Latest posts