• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro or enjoyment?

Is your goal to go pro or just have fun?

• Go pro

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • No goal in mind, only for fun.

Votes: 88 63.8%

• Total voters
Having gone Pro, I have since gone unPro....and have had fun all the way (although no longer living up to my old expectations is a frustrating kind of fun).

Have done the same. Grew and played up to pro locally and at some regionals within 4 years, with decent success. Then stopped playing a while, 6 yrs., after a move away from my original home. Got back into local/regional pro play and realized that what I wanted out of disc golf had changed along with my ability.

Now I am most interested in playing on a tourney card with folks that have a goal of common fun. Or reconnecting with friends from old that still play.

Also teaching my kids to play and working hard to make the money that allows us to travel to cool new disc golf venues is a priority, much more over, "practice/win".

I definately have zero aspirations of going pro, but I constantly am working on improving.

I play for fun. I host leagues and tourneys for fun. I even do course maintenance for fun, because a clean course is a fun and relaxing place to play. If you call yourself a disc golfer, frolfer, frisbee tosser, or hippie... you should be doing it for fun :)

For me, its all about having a good time with your buds or even alone. I enjoy a lot of sports and have played many, but if it where my job, I doubt that I would enjoy it as much. I always strive to get to the highest level that I possibly can. For me, the practice and repetition is what I love about the game. No matter how many times i play the same courses, its always changing. You never throw the same shot from the same location with the same weather and wind conditions. The more you play the more you learn. It may not seem like it because you played may have played like crap, but there is always a lesson to learn. Thats what I love about the sport and thats why its all about having a good time for me.

I voted for no goal. The only tournament that I've ever played in was an ace race, and it was kinda fun, but I prefer the casual style. I usually play by myself and I know that I have way more fun when the disc does what I want it to. I know it takes field work and putting practice to make this happen, and I'm OK with that. I enjoy throwing frisbees in a field on occasion. But, I could kinda care less about how I compare with other discgolfers. I know what kind of throws I am capable of throwing, and the more of those I actually throw in a round, the more fun I have.

I have no aspirations to be pro, but I still take the game seriously and put in time and effort to practice and improve.

I'm a competitive person and have been involved in sports all my life. I never expected to go pro in any of them, but I always wanted to be competitive at whatever level I was competing at. So I enjoyed putting in the effort and then reaping the rewards during competition.

I voted for no goals & fun, but this ^^ is me as well. Improving is fun.

Have you seen what our pros make? Yeah, I think I'll keep my day job.

But hey, I can still concentrate on making improvements.

If I get to a point where 2 or 3 over course par is the worst of my rounds, then I will be happy.

You understand that even when you reach that goal, you won't be happy... Trust me, this is how humans work. You will then give yourself another goal and so on and so forth, and that's fine. I doubt much players can say they are satisfied with their game.

Latest posts