• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

We've all seen golf galleries where they are literally lined up forming a tunnel of people right down the tee area.

They seem to handle things well despite that.

Like this? European Open hole #2, where a common backhand play is a roller? I dont think anyone has ever gotten hit, because people know what is going on.

Attachments

• event-featured-image-european-open.jpg
    event-featured-image-european-open.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 76
I gotta say, the first 6 holes I watched... Thanks to the live chat I was laughing my ass off. If it werent for that I probably would tune out. Its a bit late for local time but I will likely watch the first few today and if there is a battle with my favorites in the mix, all of the final round.

I don't know which hole it was off hand. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why you have this take (especially if you haven't seen the shot in question). Seems strangely, unnecessarily black-and-white. Again, without the camera guy's interference, that disc gets back in, almost certainly. It all happens very close to the OB line.

Sorry it took so long to reply.

For me, trying to figure out what's in the camera man's mind, something I can't possibly know, why he didn't move, if he saw the disc or not, we'll that's pretty gray. The OB line is black and white, I can read the rule on it. If I'm over it, I'm OB. If I don't want to be OB, I don't throw over it. If it's my intent is to go over the line and come back in, I make sure I have a clear path. That's my obligation to my game.

Part of my feeling may come from soccer, I refereed for years. I can't tell you the whining I heard about it was or wasn't in bounds. Folks will worry about inconsequential things.

The disc crossed over the OB line, it hit an item in that location and stayed OB. That's the way it goes. I'm not willing to tar and feather some guy who I don't even know over that outcome when the problem was solved by staying IB.

When I said I hadn't seen the throw, I meant I hadn't reviewed it. I watched it live. My recollection was that it came in low and hot. I didn't recall seeing the disc mechanics behind the cameraman, that made it hard for me, at the time, to determine if it would have gone back IB or not. Again, that's irrelevant to me since throwing IB solves the problem.

One other point. I've thrown at folks, accidently, a number of times. I've never yet yelled at them to get out of the way because they are going to impede my discs, I yell at them cause I don't want them to get hurt. It seemed to me that some here thought Madison yelled for the first reason, and not the second. I'd be curious to know what she was thinking, but again, that's one of those gray areas.

Last, it also seems to me that a big part of this is, "Steve hired non experienced guys, and if the cameraman knew his job it misses him.". Well yes. That's a different issue. I side with ccdg and Jomez, theyre better, but I don't think the two issues should be dealt with as one. That is, I'm not willing to say this guy getting hit is a reason to argue for ccdg and Jomez and smash. There are better issues to argue the point. The issues that matter to me are different than those that matter to others. Loyalty to guys who stuck their parts out, took a risk, made a great effort and product is all that matters. Technical issues are way less important.

Heres the link: https://www.dgpt.com/news/update-regarding-dgpt-media-at-waco

Disabling the chat will allow for our commentators to focus on the commentary, our viewers to focus on the stellar play, and our moderators not being overworked dealing with negative comments that we have brought on ourselves.

Bullspit. When have the commentators said a thing about the chat? As a viewer, you can disable it for yourself whenever you choose. As for moderation, perhaps it would not be such a tall task if you were not to try and edit out every single negative thing. Use the automatic moderating settings (curse words etc) and just leave it be.

Complete rubbish. 90% of the stream is down time. The announcers alone wont keep me entertained. Now with the chat gone, not sure how long until I choose going to sleep over the broadcast.

This is their third event. Kinks should have been worked out by now.

It's time for DGPT to admit they've failed.

How long before Dodge throws it in and brings back Jomez to film lead cards and SB to attempt live?

I find it interesting that after the uproar with JoMez not airing sponsor/tournament sponsor commercials, that I've not seen one actual sponsor commercial on live coverage today.

Is Jomez not puting their vids up as well because the DGPT failed and cant get theirs up fast enough?

From the Book of Faces DGPT page:

So far, we are not living up to our end of the bargain regarding getting quality media out quickly. We will continue to work to improve.

I have to give them credit here because at least they aren't hiding from it and admitting the truth. They have a loooooong way to go though.

Weird commentary, hardly ever showing the score board. Overall lackluster FPO live broadcast. Great battle going on for 1st.