• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

So you're saying that he intentionally stood his ground and let the disc hit him? Because if it's not a freak occurrence and impossible (though I'd categorize it more as difficult) to get out of the way, doesn't that imply that he made a choice?

in the context of the incident where a cameraman refused to get out of Catrina Allen's line of sight when she was putting, despite requests by Catrina AND by Paige Pierce for him to move, I do wonder if the cameraman just refused to move out of the way of Weese's shot. These Dodge-hired cameramen are not acquitting themselves well in ANY capacity...

(That's in that context. In reality, I doubt he saw the disc coming at him. When I hear 'fore' on the DG course, I just put my arms over my head and duck, and look for the disc later because they're sometimes hard to see coming right at me.)

Wanna hear another story?

Cat is lining up a putt, and the camera guy is right in her view, moving around. She asks him to move, he won't. Paige sees this and goes over to talk to him, telling him to move. Explaining that we give preference to the people playing on higher number holes. He asks Paige if he's OB for the hole Cat is on. She tells him his is, but that it's not the point. He refuses to move, Paige gives up.

There's a whole thread dedicated to that incident. And it's just totally unacceptable of Dodge's cameraman to have been a jerk like that.

I tried to watch it and it ended up on a loop and kept repeating itself over and over. The fourth time I just quit. It is garbage. I like Nate and Val but the technical issues are just too much to overcome.

I saw the footage where the disc hit the cameraman. I won't even speculate as to whether he should have been able to get out of the way or not.

Overall I thought the coverage was subpar compared to what I'm used to seeing. The camera angles were bad and choppy. There were random missed shots without explanation. As a spectator I just didn't feel like I was "IN" to it like usual.

This is one of the best things i have ever seen! Good Boy! Wooof!

I respect the spotter's response to a dog just doing what's natural. And I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally flabbergasted by and want to eliminate, that fans, spectators, etc. (non-officials) still can affect a disc in flight or in play -- whether for good or bad. I don't think that it was cool for the dog handler to just stand there and make no attempt to get out of the way. On some level, I feel some of these incidents have people WANTING to get on camera and/or be talked about.

If the interference in intentional (tough to argue in this case, as there is no movement, even if he was to kick the disc up it could be said he was doing it unintentionally in the process of trying to move away), BUT, you could argue 810D:

A thrown disc whose course was intentionally altered is given a position at the point of contact, as agreed on by the group. The thrower may choose to play from the resulting lie, or to abandon the throw without penalty.

Of course in this context it benefited the player. But lets say a schmoe clearly kicks out to stop a disc and keep it OB, its not like it would always be "well it struck a person, nothing we can do".

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/810

I respect the spotter's response to a dog just doing what's natural. And I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally flabbergasted by and want to eliminate, that fans, spectators, etc. (non-officials) still can affect a disc in flight or in play -- whether for good or bad. I don't think that it was cool for the dog handler to just stand there and make no attempt to get out of the way. On some level, I feel some of these incidents have people WANTING to get on camera and/or be talked about.

Unless we want to bar any non-players/non-officials from being on the course during play, it is impossible to eliminate interference from those folks. If they're there, the potential for interference exists no matter how many safeguards or rules you put in place to lessen the likelihood.

I have to say, I've yet to see a case of interference, good or bad, that was clearly intentional and done by the person strictly for the attention.

Sooo what I am hearing is you hate dogs????? Unbelieveable....DOG HATER!

Unless we want to bar any non-players/non-officials from being on the course during play, it is impossible to eliminate interference from those folks. If they're there, the potential for interference exists no matter how many safeguards or rules you put in place to lessen the likelihood.

I have to say, I've yet to see a case of interference, good or bad, that was clearly intentional and done by the person strictly for the attention.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ZkoQQCViU

A pedestrian walked right in front of a cycling team during a time trial today and totally destroyed two riders (and was destroyed himself).

Like you say, having anyone in attendance invites problems, but hey, crowds are good.

Since you broached it, what I WANT is spectators to be nowhere near any OB boundary or potential line of play if they are gonna spectate UP THE FAIRWAY from the thrower. (Shouldn't galleries be entotal, behind the group instead of mostly behind? It'd be better if all spectators were.) And what I WANT is for people who MUST "spectate" up the fairway to be alert, watching, and have all their stuff under their immediate control so that should an errant (or even intentional) throw come near them they can and would responsibly, quickly, and EARLY (is earlily a word?) get out of the way.

Sooo what I am hearing is you hate dogs????? Unbelieveable....DOG HATER!

OK, I got the tongue-in-cheekness... but... if you read my comments in context, you could see I was critical of her handler, not the dog herself. And yes I don't like a human spectator who either 1) won't move when they've seen for the better part of 4 or 5 seconds that the disc in play is headed very close to where they are standing/sitting/talking-to-their-buddy; or 2) is calling himself/herself a "spectator" and is not watching the action.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ZkoQQCViU

A pedestrian walked right in front of a cycling team during a time trial today and totally destroyed two riders (and was destroyed himself).

Like you say, having anyone in attendance invites problems, but hey, crowds are good.

Doesn't make it right imho, ... not in disc golf, not in cycling, not in basketball, baseball, football, tennis, whatever. Fans should not play a part in the actual game.

So yeah - they just cut away from a drive on the feature card to watch players walk around and figure out who was putting. Eventually they got to show Ricky putting. I don't know why they need to show the side-card immediately. Wait 30-45 seconds, and when/if something interesting happens THEN cut away and show it as a replay (Ricky taking a Ricky-drop-in aka a 20 footer is rarely interesting - his drive and approach were worth showing). Twitter isn't going to spoil it for the viewers in the half a minute it takes to discern whether its worth showing on slight delay.

I haven't seen a single score graphic since I've been watching the last 30 min...did I miss one somewhere?

OMG more nauseating camera work I see...And the wind noise? Seriously? Is this ameture hour or what? Even a hack like me knows how to fix that. A $2 sock over the mic will take care of most of that issue.

Sheez.

Edit: I see ejvogie beat me to the wind noise comment haha

Latest posts