• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro worlds this week

I dont even want to talk about the winner of the mens. It must've been an off day for everyone because the winner was less than 550'. And tons of those guys have way more distance potential than that. Pretty pitiful for a worlds D competition in my opinion.

Did you ever consider that maybe there was a strong headwind in their faces?!?

:rolleyes:

i was just suprised, I have seen several tourney's in my area and everything is par 3. I just didn't figure 510 justified a par 4 when 475's are ALWAYS 3's for amateurs only an hour away from the worlds.

Nvm. after looking at some of the layout's up there it doesn't surprise me at all that there are par 4's and 5's. The indiana summer series plays there next week. Can't go:( i'll be out of town. I will play there b4 the end of the year though.

It says on the twitter feed that A. Jenkins hit a 175' approach on a pro par 4. There are par 4's in the worlds?

there's a handful of holes out there that are over 600 feet, those are the 5s. and they aren't all downhill either...hole 17 on the red course is a beast, it's like 550, and it actually goes up hill from the tee...

I dont even want to talk about the winner of the mens. It must've been an off day for everyone because the winner was less than 550'. And tons of those guys have way more distance potential than that. Pretty pitiful for a worlds D competition in my opinion.

Humidity is also a distance killer.

I just got back, it's brutal out there. Not to mention I was on crutches and had a buzz lightyear moon boot on.

It sucks because I'm not extremely mobile so I pretty much stayed in one spot for a while, then moved, and so on. Seems more clouds are rolling in though, will probably be better tonight.

They put up the tee times for tomorrow, but I didn't see the men's tee times on there. Is there 8 rounds? that would put them squeezing in 2/day from here on out except for one day being only 1 round. anyone know which days they will be playing 2 rounds?

They put up the tee times for tomorrow, but I didn't see the men's tee times on there. Is there 8 rounds? that would put them squeezing in 2/day from here on out except for one day being only 1 round. anyone know which days they will be playing 2 rounds?

No tee times tomorrow. The field is separated into two pools based on score and they will play two shotgun start rounds just like your run of the mill one day tournament. One group gets the red course, the other gets the blue course. In the afternoon, they switch.

Schedule: http://2010proworlds.com/images/PW2010Schedule.pdf

After those rounds, the two groups will merge for another tee time round on Thursday. After that round, they'll split again.

If only kachtz had been there:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18127&highlight=kachtz

He could have shown them a thing or two. :)

But seriously, I doubt it was an off day for everyone. Maybe even the pros have trouble throwing over 550 consistently.

If only kachtz had been there:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18127&highlight=kachtz

He could have shown them a thing or two. :)

But seriously, I doubt it was an off day for everyone. Maybe even the pros have trouble throwing over 550 consistently.

The indoor distance record is only 471 ft. (although it was set back in '05). Without perfect wind & atmospheric conditions and/or elevation (playing at high altitude, not throwing downhill), even the pros don't get a lot of distance consistently.

Also, I was pleased to see the local Eugene/Springfield, OR pros playing well. :) Nate Sexton and Andrew Rich are tied in 38th place at -5, Andy Hock made group A in 72nd at -2, and Ben Van Dusen is in group B at +2. Plus, if you throw in Dave Feldberg and Avery Jenkins (former locals), we're doing very well indeed ;)

Last edited:
The indoor distance record is only 471 ft. (although it was set back in '05). Without perfect wind & atmospheric conditions and/or elevation (playing at high altitude, not throwing downhill), even the pros don't get a lot of distance consistently.

Heh, just looked up that record and it was set on an aircraft carrier (the JFK)! There probably aren't a lot of indoor venues that can hold a 500-foot toss.

Has anyone been to the tournament yet? What is there besides the tournament, such as vendors, etc?

Where is the best place to park?