• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Pro Suspended from PDGA Play

Funny, I am from the Midwest and never heard of this guy, been to quite a few tourneys too. He is from Texas, which is in the south. I looked him up and he is a classified pro and sponsored by Prodigy. That is true. Oh well, kicking over a basket is worthy of a suspension, for a year? Idk, maybe 2 months would be sufficient. A year should be something like a drug/alcohol related offense during an event or off the course if you are a "pro" player.

3 months, not a year. And this is not his first discipline from the PDGA.

Funny, I am from the Midwest and never heard of this guy, been to quite a few tourneys too. He is from Texas, which is in the south. I looked him up and he is a classified pro and sponsored by Prodigy. That is true. Oh well, kicking over a basket is worthy of a suspension, for a year? Idk, maybe 2 months would be sufficient. A year should be something like a drug/alcohol related offense during an event or off the course if you are a "pro" player.

He's played Ozark tourneys several times right up in your neck of the woods.

Out of curiosity, why phrase it as "Prodigy Pro" instead of just posting his name? Bradley Williams. There was that so hard?

Come on, this was good journalism! "Prodigy pro? Which one? Was it Will? Ooooh maybe it was Paige..."

*click*

"Just Williams? Dammit."

A good headline gets the clicks. ;)

Who is this guy? What has he done? I mean, hey great he is sponsored by Prodigy but, I have to agree with one of the posters on here that said why not say he was suspended. Titling it Prodigy pro... no he's not, he's sponsored, he's not a pro. Also he should be suspended, you don't kick over the basket.

He's a 1020+ rated pro and arguably the best player in Texas, which by the way has the most disc golfers of any state. So yeah he's somebody.

BW apparently did make a public apology.

That counts for something, right?

From the event page.

Dear card mates from Today, Tournament directors Mitch & Patty and property owner Dave Moody and all other fellow disc golfers, I'd like to address my actions from today: What connects me with all of you, is my extreme passion for Disc Golf. I feel that for me personally, this extreme passion is not only my greatest attribute but my greatest downfall as well. Sometimes I let my passion get the best of me while on the course and my emotions cloud my judgement. I hope you guys have been noticing my work to improve this area of my game. I made a bad decision today, that I deeply regret and would do anything to take back. I'm not writing this Today because of the repercussions for my action, but because I'm deeply ashamed for this setback in my progress. I acknowledge and am grateful for everything y'all do for the sport, and I wish you all the best. Regardless of this apology, I understand there are consequences for my actions and I will continue to make efforts to improve my sportsmanship, professionalism and overall attitude. Sincerely, Bradley Williams

BW apparently did make a public apology.

That counts for something, right?

I imagine it probably did. This wasn't his first PDGA discipline, so it arguably could have been worse as a repeat offender.

He has said that he is a diagnosed psychopath. If that is true, then he lacks the ability to control his impulses. He also lacks the ability to feel remorse or shame. While his behavior is unacceptable, I think you have to recognize that he is dealing with a personality disorder.

It sure is easy to cast judgement upon others without the benefit of the mile walk in their moccasins. I betcha it's pretty peachy being a perfect human and all...