• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

Ya, sounds like its being handled and will be alright.
At least he didnt take a couple thousand pre orders and take a year to get it sorted out lol

my red prodiscus bag came in today and man this thing is awesome!! its not as huge as i thought it was gonna be which is a plus. i have 17 or 18 discs in the main pocket and 4 putters in the top. only problem i had was one of the zippers wasn't working after zipped all the way down on one of the big side pockets. if this continued to be a problem how would it be dealt with? i got the bag from marshall street so i'd assume i'd contact them? or kai?

You can try MSt first, it's not like they'd tell you to go screw yourself or anything. I'm not sure if they're licensed retailers or just bought a set of bags. If they're licensed, you'd think they'd be able to do something. At least get it fixed and Kai would reimburse them, rather than worry about a buttload of international shipping costs.

Saw someone with a red Produscus bag the other day at Barre Falls in MA, I assume they got it at MST. They were looking for a green disc in Hole 3 fairway (they were shooting 9).

If it was someone on here, I was the guy with the 2 kids you asked if I saw your disc.

And I agree, bag wasn't as big in person as it looked in the videos.

IDK guys, I got mine the other day and this bag is bigger than my Mahal! Granted the side pockets were not fully open on my Mahal, but it's one nice big a$$ bag. It's the love child of the Grip and Mahal imo lol! I too have had some zipper issues with the bag (locking up). I think you just might be better off going to a local taylor? Not sure what MS could do to be honest?

I've had a Grip for a few months and recently got my yellow/black ProDiscus bag in the mail.

A photo of each:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Off the top of my head (I'll probably forget several things, more from the Likes than the Dislikes)...

• Holds an extra two discs in the main compartment.
  • Holds an exstra two discs easily in the putter pocket.
  • The internal dividers are nice if you don't want to carry a full bag but don't want things rattling around either. I put them on the outside and squeeze my discs into the middle.
  • Like the Grip, discs on the outer edges are a big tougher to pull from the bag than they would be with a squarer flap/opening.
  • Plenty of room for storage. The side pockets are huge, the putter pocket is a cavern, and the wide pockets on the sides can hold discs or other stuff.
  • Attractive design.
  • Good materials. Particularly like the plasti-coated bottom and skid rubber strips.
  • Two drink holders with drainage.
  • Super comfortable, though a bit wider and squatter than the Grip. Feels similar on the back.
  • D-Rings included in a few places on the bag.
  • Velour lined valuables pouch is wide, with a divider in the middle to stop stuff (like your phone) from sliding around.
  • Included rain fly is permanently (kind of) attached and easy to drape over your bag and attach or not as you wish.

Dislikes:
  • Putter pocket has no mechanism to "prop up" your discs like the Grip.
  • Bottom lacks true firm rails, which I like on the Grip.
  • Wasted space on the front of the bag for possible mini storage or something in the flap.
  • No velcro to hold the flap in when playing.
  • No internal clip for keys or something. Small issue, really.
  • Drink holder not truly insulated - can wet side pouch a bit more easily and leak through.

Attachments

• +grip.jpg
    +grip.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 312
  • +prodiscus.jpg
    +prodiscus.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 322
Jeeze bring this bag out for one round and I already break a zipper (lft side pocket) :( I do dig the design though. Now if some one would combine the quality of the Mahal and this design. I think it would be the perfect bag! Then again it would cost about $500! lol!

Ya, I was worried about this happening. Since they were "sticky" to begin with. Going to see if MS covers this, but I doubt it?
It would be less of a hassle to just go to a local taylor anyway. I would think it's only a few buck to fix or replace?

mine is sticky too. if i pull out away from the bag then up it works fine. kai offered to pay for it to be fixed locally or send a few discs to help ease the pain of a faulty zipper

mine is sticky too. if i pull out away from the bag then up it works fine. kai offered to pay for it to be fixed locally or send a few discs to help ease the pain of a faulty zipper
That's good to know, because it would be a shipping nightmare to send it back. Did you get a hold of him via facebook or their main site?

My zippers seem okay. Some are a bit stiff or catch very subtly in a few places, but seem to be okay.

What has anyone done to make the putter pocket more useful (i.e. by actually making your putters stick up)? Just shoving a towel down there seems like kind of a hack, but I don't want to permanently shorten the pocket, either.

Like any zipper, running some bar soap (dry) along the zipper should help them open and close more easily.

That's good to know, because it would be a shipping nightmare to send it back. Did you get a hold of him via facebook or their main site?

i sent marshall street an email and they forwarded it to them. i made a video and took a picture of the zipper. kai said hes gonna talk to the factory and then we'll decide what to do

What has anyone done to make the putter pocket more useful (i.e. by actually making your putters stick up)? Just shoving a towel down there seems like kind of a hack, but I don't want to permanently shorten the pocket, either.

I use the rainfly pouch for my main putters then I use the putter pocket for upshot disc

Latest posts