• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

I've had a chance to play a few rounds with my Prodiscus bag. While it has some cool features, it is big, bulky, and most notably, heavy. The first round I played with it, I was noticeably more tired than usual. I chalked it up to playing a new course that was longer and having just come off of a head cold. However, every round I've played with it since then I've had the same issue. I switched back over to my Grip to confirm if this was the case and, sure enough, I felt perfectly fine after the rounds played with the Grip.

Not sure what to do with it. On one hand, I don't want to have my strength sapped in tournament rounds. On the other, it may not be a bad way to train up my endurance.

Are these bags still holding up? Any other issues other then a few zippers that are tough or need to break in?

if you order from marshall street it takes about 5 days. i think other places order from finland. someone on here got theres from finland in 11 days

Yea but it's a preorder bc they are back ordered...I'm guessing it will take a lot longer than 11 days...oh well...bought one anyways lol

well that first smaller proto came out nicely. now I'm thinking last changes for that and hope to get the final version during this month.

last post from them concerning the smaller bag. I am waiting on that too. I never carry more than 20 discs so I dont need that monster one.

I got some specific questions answered on facebook today. Thought i would share.

On Capacity:
Prodiscus said:
I would say 20+putter pocket on top maybe 3-4 more. Thats like 10 less than to bigger one
main pockets in big bag 31cm (12,2inch) and in smaller 28cm (11,0inch). So thats 2 discs less space. but in smaller bag I'm taking the side discpockets away and that takes 8 discs more out from the total space. upper putter pocket is for 3 putters.
FYI
Drivers tend to be 1/2 inch
Midrange/Putters tend to be 3/4 inch
11" would mean 22 drivers or 14.67 midranges
A Revo bag is 12" on the inside of the roll cage.

Great info!
I was waiting to hear from Prodiscus on this before ordering from Voodoo.
These dimensions seem similar to a Grip. I was hoping for a tad more

Great info!
I was waiting to hear from Prodiscus on this before ordering from Voodoo.
These dimensions seem similar to a Grip. I was hoping for a tad more

i dont understand why AMs feel the need to carry so many discs. What do you need that many for? I can understand the top Pros wanting that much choice but even some of the best in the world carry less than 20. Sorry its just baffling to me.

i dont understand why AMs feel the need to carry so many discs. What do you need that many for? I can understand the top Pros wanting that much choice but even some of the best in the world carry less than 20. Sorry its just baffling to me.

I carry 13 molds. Only discs that overlap are my Wizards and Ions. Ions are driving only...comfort thing. I carry multiples of the more important ones in case I lose them and usually have a few molds in the bag that I'm trying out. I don't even carry warp speed drivers yet but the discs add up.

You must not play with much water, and a high risk of losing a disc. I carry 2 of every disc i throw, since the courses I play in there is a high chance of losing a disc with even a slightly errant throw. Nothing worse than getting up to a shot and going "Damnit, i wish i had my putter, but i lost it on hole 2" been there, done that, and won't happen again.

also, with regards to larger bags. I'm a larger guy. My size XL or XXL sweatshirt or jacket or even my gloves takes up a lot more room when the air warms up halfway through a round than a smaller persons stuff. I need a spot to store that. Maybe a medium fits in a smaller bag, but my XXL doesn't. Let alone having extra towels, socks, food, drinks, etc.

Depends on the course I play. My FULL bag consists of:

4x Destroyers (very overstable wind fighter, overstable, straight, and flippy)
2x Valkyries (stable one for sky rollers and a flippy one for tight rollers)
1x Firebird
3x Eagles (fresh stable, straight, and flippy)
3x Rocs (fresh stable, straight, flippy)
2x Comets (take over from flippy rocs and get even flippier)
1x Zone (short range overstable)
3x Wizards (stable, straight, flippy)
2x Wizards (putting duties)

That's exactly 21, and that stuffs my Grip to capacity (I have to stuff discs where they don't belong). This also leaves no room for backup discs or any other utility discs a specific course might require for certain shots.

Most of the time however I pull the Valkyries and Comets out of my bag because I can handle most Illinois courses with just the Destroyers, Eagles, Rocs, and Wizards. I even pull some of the Destroyers out because I really only need one or two around here. I play Channy with just 9 discs in my bag. But once I start traveling I put all my discs back in. I can sometimes tell I'm about to play a good course when my bag is stuffed to the limit with discs :) That means a course requires a variety of different shots.

Feldberg. Steve Rico.

/thread

You must not play with much water, and a high risk of losing a disc. I carry 2 of every disc i throw, since the courses I play in there is a high chance of losing a disc with even a slightly errant throw. Nothing worse than getting up to a shot and going "Damnit, i wish i had my putter, but i lost it on hole 2" been there, done that, and won't happen again.
I totally understand this situation. And agree a larger bag is more convenient for it. Unfortunately, most DGers don't have this luxury of truly quality course design. and as notroman pointed out here in IL we don't need many discs at all.....sigh. But even when I lived in MN with lots of hazards I only had 1 or 2 more than what I do now.
I can't tell you how often I see someone trying to choose between their 5 destroyers on which one is the right shot. if you dont know immediately you dont know your discs.
also, with regards to larger bags. I'm a larger guy. My size XL or XXL sweatshirt or jacket or even my gloves takes up a lot more room when the air warms up halfway through a round than a smaller persons stuff. I need a spot to store that. Maybe a medium fits in a smaller bag, but my XXL doesn't. Let alone having extra towels, socks, food, drinks, etc.
I'm same size. I use an old school Gateway backpack in the winter. My XXL hoodie fits in there no problem. and that has like no storage space.

Anyway I am glad about the bag size Prodiscus is coming out with and will be purchasing one as I have no desire to own a Grip bag.

Latest posts