• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Prodiscus Sparta

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
Approved 10-21-14

Specs

Rim Width- 1.0

Rim Depth- 1.6

Height- 2.0

Rim Conf.- 59.75

Specualtion- Since they already have a beefy putter I imagine this will be a Aviar type Neutral flyer in the best premium plastic ever. Their base is kind of bad though. Work on that guys at Prodiscus and you'll have a major winner.

There is a video of them testing what I assume to be this disc. Looks a touch understable.

Most shops are running out of Prodiscus stuff, I wonder if he is going to start trying to get sales in the US again.

Checked it out, yeah a bit of turn, probably great little hyzerflipper. I wonder if those were Basic or Premium. They didn't look that glossy so I am guessing basic.

Watching his phone fly out of his pocket at :55 in slo mo was entertaining. They need to make a pa3 version in their premium plastic would be awesome.

Anyone throw these yet? I just ordered 2 Ultrium ones from MSt. Thinking of switching my putting putter and I like all other prodiscus discs (minus the midari), so I figured I would give the Sparta a shot.

...and now I am thinking I should have gotten Basic if I am going to try putting with them.

Anyone throw these yet? I just ordered 2 Ultrium ones from MSt. Thinking of switching my putting putter and I like all other prodiscus discs (minus the midari), so I figured I would give the Sparta a shot.

...and now I am thinking I should have gotten Basic if I am going to try putting with them.

Let me know how they fly as driving putters. I just love me prodiscus plastic. Heck I'll trade you for one or two if you don't gel with them. I got a Premi Laseri I might be willing to let go.

Yet another great disc from Prodiscus. Played an all-Prodiscus bag yesterday, so I was using the Sparta for both putting and any drive/approach where I would typically throw a Tank or some other neutral putter.

Thoughts after 1 round:

The Sparta holds lines very well; it seems to have basically 0 low speed fade. I was driving them max power in the field before the round and they just kept on a line all the way to the ground, which also means very minimal skips. Looked basically like Kai's video from early in this thread (except not as far).

Not super understable. Like I said, I was driving them max power, releasing on a nice hyzer angle and they flipped up to straight and then just stayed there, only turned them over going into the wind, or when I lost decent form.

I am sure it is 99% mental, but my putting felt on for the first time in weeks. Change for the sake of change was good for me yesterday, but the Ultrium plastic is pretty sweet for putting also. Nice and grippy, even if wet (it was raining here yesterday), clean release. Performed pretty well through the wind too.

The blue color that MSt has is awesome. Never seen discs in this color (all Ultrium colors are awesome). Only thing I can compare it to is a Bic lighter; they make them in the exact same shade of blue.

Nice review, just what I expected to hear actually. Prodiscus is probably the best Company out there that gets little to no love. Just look at this thread. Considering how great the plastic is!!! Too bad we don't have any local dealers here, I have to order online. I think that is their biggest issue, lack of retailers.

Nice review, just what I expected to hear actually. Prodiscus is probably the best Company out there that gets little to no love. Just look at this thread. Considering how great the plastic is!!! Too bad we don't have any local dealers here, I have to order online. I think that is their biggest issue, lack of retailers.

So true. Apparently you can order direct from them if you want to pay overseas shipping and wait like 3 weeks for it. Even most of the online retailers only have certain discs in certain plastics, and restock infrequently. MSt usually seems to have the widest selection for Prodiscus from what I've seen.

I keep trying to tell Glide here in Madison to pick up Prodiscus, but no luck. I have bought like half of the discs they sent Glide as samples already. :)

Came close a couple times to buying basic and ultrium Spartas, but I already have too many putters and the ones I'm bagging work fine. By the looks of it, it seems along the same lines as APX, Reef, Hunter.

Came close a couple times to buying basic and ultrium Spartas, but I already have too many putters and the ones I'm bagging work fine. By the looks of it, it seems along the same lines as APX, Reef, Hunter.

I got way too many too, but I like the look of the flight and seems no one is giving this disc any love. Premium/Ultrium Prodiscus is the best plastic around too, so I want one. :)

Last edited:
I threw a Sparta for a while. Very very straight, reliable disc. It was my first approach disc.

Totally under-rated disc.

I still have it if you want it, good shape. Just has my name and work nickname on the back of it... just pay the shipping and its yours. :) It's Basic-line though.

Thanks to Ken for the Sparta. Awesome disc. Straight, straight, straight. Will hold a hyzer or anny well. Feels perfect in hand. It's staying in the bag!

Update- Basic Sparta is beating in some. It now does Hyzerflips to straight and will finish straight. I'm talking about 200-250 foot laser beams and is super easy to produce. From flat it will slowly turnover all the way. I'm really loving it right now!