• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I guess I'm a little confused... there's usually plenty of first runs to go around, why would this be any different? Why is everybody freaking out trying to preorder? The price raise is ridiculous, no excuse for that. There's something about Rocs that makes grown men act like tools... all this over the 3rd incarnation of this disc is kind of embarrassing.

I agree, kinda funny that when a production champ roc finally comes out its a buzz clone. I've tried to like the roc several times but could never get into it. No doubt though these will be some of the hottest protostars since the destroyer and boss.

Part of the hoopla is there will only be 50 per retailer, per week, so, while in reality there will be plenty made. Some people will have to wait longer ifthey dont want to pre order to get them.

Order somewhere that has a coupon code or is runnig a special and theyll be cheaper

Last edited:
yeah and innova quality control seems to get worse as time rolls on....

20 bucks is already a lot since the asia opens were 20...figured these might be less! i think 25 i just too much.....kicks self for not ordering but i can see innova making tons of these because the demand from retailers is going to be very high.

i wish this disc was $30 so only true ballers like myself would throw them.

separate the boyz 2 men yanno

I bought one to throw and one to hold onto for awhile until people really want them I also have a jap open for the same reason. People go nuts for rocs I personally like buzzz's better but I feel like this one might have some potential.

Each re-seller was limited to 50 proto-stars.
Once the production-stamped models come out, they will be available to anyone.
GGGT may be trying to get Innova to come off the 50 limit.

I bought 2 to hopefully throw. (well 1 to throw and 1 for backup) I don't collect discs, I throw discs.

How do folks think this will fit into a (or their) stable of Rocs? Seems like it will be like a slightly seasoned DX b/c of reduced fade, but will fight wind a little better b/c of champ plastic and flat top.

Na. For me it fly like slightly beat champ roc. In no way will it take dx out of my bag.

I think itll fly pretty closely to a beefy buzz. Itll be pretty stable to overstable unless thrown flat and hard. You may see some turn on that kind of throw but otherwise it will be pretty hss and very lss with terrible glide I imagine

I can't wait to throw it, i was hoping it'd be more overstable, but sounds like it is more stable than over stable. That's alright though. Sometimes having a consistent straight flyer is nice.

I am confused, is it going to be 50 protostars to each retailer? or 50 protostars per week for a couple weeks? I would like to get a protostar but would like the weight and color I want

I am confused, is it going to be 50 protostars to each retailer? or 50 protostars per week for a couple weeks? I would like to get a protostar but would like the weight and color I want

i wonder about this too..

retailers?

So while everyone is hoarding as many of these as possible, do you guys think these won't go up in value as much as you hoped?

I wasn't around during the CE era, but I think what made CE so valuable is the smaller number of people that hoarded it(and the awesome plastic blend). Maybe people instantly knew CE discs would skyrocket in value, but it probably wasn't like it is now with all the Innova fanboys hoarding new production runs in hopes of unloading later for nice profits. Again, I wasn't playing DG when CE was in production so IDK if people were as hyped about those as people are today about new stuff. But you know the sentiment about "collectible" stuff, it usually doesn't raise in value like something that becomes collectible organically

That being said... Im going to buy at least 10 of these and will be throwing the majority of them.

Last edited:
So while everyone is hoarding as many of these as possible, do you guys think these won't go up in value as much as you hoped?

I wasn't around during the CE era, but I think what made CE so valuable is the smaller number of people that hoarded it(and the awesome plastic blend). Maybe people instantly knew CE discs would skyrocket in value, but it probably wasn't like it is now with all the Innova fanboys hoarding new production runs in hopes of unloading later for nice profits. Again, I wasn't playing DG when CE was in production so IDK if people were as hyped about those as people are today about new stuff. But you know the sentiment about "collectible" stuff, it usually doesn't raise in value like something that becomes collectible organically

That being said... Im going to buy at least 10 of these and will be throwing the majority of them.

Im not saying these wont go up in value, but anyone thinking that in 10 years these will be comparable to CE Teebirds, or the like, is probably a little delusional. Although, rare off colors may fetch a good amount for proto Roc rainbow creators, like MrChurch with his whippets

I could be wrong...

Latest posts