• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Pure putting putters

once you make your choice of putter, you should get at least 2 discs same weight same plastic.

If the budget allows, I think at least 5 is a better number of identical practice putters.

I'm a LHBH push putter. For me putter choice is driven by primarily by feel:

Beaded putters catch my smallish fingers; resulting in an wobbly or over-hyzered release. Soft putters flex on my arm upswing; same results as above. Sticky putters mess with my finger spring, causing the putters to release late and miss left.

So I went with the Zero HARD Pure: Shallow, non-beaded profile, stiff and flat with just the right finger tackiness. Bought 5 identical weight and color. Practice a minimum of 50 putts from 20' every day. :thmbup:

I picked up a dx aviar and was digging it for the first five holes until it hit a tree and went in the water on the sixth hole. Ahhhhhhhh. Putted fairly well with the pure the rest of the round but the pure seems to soft to me.

Another one that I use for more open putts is a Gateway Voodoo. I use the Super Stupid Soft. Has a good feel in the hands and hits the chains good.

I still use my Rhyno for all my turbo putts and crazy putts that my Voodoo cannot do. :hfive:

Definitely read the DGR link. Really tells you all you need to know.

After reading it, I pick the most firm eraser wizards I can find. They're not super grippy (they don't "grab" chain, but there's a lot of friction when it slides on the chains). I don't putt with low profile putters (like the Judge) but it's all in my head. I fear cut throughs with low profile putters.

I guess my advice is to go with the hardest, slickest putter that feels good for you, and then go softer and grippier to fit your style. Putt with wizards, and you'll never have to change putters to find the right firmness and grippiness.

threw some black westside swans instead of my ions for a couple rounds, drained pretty much everything.. i dunno what to do now, my ions are jelly brah.

I like the Legacy Clutch. It is a nice straight putter with good glide. They also can hold up to the wind fairly well on longer putts. Protege plastic is where it's at.

I'm a LHBH push putter. For me putter choice is driven by primarily by feel:

Beaded putters catch my smallish fingers; resulting in an wobbly or over-hyzered release. Soft putters flex on my arm upswing; same results as above. Sticky putters mess with my finger spring, causing the putters to release late and miss left.

So I went with the Zero HARD Pure: Shallow, non-beaded profile, stiff and flat with just the right finger tackiness. Bought 5 identical weight and color. Practice a minimum of 50 putts from 20' every day. :thmbup:

Where is tbird?

Once you find one you like, buy a stack and use them for putting only.

It was noticeable to me long before I started arguing about it. Apparently, a very small bead isn't a bead despite still being a bead. I'm done arguing this point.

My Voodoo's are like that. They have a small bead like a Pure,but it's hardly noticeable and you really can't even feel the thing.

I'm like you man. It's not a bead. A bead is what is on a Wasp,Comet,Wizard and stuff that has a Bead you can clearly see and feel.

Sorry, just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Having a stack of Wizards in all different plastics I'm going to say Wizards. I am however very fond of Prodigy's PA4 and PA2, I only use them off the tee now(because they bomb) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about switching to Prodigy's PA line up.

I definitely agree with the point that after finding the right feeling mold for your hand, the exact grippiness or texture or whatever is almost as important. I've sworn by JK Aviars for years, but in the Summer I find myself grabbing Wizards more and more since my JKs get too gummy then in this crazy Carolina weather. Really similar in the mold, but the texture can definitely make or break a putter.