• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Push Putters, Spin Putters - What do you prefer?

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
Looked for a thread on this and found none.

What do you think is the best discs for putter for Push Putters. What about Spin Putters? How about Flick Putting?

I use the Zone for flick putting and I think its the best choice.

I just swithced from 12x aviars, which were working very well for my push putt. I spin putt when I have to straddle, and for that I always use my yeti pro and it works like magic. I just bought 2 new pures in eze plastic which I used to love for flick putting, and am now gonna give em a whirly go for push putting. they feel so weird in my hand after using an aviar for so long though.

I Like stiff challengers for either. I use lighter weights for putting on calm weather days and heavier weights for windy days.

I use medium wizards to push putt, I never spin unless I'm more than 2m outside the circle and I'm trying to make a run at the basket.

I just swithced from 12x aviars, which were working very well for my push putt. I spin putt when I have to straddle, and for that I always use my yeti pro and it works like magic. I just bought 2 new pures in eze plastic which I used to love for flick putting, and am now gonna give em a whirly go for push putting. they feel so weird in my hand after using an aviar for so long though.

I have heard good things about the yeti pro. Is it still the same mold as 12x Aviar's?

I have heard good things about the yeti pro. Is it still the same mold as 12x Aviar's?

Pretty much, just with a sunken-in (concave) flight plate. They're a little less overstable than KC pros but they still handle wind well. The plastic is really nice, if I didn't use wizards I'd probably switch back to yeti's.

Oh by they way, I push putt inside the circle and I've had the most success with KC pro aviars, yeti pro's, and wizards. Challengers never quite worked for me.

Spin putting will get you out longer and will fight the wind better. While push putting can get a lot more detailed and consistent, I topped out at about 20'. Spin putting, with my lighter Wizard, can have me putting from +50', so I do the latter now. Sometimes, inside the 20' range, I revert back to push putting, but I generally am spinning it now.

I like wizards and ions

I push putt with the Ion because ive used it for the past 7 months and am used to it. But I know its truly great for spin putts and not the best for push putting so i was considering switching to try something else for awhile push putting. Cant decide what though.

I am most fond of the Rhyno for all putts ... They're great in wind ... Spin putt is the style I use exclusively though so I would not be able to tell you if they're good for pushing.

I use a soft Banger for spin putting and a soft magnet for push. I used to love the sonic for longer push putts but I kept breaking them...

I push putted for years with an Omega SS. Just recently I discovered spin putting with Rhynos and I'll never go back.

Soft or Soft Opaque Ion for spin putting
Medium Ion for push putting

I do a hybrid of spin/push. I don't fling the disc at the basket, I push from around my chest and make sure to add some spin at the end to cut through the wind.

A push putt is where you just push it toward the basket with no spin? Sounds like a knuckle ball

A push putt is where you just push it toward the basket with no spin? Sounds like a knuckle ball

This is a good breakdown of push-putting. There is always spin in any kind of putting--it just depends where the spin is coming from.

At the OP, it seems to be a consensus (not necessarily the rule, mind you) that stiffer discs work better for push putting, and softer for spin. This has been my personal experience, too.

When it comes to mold, I'm getting the feeling that it's all about personal touch and feel. I do know that I can't pitch-putt with Ions at all, and I attribute that to my inability to impart enough spin to get the "Gyro" tech working. They just drop like bricks to me.

My personal favorite is the Yeti Pros.

This is a good breakdown of push-putting. There is always spin in any kind of putting--it just depends where the spin is coming from.

At the OP, it seems to be a consensus (not necessarily the rule, mind you) that stiffer discs work better for push putting, and softer for spin. This has been my personal experience, too.

When it comes to mold, I'm getting the feeling that it's all about personal touch and feel. I do know that I can't pitch-putt with Ions at all, and I attribute that to my inability to impart enough spin to get the "Gyro" tech working. They just drop like bricks to me.

My personal favorite is the Yeti Pros.

I actually like softer for pushing but not so soft that they are floppy. Soft as in Soft Ions. They are soft enough to mold well int he hand but firm enough not to flop around.