• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting rule question

DiscLizard

Birdie Member
I know a guy who takes a couple of steps up to his disc before release on his putts, I'm curious if it is legal within the 30ft circle? He's the only one I've seen do it, and he does it with a high rate of accuracy. He rarely steps over his disc while following through, so it's not Really a question of being a falling putt, but I wondered if there was a stand and deliver rule for putting inside the circle?

perfectly legal... except on the occasions he steps over; provided, of course, he demonstrates balance before going past his lie.

Someone needs to read their rulebook! ;)

IJ is correct there's really not much restriction on what you do before you throw.

Also time to change the link in your sig.

Someone needs to read their rulebook! ;)

IJ is correct there's really not much restriction on what you do before you throw.

Also time to change the link in your sig.

Only Rulebook I own is seriously outdated (2005 or earlier) The pdga is slacking in sending me my new membership kit.

I know a guy who takes a couple of steps up to his disc before release on his putts, I'm curious if it is legal within the 30ft circle? He's the only one I've seen do it, and he does it with a high rate of accuracy. He rarely steps over his disc while following through, so it's not Really a question of being a falling putt, but I wondered if there was a stand and deliver rule for putting inside the circle?

video??? show me what he does ...

i was watching an old disc golf monthly today.. 54 or 55.. but the guy would step up for his putt.. mark his disc.. put one foot behind the marker then his other foot actually infront of the mini on the ground and then just left his front foot off the ground a lil bit before he released.. just looked very very very weird but i guess its legal

i was watching an old disc golf monthly today.. 54 or 55.. but the guy would step up for his putt.. mark his disc.. put one foot behind the marker then his other foot actually infront of the mini on the ground and then just left his front foot off the ground a lil bit before he released.. just looked very very very weird but i guess its legal

legal it is. don't know how it helps though since you can't get much weight shift on 1 foot as you can with 2, but to each his own!

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

people i play with have been asking this for awhile, we decided to leave it to the dgcr forums and im glad we found this

Latest posts