• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Q Sentinel

When I tried out the Gila I thought right away that it was too beefy to replace the Brinster. The Brinsters and the Champ Rocs are the overlap, although they are a bit different as well. The Gila and the Brinster peacefully coexist in the bag.

I have a torn up arm so it might be the difference between "old guy with busted arm" 2018 version and "guy in his 30's" 00's version, but the Gila is beefier than I remember Sanny Sents being. I can't really crank the darned things anymore, though.

The Gila and the Brinster peacefully coexist in the bag.

So you bag both? What are your uses for each? I've been considering keeping the Gila in the bag because I can throw some great forehands with it, but thought I would try out the Brinster on some forehands for a week or two to compare..

So you bag both? What are your uses for each? I've been considering keeping the Gila in the bag because I can throw some great forehands with it, but thought I would try out the Brinster on some forehands for a week or two to compare..
They are both in my mess of a bag right now, but I'm trying to figure out a lot of changes due to some injuries.

The Gila is taking some throws from the Banshee/EXP1 slot because I'm getting a lot of fade and it's still pretty fast and skips in the Amber plastic. I haven't messed with the Fossil Gila I have, it might be more in the Brinster range.

The Brinsters take a lot of Roc shots. If I wanted to minimize molds, it loses because a can add a Champ Roc to my Rocs and not be out much, but I can't replace all my Rocs with Sentinels.

Will I end up with a bag that has the Gila, Brinster, Roc and EXP1 all in there? Probably not. There is a lot of overlap there. I can see how it could work for me, though. There is a baseline OS mid shot where the Gila and Brinster fall over each other, but usually it comes down to a "do I want it longer or harder left?" question. More fade? Gila. More distance? Brinster. It's not tripping me up too much right now.

What current run of sentinel is the flattest?

Brinster Q

Brinster glow

Metal flake Q

I have a few of the first run of Brinsters (Regular Q) and they have a small dome.

Not flat, but certainly not domey.

I used to throw Sanny Q's and those Brinsters didn't feel that much different.

I have a few of the first run of Brinsters (Regular Q) and they have a small dome.

Not flat, but certainly not domey.

I used to throw Sanny Q's and those Brinsters didn't feel that much different.

I agree. My Brinster and my Sanny Q are pretty close in dome. Brinster is slightly domier, and gummier.

Mail call! Finally got my hands on some Sanny Q Sentinels! Damn I've been itching to get these. They fly like a dream. Comparing them to my Brinster Sentinels, I would say they fly similarily, but also a little different.. they seem to be a little more glidey, and have less of a tanky fade. They have more of a penetrating forward fade and they seem to fly best on low line drives. Wind picked up bigtime towards the end of the round, it was nice to see how much headwind they could handle. I definitely had to throw with some hyzer into the headwinds, but they still flew great.

1JZjHVb.jpg

Can anyone tell me around what years these were ran? Plastic feels like really early champ. Around the 11X Innova era maybe?

Sanny Q's were '04ish. Maybe '03. Maybe '05. I forget exactly when, but around then. The first www run was like '08/'09ish. I think the Sanny Q, the www Q, the sparkle Q and the Brinster run are the only four runs of Q Sentinels they have done, unless there has been a more recent run after the Brinsters. I started buying Brinsters and have not bought a regular stock Q Sentinel in ages.

Last edited:
I started buy Brinsters and have not bought a regular stock Q Sentinel in ages.

I started with Brinsters as well. I've never had a regular Q, but I have heard they are super domey. All recent runs have been.. I would love to see a run of luster sentinels personally.. I think they might actually mold up pretty flat.

Sentinel is a fairly unique disc. Fairly fast and very overstable for a mid. For me it almost seemed like a slow driver. Maybe 1 speed slower than a Viper. The Sentinel I threw was useful on the course, but I found that it didn't glide great and was hard to get real distance out of. All the disc wanted to do was fade out harshly pretty quickly. Good disc for shortish, hooking midrange shots.

Its a good headwind mid and can be thrown very accurately once you learn it. I bagged the Sentinel briefly, but I never dug it enough to keep it around long term. Its and adequate disc and I could bag it again, but there are other mids I like better for overstable use.

For an overstable mid I bag the Lat64 Pain. It has a little mellower (less overstable) flight than the Sentinel and better glide.

I started with Brinsters as well. I've never had a regular Q, but I have heard they are super domey. All recent runs have been.. I would love to see a run of luster sentinels personally.. I think they might actually mold up pretty flat.
I have discs from the first run of the www's Q's and sparkle Q's. "Super domey" is subjective. They have a lot more dome than Sanny Q's, so that's I guess where that comes from. They are not pop-top domey, though.

The sparkles came out just a little before the Brinsters, so I didn't throw them very long. I threw a www Q for a long time. What really struck me about them was that they were slow. They were a lot more like Roc speed than Sentinel speed. You know that low-line hyzer that the Sentinel blasts like nobody's business? Yeah, it can fly that line...like a Roc. I actually carried them as my premium plastic Roc because USDGC Rocs were crazy prices back then. I always kept a Sanny Sentinel in the bag for Sentinel shots. So the www Q's are not useless, but IMO their best use isn't for Sentinel shots.

I'd buy three or four Luster Sentinels if they ever appeared.

Sanny Q's were '04ish. Maybe '03. Maybe '05. I forget exactly when, but around then. The first www run was like '08/'09ish. I think the Sanny Q, the www Q, the sparkle Q and the Brinster run are the only four runs of Q Sentinels they have done, unless there has been a more recent run after the Brinsters. I started buying Brinsters and have not bought a regular stock Q Sentinel in ages.

I'm almost certain it was '04 for Sanny's.