• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Q Sentinel

Looking to try a sentinel. How do they compare to fresh kc rocs? Anybody run a cycle of them?

i havent thrown the new sents but the old sanny q's were like a beefy kc roc that never seasons .. from my experience anyway .. i guess you could cycle them but its going to take some time to get one beat .. if you already cycle kc rocs i would think about adding one to your rotation just for extra beef etc. but trying to beat one to the stable-understable side of the cycle could take forever .. now im talking the q's dont have any experience with lower end plastic sents

Yeah, I'm only seeing them in Sirius or quantum, no base line. Really looking to possibly replace a gator with this mold. Kinda hoping that q sentinel would be a touch less OS than a gator and beat in to fresh kc roc stability over time. Sentinel and roc seem like a good team, with very similar feel in hand from what I've read.

There are OLD baseline (pro plastic) runs. They're good. I like them as a straighter Q Sentinel. The old Qs are great, but hard to come by and not worth the effort unless you already can't live without them. Skip the sparkle run, and get yourself the flattest new Q-Sentinel you can find. The Brinster Sentinels are pretty good. They will be slightly longer and more OS than a fresh KC. A touch less OS and faster than a Gator.
Sentinels are a staple of the way I play my game, and have almost done away with my need for straight-OS fairway drivers.

Well I lucked out after work today and worked out a multi disc trade that included a q sentinel with a friend of mine. It is an older one with the San Marino tooling mark. It is pretty much what I was hoping for, like a glider, beat in gator. It really fits well with my game, fades harder than a fresh kc roc but with a similar feel. It really is a great disc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 44
Does your friend have any more? I am always looking for more.

Also, SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh about how good these are. They are hard enough to find already.

Call the factory. Phone number is on the website. Some of them molded up flatter. I have a Glow that isn't that domey (it's no Sanny mold though) and it is solidly OS. Ask for the flattest ones and that's what you'll get.

Looking to try a sentinel. How do they compare to fresh kc rocs? Anybody run a cycle of them?
FWIW, when Ching Rocs were a big deal somebody on the PDGA message board asked Dave Dunipace about making them a regular production deal so they were easier to find and Dave D basically told him they already had a disc in regular production that flew like a Ching Roc and it was called a Sentinel.

I tried to cycle the M Sentinels but beat Roc beats beat Sentinel every day in every way so...there you go.

can someone clarify run differences for me?

on the Q side...

i know we have the san marino q sentinels, apparently the best EVER.

then we have www tooled sentinels which were more neutral.

then we have the metal flake, which are apparently in between - some dome, but nicely overstable and faster, but not as fast as sanny sents.

what about the sirius sentinels? i see two runs, 1.1 and 1.2. how do these compare to each other and to the q sentinels?

can someone clarify run differences for me?

on the Q side...

i know we have the san marino q sentinels, apparently the best EVER. (shhhh)

then we have www tooled sentinels which were more neutral. (and slower)

then we have the metal flake, which are apparently in between - some dome, but nicely overstable and faster, but not as fast as sanny sents. (and really slick and stiff at first)

what about the sirius sentinels? i see two runs, 1.1 and 1.2. how do these compare to each other and to the q sentinels?

Then you have the Brinster Sentinels that, while WWW. tooled, are lower profiled (therefore a touch faster) and more beefy than the other WWW. tooled runs. They are my second favorites.

Couldn't comment on the Sirius runs -- never thrown a Sirius Sentinel.

Can't wait to test my newly acquired Sentinels. I bought two Brinsters from discount bin and I liked them very much, so I bought four Q Sentinels; three San Marinos and one www with the old stamp. All of them but one are white so I'm not going to throw them in the snow. One is yellow and it's quite beat up but it has nice flight.

You found three Sanny Sentinels in Finland, Enrico? Sh!t. I should take a vacation there just to scour used bins.

Yeah I did, from an auction. 30 euros for three. I've seen four of them total in the biggest Finnish disc auction site, one 7,5/10 was sold for 18 euros I believe. They are quite cheap here, or at least they were. They aren't that big here, no one is really using them. I know a guy who apparently has a lot of them, and I believe he is willing to sell. My friend also has one in pretty good condition, I believe it was 8-9/10. Haven't seen them anywhere else yet.

What current run of sentinel is the flattest?

Brinster Q

Brinster glow

Metal flake Q

The metal flake has the most dome of the three and supposedly the highest low speed fade of current runs. The glow I have is fairly close to the two red Brinsters I own with a slight dome. The colored Brinsters can vary from domey to a slight dome. I did notice that after a year or two of throwing an orange domey Brinster it did flatten out slightly after wearing in.

So I have been revisiting my old Brinster Sentinel that I took out of the bag for the Gila.. Now that I have a much smoother throw than last season, I am finding the Sentinel to be different from the Gila. It's exactly what I want it to be. A slightly faster, beefy Roc. Has the same glide characteristics as a Roc as well, unlike the Gila, in my opinion. Flies huuggee S-lines that get out to where my Teebirds go.. Compliments my Rocs super well.
I've got a Sanny Sent coming my way, and hopefully working out a deal for a couple unthrown ones. I am giddy like a little school girl about it!!

Thread revival for a great disc that just jumped back into my bag!