• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Q Sentinel

The newer ones have the WWW.Innova.com tooling and are more domey and not as reliable a disc. The old ones are very reliable. I have one that's beat to crap and has some giant knicks in the rim and is still one of my go to mids. It flies real straight and always fades right at the end. Even into a headwind.

I just bungled into a few sanny xouts...instant success...
Also tried the Sirius versions: not nearly as domey as the www Q's and pretty damn stable

well it sounds like i made a nice find then. there was one yellow and a few whitish ones that i grabbed up for a pretty nice price. i left a couple in the 172-174g range on the shelf but i may check back in on that. anyone know how the stability changes with lighter ones? i know with my wasps the lighter ones can be a bit less stable.

Those of you who throw Millennium's Sentinel...

I've had several of these in all plastics...

A Limited Edition one, which of course got beat to crap in the woods, but that's expected due to the Millennium plastic.

But I've had two in Quantum as well, both of which seem to have deformed quite a bit and have developed some unfixable rim warpage over time.

I have a Sirius coming in the mail soon, but I was just curious if anyone else had this happening to them with their Q/Sirius Sentinels? Maybe some combination of massive dome and small rim-depth (correct expression?) leads to this?

It's a beautiful disc and one of my favorites, but it is dissimilar to any other midrange fade driver I've come across. Definitely the best IMO.

I have two 180 San Marinos that have zero warpage issues. One is an old CE with the stamp worn off and some huge chunks in the rim and it still flies high speed stable with late predictable fade. I love them. They are San Marino's though. I've heard the Rancho's are different.

I have a couple of San Marinos (both Qs) and a 1.1 Sirius. No issues with any of them as far as warpage

I don't have a Sanny Q. But hmm... maybe it is just the few I've come across. The Millennium one I have is San Marino, but neither of the Qs have been.

Sentinel, OOP Q vs Sirius plastic.

I am looking to add Sentinels to my mid range line up. I was looking for Qs and apparently the old mold is dead and all I can find are 168 gram and below Qs. Lots of the local guys around here are telling me the flat heavy Qs are selling on the market place for around $25-$30 in top condition and they are not easy to find. However I can easily find them in sirius plastic. How do the Q and newer Sirius Sentinels compare? Are the Sirius as flat and overstable? If not, how are they flying? I have thrown vectors, wasps and hornets but they never really found there way into my bag. I love the feel of a flat Sentinel in my hand and the lines these things hold and take are amazing.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but the Sentinel uses the Stingray top so it had a de facto mold change when the Stingray top was re-created. The old mold had San Marino tooling and the new mold has www tooling.

So if what you want to know is if the Sirius Sentinel will fly like an old Sanny Q Sentinel, the answer is no. The Sirius Sentinel is from the www mold, and all of the www Sentinels are slower, domier and flippier than the Q Sanny Sentinels. If you are looking for that beefy Sentinel, you are better off paying for an old Q Sanny than messing around with the Sirius Sentinel.

Not all of the Q Sentinels are Sannys, though. There are Q www Sentinels. So if you are going to drop some top $ on a Q Sentinel, make sure it's a Sanny mold.

I think what 3P said is what you need to know but in terms of clarity the ones you want to search for have San Marino tooling

the not so good ones are tooled www.innovadiscs.com (or close to that)

Despite old mold v. new mold, flat v. domey, etc., you may just have to try them to know whether you like them.

I've been throwing the new Q Sents for a few months now and I love them. I've tried other overstable mids and never clicked with them. My Sents though, they fly very straight with high resistance to turn for about 60% of their flight then hook up progressively to a hard fade. I don't use them as a go to disc, but when I want the flight the offer, they're great.

Three putt, thanks! There are some guys around here that got some Sanny Qs for sale that I will have to look into it.

IronJack, how do the new www ones fly compared to a Buzzz or a Roc? Are they a lot more overstable or just moderately? I gave up Wasps because the difference between them and my Glo and Cryztal buzzz was small.

I love the old Gremlins too for a longer more overstable mid, but those new discmania ones are not the same. Why do I keep getting to throw peoples sweet OOP plastic? Its torturous when you fall in love with a disc like that.

Significantly more LSS. You can do a similar line with either, particularly a fresh Roc, by throwing hyzer with a little flip up, but that's the beauty of the disc, you throw it flat, it flies straight through a bit more than half the flight then fades reliably and fairly hard, but not all at once. Similar to a Predator, but shorter. When I want that specific flight, I find it more predictable to throw a Sent than try to manipulate a Roc. I can do it, but why not let the disc do the work? That is, even if a Roc gets me that flight 9 out of 10, when it counts, why wouldn't I use the disc that does it 10 out of 10?

Don't get me wrong, the Roc is my workhorse, so the Sent only comes out once or twice a round usually. I also use it occasionally for tricky flex shots, but I tend to use a Zone or a Pred-like disc for those shots more often than not.

There is also a brand new run of sirius sentinels hitting the marketplace. They have the plus mold rim and are as overstable as the old sannies.

For anyone who's thrown both the www Sirius Sents and Z Hornets, how would you compare the HSS and LSS of them? I've been throwing 175 Hornets for about half a year and I loved them at first. Now that they are getting a little beat it seems like they've lost a bit of LSS. I'm considering Sirius Sentinels because I don't feel like chasing the OOP Q's around. Is it worth a switch or am I going to get the same flight as a Hornet? I assume the Sirius will beat in faster than the Z Hornets.

I have a special edition MF that does not have tooling. This is first run Sirius plastic, correct?

Latest posts