• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] QJLS

agent_peebody

* Ace Member *
What's the history on these things. They have sort of a TeeBird wing, but has the Leopard tooling on the bottom...is it a Frankenstein disc, made of other discs' pieces?

Yes, I believe so. They are very straight, underrated drivers.

VERY under rated. i just got one today, and the first throw i thought was dropping but it just kept on going...for it's rim width, it cruises. ThreePutt, can you chime in on the discs' it's comprised of, if any?

Omega=Small Bead Aviar.
Aurora MS=Shark top with a Stingray Wing
Aurora MF (OOP)=Roc top with a Stingray Wing
Sentinel MF=Stingray top with a Cobra wing. They put in a spacer or something to make the nose more blunt.
Polaris LS=Shares some part with the Cheetah. It was also sold by Wham-O as the Voyager.
Polaris LF (OOP)=There were a couple variations of it, put the fist mold was sold by Wham-O as the Voyager II.
EXP1=Banshee top with a different wing.
JLS=not sure of the top. but is uses the same wing as the Whippet X.

Posted by threeputt in a different thread.

Omega=Small Bead Aviar.
Aurora MS=Shark top with a Stingray Wing
Aurora MF (OOP)=Roc top with a Stingray Wing
Sentinel MF=Stingray top with a Cobra wing. They put in a spacer or something to make the nose more blunt.
Polaris LS=Shares some part with the Cheetah. It was also sold by Wham-O as the Voyager.
Polaris LF (OOP)=There were a couple variations of it, put the fist mold was sold by Wham-O as the Voyager II.
EXP1=Banshee top with a different wing.
JLS=not sure of the top. but is uses the same wing as the Whippet X.

Posted by threeputt in a different thread.

i'm guessing the leopard top because it's still got some high speed turn on it, the whippet x part makes sense.

To me the Q's fly alot like a Champion TL while the regular Millenium plastic ones are more like a Leopard and much less HSS but very straight if thrown at less than full power.

Im confused between it and a Polaris LS all the time, but either one of them are very underrated. Im really struggling to figure out why I didnt replace whicheve mine was I lost last summer. Especially with my love for KC Cheetahs, and these things are in production...

mine is chartreuse too. :) i've been playing for quite a while, and this is the first millennium driver i've thrown. pretty suh-weet.

To me the Q's fly alot like a Champion TL while the regular Millenium plastic ones are more like a Leopard and much less HSS but very straight if thrown at less than full power.

I agree. My QJLS seemed significantly more overstable than my JLS (which was very Leopard-like).

what's the deal with their Q plastic? mine feels just like my KC Pro Teebirds. kind of soft/flexy compared to normal champ plastic

I have found a TON of JLS and QJLS in my days, but i usually just gave them away to people who were just starting or who didnt have many discs of their own so i never really got a chance to throw them. I actually found another the other day and it feels like its in innova's pro plastic, is this base line millenium plastic? also, i know the # in the circle has to do with what run it is or how old it is, how old is the one i have? i know these dont carry any value, im just curious bc ive never really understood what those numbers meant.

DSC07182.jpg

I have found a TON of JLS and QJLS in my days, but i usually just gave them away to people who were just starting or who didnt have many discs of their own so i never really got a chance to throw them. I actually found another the other day and it feels like its in innova's pro plastic, is this base line millenium plastic? also, i know the # in the circle has to do with what run it is or how old it is, how old is the one i have? i know these dont carry any value, im just curious bc ive never really understood what those numbers meant.

DSC07182.jpg

The first number is the mold and the second number is the run.

I have the ugliest QJLS ever. Thanks discaroo. It's dark teal with an ugly, faded square sharpied on the back. Flies good though.

I think their base plastic is basically pro.

I wonder how well they dye.

i have a slew of CE QJs.....there are my go to finesse driver...and power turnoever driver :)