• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quads- are they worth it?

Are quads worth the extra cost and hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 189 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 14.5%

• Total voters
My quads broke :(

What kind/how did they break?

Well, I figured if I started a new thread, I'd get yelled at for not searching.....soooo :popcorn: And yes, I did read through the posts :)

I was wondering, for the DGA/Brown Bag straps, it looks like the sternum strap would end up being right under your chin/neck, since the actual padded part doesn't look that long. Does it just barely sit on your shoulders? Does anyone actually bother with the sternum strap, besides using it as a pull strap? Has anyone had several of the "high end" ones, and if so, which do you like better and why? Thanks!
Trying to decide if I should get a really comfy single strap, or one of these.

What kind/how did they break?

They are the newer model Phenix and the right strap came unwoven right where the shoulder padding part meets the shock stretch thing. Had them for only like 8 months. They offered to replace them but I have to send them back to the factory first. I just opted to fix them with a shoelace and am looking for someone who knows how to stitch it back together for me.

Here's how I see it:

Do you carry a bunch of crap, have back problems, or have too much money? Buy quads.

Do you pack light, have a good back, and less to spend on dg? Don't bother with them.

My regular courses, Turner, Veterans Park, Cedar Hill TX, have hills, long holes, and we usually play multiple rounds. Got Phenix quads and would not play w/o them. On the negative side, the quads tore after 3 mos of winter use, but were replaced promptly by the manufacturer. The replacement has lasted a year now w/o problem.

I took my Ben Hogan ball golf straps and they have worked just fine. You guys got creative with the tool box straps. Great idea.

I bought the Innova quads... they are nice for a while, but during and after the third round at Harry Myers, I didn't like the strap over my right (throwing) shoulder. I'll be 50 in January, so I thought it would help a lot, but it's just not that much of a help for me. It's better for me to carry my bag on my left shoulder.