• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Quickest to turn discs

eman6854

Par Member
Say you want/need to throw a rhbh at a short dogleg right. I'm talking like 80-100' and then a 45 degree turn right for another 100' feet or so. What disc have you found that will start turning the quickest? Not really an anhyzer shot, but a flat released turnover. I can almost do it with a deputy, but it usually doesn't turn enough soon enough.

Sonic (get it right, and you'll wonder how it does what it does), Summit, other understable putter

If you can find them the Antidote did this for me.

The Wolf will, but unpredictably. The Swan(1) can do it well but you need to beat it up a little.

Say you want/need to throw a rhbh at a short dogleg right. I'm talking like 80-100' and then a 45 degree turn right for another 100' feet or so. What disc have you found that will start turning the quickest? Not really an anhyzer shot, but a flat released turnover. I can almost do it with a deputy, but it usually doesn't turn enough soon enough.

My home course has exactly this situation. Total of 220 ft., curves about halfway. In my case, it's downhill, which actually helps with the anny, but also means I can't disc up to a mid (like the Mako3 or Foxbat/Wombat3) because it'll overshoot. My home course also has an uphill dogleg-right.

For me, the Star Stud, the Pure, and the Judge thrown on an anny line do very well for the downhill shots. On the uphill shot, I've found the Cobra and River to do well.

If the Deputy is not turning over quickly enough for you, you might need to just get out there and practice with it until you get the grip, throwing angle, and correct power into the throw. I've had trouble keeping the Deputy from turning on over and crashing and burning on me, i.e. turning TOO fast. I need range time.

Last edited:
Buy any Discraft disc in Pro D plastic and throw it against a tree 5 times... :D

Seriously though, take any neutral to understable putter in baseline plastic and beat it up a bit and you've got a disc that will do this (if thrown correctly).

A Stingray is good but I found the Wedge to start turning even closer to that 80-100' distance.

Warped R-Pro Rhyno. Start it with a bit of anny, and it will do the rest if you have the right disc (RIP White Rhyno)

Beat-in DX Dragon. It'll hit the ground and start rolling at 75'.

Get the most overstable Franklin Albatross that you can find, and hope it holds for the 80 ft before turning over. Most of them will probably flip sooner than that, though.:thmbdown:

Get the most overstable Franklin Albatross that you can find, and hope it holds for the 80 ft before turning over. Most of them will probably flip sooner than that, though.:thmbdown:

My thoughts exactly! Those things are hilarious. More flippy than most politicians!

My thoughts exactly! Those things are hilarious. More flippy than most politicians!

Good suggestion. And there's always the WOLF!

(Somebody had to say it. :p )

Latest posts