• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raising Them Right

bigghigg

Yesterday my 2-year old daughter (almost 3) went up to my wife and said, "Mom, let's go to the playground, but let's go play disc golf first." I guess I'm doing something right...

My daughter loves to disc golf. She just turned 3. She throws a wicked roller and yells "CHICKEN NUGGET ROLLER" as it rolls. She only throws about 30 feet forehand :)

That was good.

My son is three and loves playing up to four or five holes, then he gets bored. But he always ssiy he wants to go play frisbee golf. But he see the playground and we end up playing on that for at least a half hour before.

He has thirteen discs already because he has to get a disc when we go to dtworld. He just claimed my carolina bag to hold them all. His favorite discs are his river and blizzard ape. I try to get him using the putters, but they fon't look as cool.

Yesterday my 2-year old daughter (almost 3) went up to my wife and said, "Mom, let's go to the playground, but let's go play disc golf first." I guess I'm doing something right...

That's awesome!
:clap: :hfive:

My son does not really throw yet. He prefers to use his favorite mini as a teething toy for now...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Max Chewing on his Mini.jpg
    Max Chewing on his Mini.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 329
My five year old has hit a 15' putt, and can chuck his lightweight wizard about 45'. Makes daddy proud. He tagged along for 49 holes last Saturday, including 27 glow holes.

My wife and I adopted a puppy from the humane society about a month ago and I've been training him since he was 13 weeks old. He has never put his teeth on a disc and has learned most of the behaviors I want on the course: do not leave my side for anything (other dg'ers, animals, etc), when we walk up to a disc he immediately lays down and waits till I throw to get up, and he sits when we get to a tee pad but not on it. Raising him right...

My daughter loves to disc golf. She just turned 3. She throws a wicked roller and yells "CHICKEN NUGGET ROLLER" as it rolls. She only throws about 30 feet forehand :)

30 feet is damn good for a 3 year old!

My wife and I adopted a puppy from the humane society about a month ago and I've been training him since he was 13 weeks old. He has never put his teeth on a disc and has learned most of the behaviors I want on the course: do not leave my side for anything (other dg'ers, animals, etc), when we walk up to a disc he immediately lays down and waits till I throw to get up, and he sits when we get to a tee pad but not on it. Raising him right...

That is great! I'm pretty lucky with my dog. She has no desire to chase discs which makes her a pretty good DG dog. She does like to run for squirrels though, which is fun to watch. She hasn't caught one yet.

My 21-month-old definitely knows what a disc is (she has been known to walk up to strangers at the park who were playing a round), and she is a champ when I load her up in the stroller to take her to the course. She also likes to put the discs in the backyard basket. Soon enough she'll be throwing farther than me (which won't take much!).

Used to stroller around my twins for saturday doubles rounds. They would behave really well and were easily kept occupied by twizzlers, cheetos, and bug juice. I really miss the double wide super sweet off-road stroller.:\

Future Climo

Here's a couple of my 2 year old on hole 12 at Leverich in Vancouver, WA. Found this Ace Race 2012 mini on hole 11, no ink on it and no one around, so I gave it to him and told him it was his disc and he got so excited! Ran up to 12 and started slam dunking it over and over! That little dude nearly breaks my chest, swellin' it with pride like he does!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 51
Future Climo

It would only let me attach one photo, so here's another!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 33
My two older boys have been playing with me since they were 10 and 11 (now 15 and 16, and we are evenly matched, which pisses me off:doh:). My 3rd since he was 2, and the baby, well, his whole life.

Attachments

• SSPX0133.jpg
    SSPX0133.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0392.jpg
    IMAG0392.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 36
A couple more (you asked for it...Disc golf dad on the deck)

Attachments

• IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts