• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Rate Disc Golf companies from first to worst.

Ah, shoulda known that'd be offensive. We're talking about different things here.

DGCR = the bleeding edge of new releases and obscure (unknown) gear

Retail = goal is to reach disc buyers and inform them, including putting newer or boutique brands front and center, as most players have no access to variety.

Get Crosslap into DN / DiscGolfWholesale and see what that does for US throwership and promotion :)

I trust ZAM's opinions on these things more than forum trolls. ZAM predicts things, then they happen. He understands the market.

+1 for ZAM

this is silly and everyone will have their own fanboy opinion, but:

1 MVP, all around great discs, amazing plastic (wish they had base) could never go without a Volt, Vector, Ion setup
2 Prodigy, best Distance Drivers i have thrown, also PA4 is incredible US-putter
3 Lat64, they have a couple killer molds you cant go without (tursas from Westside, trespass from DD), the rest are meh.
4 Innova, would be 2nd on my list if they were more consistent, i love the eagle, destroyers.. just cant throw them anymore because i cant get consistent runs, too bad because they make good stuff :(
5 The Rest...

everybody not putting Innova first is just blind and predjudice

everybody not putting Innova first is just blind and predjudice

I don't know if blind and predjudice is fair.

This is the original question " I want to know in what order you like the major disc golf companies out there you buy from and why.

This list doesn't have to include all the companies, just the ones you might have experience with and something to add about them good or bad." (my emphasis added)

I don't have to like innova.

1. Innova, millenium, dm- all the old favorites and what every company is compared to. My entire bag.
2. Discraft
3. Lat64 westside, dd
4. Legacy
5. Prodegy
6. All the other crap
7. Quest

1 - Lat 64/DD/Westside - Although I currently only carry one of their molds (Trespass), I believe they have the best combination of molds (to cover all shots/styles), quality, and service (they respond when you email them).

2 - MVP - Their discs make up 95% of my bag. Only reason they're not #1 is their lack of different molds (specifically a max D). Call it a gimmick all you want, but they work for me. That's all I care about.

3 - Discraft - I know it's been said repeatedly, but they really do have the best mid line-up. Consistency is only second to MVP, IMO. Although, I believe Ti plastic was a mistake.

4 - Innova - Molds for every shot you can think of, but go into a store and pick-up 5 of the same mold in the same weight and the consistency issues become obvious.

5 - Gateway - They suffer from inconsistency issues of their own, but are often over looked due to poor marketing. Their putters are awesome, but their other discs are worth giving a shot too.

6 - Prodigy - IMO, they have the best plastic in the business, unfortunately all they do is mold other companies' discs with it. Total lack of originality.

These are the only companies that I have had personal experience with.

Surprised so many people are down on Vibram in this thread. My only beef with them is that they need more discs. I love the feel and the flight from their discs.

Based on my personal bag:
1. Vibram (the entire lineup minus the Sole and unLace are in my bag now)
2. Lat 64 (Pure, River, Fuse, Pain, Saint, Flow, Trident, plenty of great stuff)
3. Innova (Leopard, Teebird, Eagle, Wraith, Tern, Aviar) <- we all know Innova is a mixed bag. Most of the greatest discs ever and a lot of turds
4. Millennium (I know Innova makes them, but I think it's an underrated lineup... love the Orion LS so much)
5. Discraft (not a huge Discraft thrower, but the Buzzz and Comet are outstanding discs)

I have other brands but I don't throw them regularly. Only ones I thought were truly crap were Quest and Discwing.

1. Lat 64
2. Discraft
3. Innova
4. MVP
5. DGA
6. Millennium
7. Discmania
8. ABC
9. Legacy
10. Gateway
11. Prodigy.

1. Innova
2. Discmania
3. Latitude 64
4. Millennium
5. Westside
6. Discraft
7. MVP
8. Gateway
9. Vibram
10. Prodigy

Innova all day

No one else has the entire lineup covered from beginner friendly DX plastic that turns easy to over molds and champ plastic. I don't like that they sandbag their mid lineup with special runs and create artificial demand to manipulate profit. But whatever, seems like people are lining up and begging them to make them anyway soooo. Must be good discs.
Thrown almost all of their distance molds and the only turd was the groove and that was probably my inability to throw it back then.
That said, I will easily try Vibram, MVP, Legacy Prodigy and disc craft soon. Mostly all the same stuff except for MVP over molds and Vibram.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Well, you know what they say about opinions and *******s.

Everyone said get a Teebird - It was super, super overstable. It's a champ and a year later with a lot of play it's still almost just as overstable.

Everyone said get a Roc - I bought a DX Roc and hated the plastic. Still used it to give it a try and it beat into a perfect straight flyer with a little fade at the end. DX plastic feels fantastic when it's beat in. I loved it. For about a month and then it started to turn over easily. A friend explained DX doesn't last long. I needed to buy another one and rotate them. No thank you.

Everyone said get a Destroyer - Granted I don't have the arm for that high a speed of disc so I tried a friends first. He had a 150 Blizzard Destroyer. I threw it and few times and got some good results. Nice, I thought so I bought one in the same weight and plastic. Most overstable meathook disc I've every thrown. (if you don't count the Prometheus)

There's only so many times a consumer will try a company and get bad to less than ideal results and keep coming back for more.

I did use a Blizzard Boss for a while that was ok but had other discs that worked better for me. And I do carry a 150 Star Mamba for giant turnovers that I like although my F7 has been taking shots from it lately.

Then they came out with the Atlas and the colors and compass points seemed gimmicky to me. Then they came out with the Nova which was even worse.

Hey, I'm a consumer. That's been my experience. That's my opinion.

20 - Salient - Great plastic, one alright disc, horrible customer service, horrible marketing, will never buy from them again.

Bonus - Companies I will never deal with because of the way they have portrayed themselves on the forums.

1. Salient

100% agree. And it has nothing to do with their actual products as I've never touched or seen (in person) anything made by Salient.

Last edited:

Latest posts