• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

My bag and its purposes:

150s-

Orion LS- BH driver and distance FH (calm day only)
Flick- get out of jail meathook
Gazelle- BH driver for line shaping
Warrior- Anny disc

Mids-

Core- Main mid (turning over as of late, need a heavier one)
Element- Temporary main mid (178g), not as much glide as core
Medius- Fade mid
Spike- Approach

Drivers-

Classic Inferno- Distance driver
Striker- Distance driver 2, thumber
Trident- Basically same job as Gazelle (took out pro for it)
Stalker- Straightline driver
Archangel- Understable driver...strangely doesn't turn over as easy as Vision...have thrown this one "out of the park" (300' over baseball field fence then another 100' into road...one time deal)

Putter-

Challenger FLX- Putts, approaches

Anyone want to critique my bag?
GB Chimp
I always like what can be gained from an outside eye.

9/10. Good setup of overstable and understable drivers. Your mids look great, a few buzz and a roc, with the understable comet compliment is a good mix. The putters is all I see, But some people do not like understable putters. From what I remember both the challenger and the aviar go more toward the overstable side of putters, with the challenger being more overstable. So the only thing you are missing imho is an understable putter.

9/10. Good setup of overstable and understable drivers. Your mids look great, a few buzz and a roc, with the understable comet compliment is a good mix. The putters is all I see, But some people do not like understable putters. From what I remember both the challenger and the aviar go more toward the overstable side of putters, with the challenger being more overstable. So the only thing you are missing imho is an understable putter.

Thanks I appreciate it. The mids are my bread and butter, I realistically should use them off the tee more than I do already. Driver wise the understable stuff is what I use for backhand, the overstable for forehand, and the stable stuff for both.

I have an X Putt'r that I used to use a lot so its pretty beat up and soft right now. I haven't really busted out the Putt'r in a while other than occasionally on the home basket but I might bring it to the course and see if I find it useful again. I just got the champion glow Aviar a few days ago but so far it seems noticeably less stable than my Challengers on longer throws(over 100'). Do you have an understable putter you recommend?

A lot of guys have been asking me to post my discs in my bag, so I updated my profile with my bag and discs.

A lot of guys have been asking me to post my discs in my bag, so I updated my profile with my bag and discs.

Not bad, except it seems like there is alot of overlap but thats about it that I can see.

Bump...

I've only been playing about 3 months so I'm not really qualified to rate anybody else's yet...
I'd rate that bag at about a 5. Since you've only bee playing 3 months most of those discs are going to be too fast or too overstable for you. You probably shouldn't be throwing anything more than fairway drivers in the understable-to-stable range for the time being. Once you learn proper form and can consistently control where the fairway drivers land, then you could bump it up to the slower speed distance drivers. I'd say you should replace that Cheetah you lost and another disc you may want to try would be a JLS by Millenium.

Archangel- Understable driver...strangely doesn't turn over as easy as Vision...have thrown this one "out of the park" (300' over baseball field fence then another 100' into road...one time deal)

Not that strange. I haven't found a single disc that turns over easier than the Vision. Although, I'm beginning to think my Vision is an anomaly it's so incredibly understable.

1 star boss- big hyzer bombs and shots for 400+
2 esp force- 1 beat to flippy, 1 new for most other longer hyzer shots
1 z force- my predictable hyzer disc
1 z flick- trick shots and thumber duties
1 150 esp flick- all side arm shots
2 esp surge- main driver, anny and hyzer
1 champ tee bird- you know what it does
1 champ monarch- hyzer flip/rollers
---------------
1 flx drone- hyzer midrange/side arm
1 crystal z buzzz- it's a buzzz
1 d buzzz- beat for anny shots and touch type mid range
---------------
3 d magnets- 1 beat to **** for "touch" shots, 1 for approaches and jump putts and 1 strictly for putting

i know the boss and force are kinda similar, but i can get about 25 more feet out of the boss

I'd rate that bag at about a 5. Since you've only bee playing 3 months most of those discs are going to be too fast or too overstable for you. You probably shouldn't be throwing anything more than fairway drivers in the understable-to-stable range for the time being. Once you learn proper form and can consistently control where the fairway drivers land, then you could bump it up to the slower speed distance drivers. I'd say you should replace that Cheetah you lost and another disc you may want to try would be a JLS by Millenium.

I appreciate the input. Anybody else care to comment? You can also include comments on what you think I should swap out with my "secondary rotation" bag meaning the discs I own but don't carry most of the time.

Im relatively new, just started this season, i think i need some lighter discs, but for a newbie how do i get rated :(

just my opinion midnight, i read your other thread, congrats on 300'. but for only 300', i throw that far, i think you use too many high-speed drivers.

All of my discs are field tested, and I throw different distances. That is why I have that many drivers. Every disc in my bag has a job, and I know what that disc will do and won't do. That is from spending hours and hours at the practice field.

I appreciate the input. Anybody else care to comment? You can also include comments on what you think I should swap out with my "secondary rotation" bag meaning the discs I own but don't carry most of the time.

I have to agree with skurf...it seems like you have too many, too fast drivers. If I was recommending what you should carry, based on what you have, I would say carry a Challenger and Warlock for your putters, the Buzzz and Nebula for your mids, the Valk and XL for your drivers, and either the Whippet or Viper for your 'meathook' or hard turning disc.
Once you get the Valk down, I would move in the tee-bird, and then up to the Surge.
You've got nice discs and I totally understand the urge to keep buying and trying more. But if I was you, I would stick with the 7 I mentioned full time and then bring one or 2 extra discs with me each round just to practice with...

I have to agree with skurf...it seems like you have too many, too fast drivers. If I was recommending what you should carry, based on what you have, I would say carry a Challenger and Warlock for your putters, the Buzzz and Nebula for your mids, the Valk and XL for your drivers, and either the Whippet or Viper for your 'meathook' or hard turning disc.
Once you get the Valk down, I would move in the tee-bird, and then up to the Surge.

I agree with everything but the mids. I'd swap the Nebula for a Wasp.

And why the XL? I've always heard they are very close to the TeeBird. I have an XL from a misprint stack but haven't thrown it yet.

Good pointers. Presently the dx Valk is my hyzer flip disc. If I flip it just right, I get the most distance with it. The champ beast I lost was also in this category, only it would usually fade slightly at the end, whereas the Valk tends to turnover for me at the end, but I would get great distance with both of them (for me, meaning 300' at best on flat ground). I think I could use a slightly heavier Valk, as the 161 may be a bit too light. My pro-d XL is one of my longest drivers as well, only it pretty much goes dead straight for me. The Surge's I can't really throw well backhand, but I seem to get a decent flex shot when I throw them sidearm. They are my best sidearm drivers (alongside the Groove, which I also can't throw backhand).

The Nebula I haven't been able to do much with. I don't get much distance, and it fades quite a bit. Which is why I put it in secondary rotation. The Wasp I thought I had is really one of those 2nd 1st run Buzzz's that say "wasp" on the inside rim. The whippet gets no distance and fades hard. I've found I can go further with the flicks, especially the 150. The heavy flick also serves as my overhand disc. I don't use the flicks for anything other than when I need a very hard fade, or when I take my overhand shots.

I carry the following...

Drivers
Champion Firebird
Champion Teebird
Champion Sidewinder
Champion Roadrunner

Mids
DX Roc
DX Gator

Putters
Pro-D Challenger

I know it's minimalistic, and I'd like to keep it in that vein, but what could I benefit from?