• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

First off, you get extra points for having a Puma...that's awesome:)
I think I would give your bag about a 7/10. Just being a bit presumptuous (did I spell that right?) about your game, it sounds like you've known about the game for a while, but for all intents and purposes just got into it. That being said, I would maybe move away from the Boss and Wraith right now and try to work a Valkyrie into your bag. I've never thrown an Epic, but I've heard mixed things about it, so you may want to be careful on how/how much you use it and rely on it...
I considered knocking you down a bit for the plastic, but you addressed this and as you get more comfortable with certain discs, I would get those in the higher grade plastics...but off the jump I would get a Star Valk in the low to mid 160's.

I just noticed my Star TL was not bagged for whatever reason, but all the same I guess.

not sure if people still are looking at this thread, but i would like my bag to get a look if anyone's interested. i think i've got most types of shots covered, but i i'm wondering about some of my discs overlapping each other. also, not sure about my putter. appreciate it

discs003.jpg

discs005-1.jpg

Monarch
T-Bone(first ace disc)
Sidewinder
Champ TL
Avenger
Stratus
Wraith
Valk
Banshee
Max
Aftershock
Whippet Drone
R-Pro Cro
Flat Top Dx-Rancho Roc
First Run Cro
Star Marino 20 years of Roc
RW-Pro Roc
Pig
Dart
...not shown: First Run Reaper, SL,Stingray and JK Aviar

Tell me what you think.

Wow this is cool. I didn't even know you could record all your discs here. That makes it easy when I'm looking for a new one since I always have my bag in my truck. Now I don't have to go look at what I got. I guess I didn't look much anyway since I just realized I carry a bunch of Leopards:eek:

just thought Id post up and ask some others to rate my bag...Id like to hear some opinions on what others think about the setup.

I will be going through others bags and posting up some remarks here in the near future :D

I'd like a look and rating please :)

8.5/10
Good selection of drivers and mids, but your putters are lacking. Voodoo is a good putter, but if any putter were to be added I would try a wizard or some other overstable putter. To complete it imo would be a wizard(overstable) and a magic(understable)

It help a little to put in the comments of your discs what you use them for and your supposed to rate the last posters bag and then hopefully in turn, someone comes and rates yours.

I have a hard time looking at some of yours as I havent thrown the particular discs. :confused: Not that I wouldnt like, it just takes time.

It help a little to put in the comments of your discs what you use them for and your supposed to rate the last posters bag and then hopefully in turn, someone comes and rates yours.

I have a hard time looking at some of yours as I havent thrown the particular discs. :confused: Not that I wouldnt like, it just takes time.

mines been updated :)

Ching DX Power Legacy finesse disc, anhyzers
Discraft ESP FLX Buzzz super straight, it's a buzzz...
Discraft Elite Z Crush Distance distance distance. Hyzers
Discraft ESP Crush super beat in, hyzer flips
Discraft Elite Z Flash Most forehand drives
Discraft Elite Z Flash more beat in, most forehand drives
Discraft Elite Z Flick thumbers and rollers, get out of trouble
Discraft ESP Storm a longer buzzz
Discraft ESP Surge forehand surge (i put too much torque on flx)
Discraft ESP FLX Surge reliable accurate backhand driver. line drives
Discraft ESP FLX SurgeSS S curves, sky rollers, anhyzers
Discraft ESP Wasp What a buzzz can't do, this will
Gateway Supersoft Magic short anny's
Gateway Supersoft Wizard main putter
Gateway Wizard driving putter
Innova Champion Sidewinder roller
Innova Champion Teebird it's a teebird, duh.

Here is my rig (13 discs in a Gorilla Boy Simian BackPack)

Distance Drivers

170 Star Boss - Hyzer Flipping Machine, beat to flippy and LONG
168 Star Boss - Not Over/Understable -just Right (lil headwind or more hyzer finish)
170 SOLF (1.1) - Accurate D, workhorse
171 SOLF (1.2) - Better into a headwind than my 1.1 otherwise same use, also flex shots

Fairway Drivers

173 CE FX - Old Faithful (for dem windy days)
171 Z Stalker - Longer Buzzz, straight down the fairway - becoming my workhorse
173 Z Stalker - I just like the Stalker
170 SOLS (1.1) - Lower Power straight shots, Loooong Turnovers, Rollers

Mids

175 X Comet - So Glidey and Straight and/or anhyzers
177 ESP Comet - same as above just stays in the sweet spot longer
177 Glo Z Buzzz - Workhorse Mid, does pretty much everything

Putters

171 D Focus - Just swapped from the Wizard (mostly a test run for now)
170 D Focus - same as above

My current bag is...

Discraft Pro D Magnet
Lightning ProStyle #2 UpShot
Discraft CryZtal Z Buzz
Innova Star TL
Innova Champion Valkyrie
Innova Champion Sidewinder
Innova Champion Beast
Innova Star Starfire
Innova Pro Wraith
Innova Champion Groove

My current bag is...

Discraft Pro D Magnet
Lightning ProStyle #2 UpShot
Discraft CryZtal Z Buzz
Innova Star TL
Innova Champion Valkyrie
Innova Champion Sidewinder
Innova Champion Beast
Innova Star Starfire
Innova Pro Wraith
Innova Champion Groove

question for ya....

what do you get out of the beast/valk/sidewinder/tl that you cant get out of just one of those molds, or better yet just different stages of wear of just one of those three molds?

I would think those four molds overlap quiet a bit. I bet you could get similar if not better results out of just taking say the TL and getting a couple in different stages of wear which would produce similar lines to having four different molds. It would help you disc selection choice a lil easier.

just my .02

Discraft:
putters:
e.x challenger 174 putting
crz challenger 174 approach
mids:
flx buzzz 174 straight
crz buzzz 174 super straight
ESP torque 170 long hyzer
flx drone 177 hooks and skips
long range:
e.x storm 177 new addition
e.z stalker 175 still testing
ESP impact 177 water hazard
e.z glide 177 anhyzer short
extra long range:
e.z talon 167 elevated tee hyzer
e.x pred 173 hyzer
e.x pred beat down, open hyzer
e.z tracker 172 long control shots
e.z xs 173
e.z xl 173 straight or turnover
max distance drivers:
e.z avenger 174 overhand or straight
e.z surge ss 166 flex or slight hyzer
e.z avenger ss 169 anhyzer

I appreciate any cc

mines been updated :)

Ching DX Power Legacy finesse disc, anhyzers. Glides for ever
Discraft ESP FLX Buzzz super straight, it's a buzzz...
Discraft Elite Z Crush Distance distance distance. Hyzers. 300+ straight as an arrow before fading after 300+.
Discraft ESP Crush super beat in, hyzer flips
Discraft Elite Z Flick Must-Hyzers, forehand rollers, thumbers. I'm finally starting to be able to get distance out of this.
Discraft Elite Z Flick 150 class New, I love it. A lot more distance than the heavy flick. Very controllable. Won't turn completely over, always comes back.
Discraft ESP Storm a longer buzzz
Discraft ESP Surge forehand surge (i put too much torque on flx)
Discraft ESP FLX Surge reliable accurate backhand driver. line drives
Discraft ESP FLX SurgeSS S curves, sky rollers, hyzer flips
Discraft ESP Wasp What a buzzz can't do, this will
Gateway Supersoft Magic short anny's
Gateway Supersoft Wizard main putter
Gateway Wizard driving putter
Innova Champion Teebird it's a teebird, duh.

I'm going to resurrect this thread with my updated bag. I hope this one stays, I've done some trial and error and this is my bag as of today. I could get rid of one of the surges but I just love having a backup. My bag is also lighter than having 21 discs when this thread started :p

Would like someone to rate it. Keep in mind I throw forehand and backhand with pretty equal accuracy and distance.

I'm going to resurrect this thread with my updated bag. I hope this one stays, I've done some trial and error and this is my bag as of today. I could get rid of one of the surges but I just love having a backup. My bag is also lighter than having 21 discs when this thread started :p

Would like someone to rate it. Keep in mind I throw forehand and backhand with pretty equal accuracy and distance.

Wow. look at all those out of bag innova's....and one little teebird with about a dozen +/- discraft friends!

So how's the meteor? I just ordered one to fill a specialty in my mid-ranges (I hope).

I'd say it's a pretty decent setup. I'd say you have just about every need covered here... Good use of putters for other than putting...plus of course for putting... Decent mid-range set and some choice in the long drivers. Sweet! Looks like a 9/10 to me.

Latest posts