• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Rattler

I'm willing to bet these will be more stable than pro-d. Which would be useful in my eyes! Not to mention pretty swirly esp plastic. Potential to beat into a unique flying disc.

I'm a sucker for swirly esp, putters, discraft and trying new molds. I'm interested. How many do you think they made?500? 1000?

I'm a sucker for swirly esp, putters, discraft and trying new molds. I'm interested. How many do you think they made?500? 1000?

Well when I ordered there were only 10 left available on the pre order and they popped up a couple days ago. Seems like a really limited unique run

I'm willing to bet these will be more stable than pro-d. Which would be useful in my eyes! Not to mention pretty swirly esp plastic. Potential to beat into a unique flying disc.

Durability is my big thing when it comes to discs like these that for some reason only get a stock run of base line plastic.

I have two Habit from Plastic Addicts on the way. . are those similar to the Rattler?

Well when I ordered there were only 10 left available on the pre order and they popped up a couple days ago. Seems like a really limited unique run

I went to order Wednesday night about an hour after Blob posted the link (11pm eastern). 6 left. By the time I hit checkout they were gone...15 in stock another half an hour or so later. Not sure when you ordered but I'm guessing they're pulling an Innova Factory Store - "Sold out until we post more...because we're mildly dishonest."

Not sure what I'm going to do with these but whatever...a less glidey, more overstable Rattler? Sounds like any non-lidlike. Whatever I'm still stoked!

I went to order Wednesday night about an hour after Blob posted the link (11pm eastern). 6 left. By the time I hit checkout they were gone...15 in stock another half an hour or so later. Not sure when you ordered but I'm guessing they're pulling an Innova Factory Store - "Sold out until we post more...because we're mildly dishonest."

Not sure what I'm going to do with these but whatever...a less glidey, more overstable Rattler? Sounds like any non-lidlike. Whatever I'm still stoked!
For sure. GGGT just announced their stock. Since it's a tour series disc there's probably a lot more than we think. Though I have never heard of this touring pro personally.

I mean the Rattler was already more overstable/less glidey than most lids, so it actually concerns me a little that these might be a brick. Not too much, but some.

I mean the Rattler was already more overstable/less glidey than most lids, so it actually concerns me a little that these might be a brick. Not too much, but some.

I mean you're talking overstable for a lid. I don't think we are talking honey or berg overstable

I mean you're talking overstable for a lid. I don't think we are talking honey or berg overstable

Berg is the brick of bricks...except for of course the 10m Brick. 3P isn't claiming Kastaplast levels of turd (love the Berg) but still, he's definitely onto something. The whole design of lidlikes are freestyle/ultimate familiarity and release manipulation. Slow and controllable flight. A beefy Rattler might take away from that experience and fly more like any beveled edge mold.

So there is the Piranha factor; the Piranha was a lid that flew a lot like a big bead Aviar for me. It was a lid that didn't fly like a lid; it didn't glide, it was terrible at turnover touch shots, it wasn't good for air bounces...you know, lid stuff. So it was great if you wanted to throw a lid for big bead Aviar shots, but it wasn't much of a disc if you were were looking for a lid to do lid stuff.

The Rattler IS good at lid stuff. So my concern really is that in the denser plastic it might be more like a Piranha (a lid that was good for a lot of golf shots but not really good at lid stuff) than a Ratter.

Clear as mud? For the record, I'd buy a Star Piranha if they made one. :| My hypocritical inconsistency knows no bounds. I also have not spent money on a golf disc I don't really need and I'm still married. :|

Berg is the brick of bricks...except for of course the 10m Brick. 3P isn't claiming Kastaplast levels of turd (love the Berg) but still, he's definitely onto something. The whole design of lidlikes are freestyle/ultimate familiarity and release manipulation. Slow and controllable flight. A beefy Rattler might take away from that experience and fly more like any beveled edge mold.
I mean I could have just read this first. Oops.

People have always speculated on "what if" they made a premium version of the rattler. I never thought it would actually happen.

The pro-d's fly nice, but if you square up a tree or hit a few rocks it's gonna be warped and funky. I think if you bothered seasoning the ESP it could hold the eventual slow saucer-like flight for longer. Without the fear of hitting stuff. It reminds me of how innova finally made a star sonic for GG.

These seem to be a special run for the guy who's been running the memorial tournament for a longtime. I'm sure there are more of these that will appear, considering the memorial tourney is still awhile away.

ESP Rattler - the new Comet one disc round mold:popcorn:

For real though I bought five just to make sure I get at least one decent color. Plan on selling off the ugly ones at cost, maybe I'll take one for the team and artificially beat one up to see how the flight ends up at 5-6/10. Why not?

My problem with lids in premium plastic is they only make them in in 168+ weights. It's the one disc class where many people actually prefer lighter weights, to emphasize the frisbee qualities, yet manufacturers only give us heavy ones, in a denser plastic that is already killing the glide. Quit being a dick, Innova/Discraft and make some lids in the 150s in the good plastic. :mad:

My problem with lids in premium plastic is they only make them in in 168+ weights. It's the one disc class where many people actually prefer lighter weights, to emphasize the frisbee qualities, yet manufacturers only give us heavy ones, in a denser plastic that is already killing the glide. Quit being a dick, Innova/Discraft and make some lids in the 150s in the good plastic. :mad:

Innova dose make 140 grams and under with the Hero Disc Supersonic 215 and Hero Disc 235 in premium plastics. I know not true lids but they are Catch disc styled. Most only come in a specific weight with only +/- 2 grams.

Anyone throw the swirly ESP yet? Tempted to pick one up but would like to know if it maintained its lid properties in premium plastic.

Picked up a esp from hyzer farm. Really excited to throw it. Will post when I do.