• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

Thanks! I'm leaning towards a couple of Ambers and a couple of Fossil or Tarpit firm, depending on what's in stock.

I'd say get however many you feel comfortable with buying in the different baselines: Fossil/Glow/Tarpit.
And then one, maybe two (in case of loss), in whatever style of premium plastic you like (Amber if Champion/VIP or Armor if Star/Tournament). Between the mold's stability and plastic durability you'll only need to bag one of these. EVER.

Just ordered two Amber's and two Tarpit Firm's, will be about a month until they're here. I'm super stoked! I was planning on ordering a couple more but that really kicked up the shipping costs, so not worth it sadly.

Oh and thanks for the discount code Moose, that saved me a lot of money as well!

Finally got to throw my new Tarpit Firm on the course the other day and I just had to smile at how silly this disc is.

Had a tricky approach where the basket was just right of an OB creek with hard packed clay and tree roots all around to cause roll aways (Oregon Park hole 11). Flicked the Stego ~100 ft and it dove like a falcon (or maybe a dead duck) straight into the bullseye and didn't move an inch.

Straight in the bag it is.

I throw the FH Flex with the Stego out there every time I play. Do you ever play the glow league out there? We have have played together if you do.

I used to play the regular league some but haven't played glow yet. Maybe this year is the one where I make a glow bag.

I got a tarpit Stego for Christmas and I have been loving getting to learn it. I wasn't super excited for it at first, as it seemed silly to want a disc that didn't want to fly. However it has far exceeded my expectations, and is a truly fun disc to play with. Nearly had an ace this weekend with it! Hit the top of the cage on a 155ft shot and it settled perfectly underneath with no roll away. It is a surprisingly solid putter too.

The Stego seems to emphasize spinning the disc, as shots with more spin can take more speed before the lip/spoiler effect takes place.

Putting the stego is not nearly as awkward as it sounds. The slower you throw it the less OS it seems. I use it for half bids especially windy ones. I have much better % when I pick up my stego and toss it in after missing my putt than I do most other discs.

Found a proto Stego at my local PIAS (might be one of yours Moose?) and I like the stiffer base plastic feel- I'm assuming it's SS? It's a little grittier and stiffer than my Tarpit Firm so I could see it being nice when I'm sweating like a pig in July.

Found a proto Stego at my local PIAS (might be one of yours Moose?) and I like the stiffer base plastic feel- I'm assuming it's SS? It's a little grittier and stiffer than my Tarpit Firm so I could see it being nice when I'm sweating like a pig in July.
I have never sold a Stego to PIAS but it could be one I've sold to someone else. Is it blue? I ran a tournament last year and one of the players pack items was a blue Stego.

That run is awesome, I have a pink one in that plastic and they are great. Sometimes Gateway mixes a few in with their orders for the PIAS in Kennesaw.
Oh sweet! I've seen a few RDG discs there before and have snagged a Tar Pit Serpent from the used bin.

The proto/early stegos were probably all Fossil, or colored ones were branded Fossil Fuel and maybe just a hint softer than fossil. Those two blends I believe are the only base plastics RDG has had thats stiffer than Tarpit Firm

Two Stego basket hits today, going to get Stego ace #2 soon. I can feel it!

There are several 190-240ft holes I rev it up for. Just hits those lines so well!

There are several 190-240ft holes I rev it up for. Just hits those lines so well!
One of my buddies has a snappy enough FH that he can push his into those distances pretty well. Its funny that he can rip it on shots I am finessing a Gila FH or even flexing a tyrant. I can probably force stegos to 240 backand but definitely not for anything over 200 FH or BH.

Got to throw the Stego for the first time yesterday, decided to only bring the Tarpit Firm with me and leave the Ambers at home. We still have a lot of snow (~40cm) which makes it hard to test it out for real, even though the teepads are cleared.

Definitely more overstable than the Zone OS. I really like the plastic and the feel for BH, but I'm not completely sold on the feel for FH. My Zone OS's are in premium plastic and skips a bit, but I can see the Tarpit hitting and sticking much more. It's definitely a fun disc and it's probably gonna end up in the bag.

Latest posts