• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Record your SCORES

jace

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
OK - so I know it would be a real pain to go back and record all your scores for all of the experienced players using this site, BUT it would be really cool if people actually started recording their rounds regularly moving forward.

Do people find it is to burdensome to record all their rounds here?

I always find it's really cool to check other players scores on courses I play since I'm not a tournament caliber player yet. I finally recorded a round that has me first on the list, but that got me thinking wouldn't it be cool if I really knew where I stacked up against the other 35 people that have played the course but never recorded their round.

Other than a tournament and a "professional" rating - how will we ever know how we stack up against our disc golf brothers across the U.S. :confused:

I am working on an advanced score stats page which may entice more people to enter scores. I have all the information in the database and new info is recorded as you add your scores to the site. I have to work on making it readable/easy to look at it. It is mostly hole-by-hole averages and stats broken down by tee.

I am also recording all that info on the course level as well. The statistics fans will probably have a field day with all these numbers.

long live the score book!!!! that is my fav part of this page, timg, i can't wait for that update. i was a baseball player so i'm huge numbers junkie! although i usually end up putting all my weeks scores in at one time which tends to screw my dates up but still i love the score card!

I like to enter my scores, but I don't very often when playing casually. I just never keep good track of my score during casual play, I don't like to keep track of score on paper.

I like to enter my scores, but I don't very often when playing casually. I just never keep good track of my score during casual play, I don't like to keep track of score on paper.

I do the same thing with casual rounds. Especially once I double bogey a hole and it gets into my head and I bogey 5 more in a row. I tend to stop keeping track of my score at that point. Probably some sort of defense mechanism. :D

I think most of us are guilty of that once in a while :)

I'm only using the Scorebook here to record my Personal Bests. Tim, maybe you could have an option to have certain scores NOT used in the overall stats, because slackers like me who only enter PBs would skew the results.

I don't see why that shouldn't count. I'll bet a lot of people don't record some of there not-so-great rounds. Kind of like the reviews, with enough scores entered that one outlier won't have a major impact.

Record 'em all! Isn't that the point of getting better? Why not report a crummy round along with the good ones. Man if I was worried about what everyone else thought of my 70+ round on a bad day in 30+ mph winds, i'd probably give up the sport. I've recorded every round I have played with the exception of object course rounds I play at a school down the street for practice. It's great to see the improvement in different weather conditions. At least I can always see where I jacked up a round and where I need to improve.

The point is everyone can have a great day and an aweful day in the same week. Record your score and know the next time you play the course you have something to beat, or someone else's personal best on the same course.

I just think it would be really great to see personal bests recorded on the courses across the country - especially as I get better and get the opportunity to travel a little more, I'd love to know what the averages for the course are that I'm visiting.

I post all my rounds in here, and you can go look at just how bad I am anytime you want. :p ;) :D

I've got every round I've ever played recorded here. Can't wait for that new stats page, Tim!

I have been using another site to record my rounds. I found the said site before I found DGCR and it keeps track of hole avg etc. I plan on re-entering all of my scores here once the upgrade takes place maybe before. I love this site and I'm not to keen on the other I was talking about. I just need to stop being lazy and transfer my info to here.

I have been using another site to record my rounds. I found the said site before I found DGCR and it keeps track of hole avg etc. I plan on re-entering all of my scores here once the upgrade takes place maybe before. I love this site and I'm not to keen on the other I was talking about. I just need to stop being lazy and transfer my info to here.
All that information is already being recorded, I just haven't built the page to show it yet. Might as well transfer it now.. by the time you're done I may have the stats page done :)

The score tracking feature is a neat tool for people who want to use it. I simply choose not to because I consider my casual rounds as a form of practice, and I often will do things during them that I cannot do in a round where every throw counts, such as throw a particular shot two or three times to work on that skill set or see how a particular disc or throw works in that situation. I am hence, not keeping score. The key to getting better after all is to work on shots, not on holes.

Sometimes, for sake of variety I play doubles, match, skins or some alternate format, or play a safari layout. You really can't enter such rounds for data comparison purposes.

I kept score and the score cards for 08 and it was fun to see how my son and I went from getting our a&& kicked to winning on a regular basis.We play with a very good player every week who has taught us the discs,the science and the bacics of the game.Going into our second season scores will be recorded for the W. Mich courses that we play.A place to post scores wold be cool.

I have recorded ALL of my rounds in here. I wanted to see how I have improved from when I started the game at the first of the year. It is nice to look at the info specific to each course. I like to see all my rounds for each course to see how I did and how much I have improved.

The average score really doesnt even need to be there because it is not universal as to how many holes are played. I used the holes played and total strokes to figure out my average per hole, but even that is not a real important # because you could have played an extraordinary amount of easy par 3 holes, and others maybe playing courses with tougher par 4's and 5's.

I also keep track of my scores in an excel spreadhseet, individual hole score, total score and putting total. Then I set up a hole average and a putt average. Then I total all those scores vertically to come to an average score and an average putting average.

I would love to enter my scores but I already do that in excel and am wondering if it is worth going back and putting 180 rounds in here. Sounds like everyone likes the system though so lets hope I can find the time to do it.

i have recorded a few rounds here and there, but i plan to record all my rounds starting this year. i'm excited about the updates that are soon to come.

thanks timg!

I kept score and the score cards for 08 and it was fun to see how my son and I went from getting our a&& kicked to winning on a regular basis.We play with a very good player every week who has taught us the discs,the science and the bacics of the game.Going into our second season scores will be recorded for the W. Mich courses that we play.A place to post scores wold be cool.
Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but you do realize you can post scores on DGCR already, right?

Latest posts