• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing adhesive

pugsrul2001

I have just started dyeing disc and I have ran into a small problem. When I remove the contact paper after the dye some of the adhesive is left behind. What produce should I use to remove the adhesive without damaging the dye?

What produce should I use to remove the adhesive without damaging the dye?

Lemon or Grapefruit would work best. You want high content of citric acid with lower levels of sugars(they leave the disc sticky).

I use rubbing alcohol, but it is clearly not produce.

Do you dye at a fairly high temperature? That will do it.

Not really! I let the pot cool down enough to touch it without getting burned! I use the exact same method with Oracal & never get the goo i get from 3M! They did send me some e-mail & i told them this, & they said something like they were working on making it less gooey. So maybe they changed the formula? I will still use the 3M, i've got plenty left! I just know that i might have to use some Goo Gone afterward.

If you run hot water over the vinyl and disc while removing the mask, it helps to keep the disc clean of residue.

Also, don't listen to SirRaph. Steaks are too tasty to waste on cleaning discs. Send them to me and I'll trade out for lemons.

Goo Gone, Goof Off both work but leave an oily residue that needs to be cleaned off with soapy water. A quicker way I've found is using good old zippo lighter fluid. It works faster, does not affect the dye and leaves very little residue. It is also the quickest way I've found for removing stubborn price stickers.

Latest posts