• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing Spray Paint?

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
So I played Parma 2 weeks ago and noticed how GORGEOUS the place was, hardly any litter, perfectly mowed, just a DREAM. (it needs signage and they're getting cement tees soonish)

Played again last week and 3 of the baskets have graffiti on their "chastity Belts" I want that S*** GONE. Such a beautiful place, with such trashy crap now on it. The back side of basket 1 literally says tits. WTF!? They also like scribbled out the numbers and put new numbers and arrows and crap to apparently try to confuse new players?

So what works best for carting around a disc golf course and removing spray pain? I saw a type of spray paint called something like Sun Yellow that looks like it would match Innova Yellow in case it looks bad after removing the trash markings.

Any ideas?

\/\/

acetone, but you have to be careful because it will pull paint off.
wd40 but you have to scrub forever
gasoline on a small rag should help too.

Try a product that is available at your local commercial janitorial supply, I believe it is called "VandalAway" (?)

I'll look it up and see if the name is right...

Goo Gone, buy it at Walmart or many hardward stores. It is what I use to remove the graffiti. Works really well.

Goo Gone, buy it at Walmart or many hardward stores. It is what I use to remove the graffiti. Works really well.

BTW, don't use the "extreme" goof off. It'll peel the paint off down to the bare metal...:(

I've used this stuff before, and it did wonders:
http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/MOT41101.html

It might not be a bad idea to put on one of the anti-graffiti protective coating products if you think they're going to tag the baskets again. It will make future graffiti removal easy as pie.

I'm going to take this bottle of goo gone I already have out there, and if that doesn't work I'm ordering the product you linked to...is there a link for the protective coating as well?

I'll put it or every damn basket there!

\/\/

I'm going to take this bottle of goo gone I already have out there, and if that doesn't work I'm ordering the product you linked to...is there a link for the protective coating as well?

\/\/

ummm you might want to run this by the parks dept. or ryan hand(president of the local club). you could do more harm than good if you strip the paint off on accident. seems there are lotsa toolbags in rochester these days(people stealing, erasing names/numbers from discs, vandalism, etc.)..go to their website if you like! grdgc(greater rochester disc golf club) ;)

I've used this stuff before, and it did wonders:
http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/MOT41101.html

It might not be a bad idea to put on one of the anti-graffiti protective coating products if you think they're going to tag the baskets again. It will make future graffiti removal easy as pie.

my mom is a principal n uses both this n goo gone to remove graffiti from school grounds

\/\/

http://www.hytechsales.com/prodAG2.html

there's a bunch of other similar products. Just throw 'anti graffiti coating' into a google search and take your pick. Some aren't made for metal though.