• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Replacing my rocs

If you like the truth, get a verdict. Same feel. The warrant and evidence both fill similar roles and feel like a truth. Warrant is a bit more understable. Personally I carry warships, a claymore, and a fuse. Sometimes an opto mace if I need it.

I currently bag a comet, buzzz, Buzzz OS. I fought back and forth with roc/buzzz for a while and the buzzz just releases cleaner for me. It's laser straight so I lose the movement but overall better disc for me. I have been testing out a drone/buzzz OS and they are fighting for a spot in my bag. I recently picked up an m3 in trade and for the few times I've thrown it I really like it super straight but holds a great hyzer line I think it could coexist with the buzzz.

I don't like them because of the way they feel.. I can throw them quite far but just don't like them for up shots, off the tee they are alright just seeing what else everyone suggests and what all is out there

Well I used to hate rocs because of the bead and trying to power grip them. I liked buzzes or truths to replace worn out rocs

Buzzz is definitely the way to go for me. I feel as though I get a cleaner release without a bead on my mid but it's all personal preference. If you do try out some Buzzzes, I've found the SS line, FLX, and Crystal plastic blend to be flippy out of the box. The ESP and Z lines are comparable in flight for dead-straight shots. If you need some extra beef, Z-FLX or heavy glow might be the way to go. The Buzzz OS is a newer mold that is a truly overstable mid.

I also have some experience with Gateway (although limited when compared to my experience with the Buzzz). For an all-Gateway mids setup, I would rock the Karma (stable mid), Scout (neutral mid), and the Mystic (understable mid). The great thing about Gateway is all the plastic blends they have. They make about any type of plastic you could dream of so you're bound to find something you like there. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your findings!

Legacy Ghost...great plastic options

this ... I was a LONG time Roc thrower.. prob 5 years or so i guess and would carry 4-5 in my bag and after Innova started messing around with the mold (+ mold, roc 3, v roc, etc.) and the dx plastic i replaced them all with various Ghosts and didnt skip a beat.. the new protege Ghosts are amazing! I carry

Seasoned Excel Ghost - stable to understable mid
Seasoned Protege Ghost - all around do it all predictable mid
Fresh Protege Ghost - my beefy trusty mid

And sometimes i will toss in a Legend or Pinnacle for even more beef if needed..

this ... I was a LONG time Roc thrower.. prob 5 years or so i guess and would carry 4-5 in my bag and after Innova started messing around with the mold (+ mold, roc 3, v roc, etc.) and the dx plastic i replaced them all with various Ghosts and didnt skip a beat.. the new protege Ghosts are amazing! I carry

And sometimes i will toss in a Legend or Pinnacle for even more beef if needed..

I will also back up the Ghost as a good option. I recently discovered the Ghost, and they are extremely close to a Roc. Great plastic options, too.

The title of this thread makes me cringe. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I have replaced my ranching! First run truth. Just a tad more over stable than normal truth! Love it!

The roc is a great disc period. but being a big fan of the trilogy plastic i throw the mace as a substitute.

If the roc is not working for you either will the mace I suspect. It is in your form your head or both my lad.

I will also back up the Ghost as a good option. I recently discovered the Ghost, and they are extremely close to a Roc. Great plastic options, too.

I'm in the same boat as the gentleman who started this thread. I have a major hard on for KC Rocs but the inner rims on them are too 'plussy' these days and I get slippage/early releases from them on the regular. I've tried changing my thumb position to counteract this but I still prefer the Rancho mold of 5+ years ago. I've tried almost every other comparable mid out there but, other than the Star Sanny Rocs that I'm currently leaning towards, I can't find the same combination of feel and flight characteristics. Enter: the Protege Ghost. In theory, this should be the perfect replacement as it's an actual Roc mold and comes in a plastic that's well-suited for cycling. I love the feel of this disc. The slight dome makes them glide for days. However, I've found that Protege plastic is really slick and difficult to grip. I've tried scuffing/sanding/bacon-greasing them to no avail. To anyone who throws them, is this just a bad batch or is all Protege plastic like this?

don't hate me for this but if you can handle a small diameter mid, the gator has all but replaced rocs in my bag except for longer throws. they are glideless turds but for a decent player rotate two dx and two champs for US==>OS duties. you will never go back, trust me on this one.

Oddly, this is no joke. I have a friend that just cycles DX gators, with one star gator. He has this one DX that is just absolutely thrashed (3/10 beat) and it turns on weird flat lines that I can never hit with a roc.

I prefer a buzzz for stable (like a 300 foot hyzer), a worn buzzz for hyzer flip dead straight or anhyzers that hold, and a buzzzOS for meaty very stable shots. Disc heaven.

Latest posts