• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revo Dual Pack Questions

Pay not attention to that post by rescue. I have owned a revo dual pack and a grip bag. Saying the Dual pack is a poor design is just ridiculous. The roll cage is probably the best main compartment in the biz and the material it is made out of is awesome (never had a tear or bad stitch). The Revo does have a top compartment that a lot of people don't like or find odd. I used to put my putters in there or my hoodie in the winter time but it could be used for a lot of things. Its a really nice bag but its not for everyone as it is a larger bag than the grip. If you are looking for a bigger bag you may want to have a look at the new prodiscus bag that is getting ready to drop.
How would ever consider it a GOOD design? As I've said great quality and......oooooops, hold on......Had to go chase down my water bottle since it fell through the bottom of the bottle holder AGAIN!

OK, here goes
1: the main opening is to small and you have to bend your discs to get them out from the side.
2: that huge top is great. Too bad it just flops down on top of the disc compartment, making it even harder to get your discs out.
3: water holders have a thin strip of fabric across the bottom. So small water bottles fall through!
4: Due to the poor design of the top pouch. You can't put much in it if you don't want to pull your hair out trying to get discs out of the bottom. I even put a piece of plastic on top of the internal frame, but it was only slightly helpfull.

What model Revo DP did you have? Ive never had a water bottle fall through the pockets. They have changed the side pocket design from the 1st one I owned to the 2nd.

As Ive said before, I for one liked the top compartment but I wouldn't say its ideal for carrying discs. The main compartment keeps the discs in the bag even if it were to fall over. Ive never bent a disc to get one out but I also never packed the bottom to the max nor put a Condor in there. As we have all said before, everyone likes something different. Why are you taking a poop on the guy for wanting a Revo DP? I can find mind flaws with my grip as well. Its all up to what you want in a bag.

i made a nice thick bottom to put in the top section of mine so its not droopy and doesnt get in the way of stuff in the bottom.. but i could see that if you are spending that kind of money you dont want to modify it but fwiw my revo with 25 feels better on my back then my carolina with 15

As Ive said before, I for one liked the top compartment but I wouldn't say its ideal for carrying discs. The main compartment keeps the discs in the bag even if it were to fall over. Ive never bent a disc to get one out but I also never packed the bottom to the max nor put a Condor in there. As we have all said before, everyone likes something different. Why are you taking a poop on the guy for wanting a Revo DP? I can find mind flaws with my grip as well. Its all up to what you want in a bag.
I'm not pooping on the guy. Just trying to help. Had I know these issues with the bag. I wouldn't have bought it and as you know, it's not cheap. Not sure which phase it was? It was the one with the single skinny strap at the bottom of the holder.

Kudos to all the people that "modfied" their bag (I did too), but why should you or I have to fix a bag to make it workable? Just trying to save him some money and a possible headache. I have a few Grips and dig them. Are they perfect? NO, but I've said so in previous posts.
I have nothing to gain by this other than words of advise so he can be informed on whatever bag he wants.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace!

I've said this in other threads....I added a heavy cardboard piece with wood rails glued to it and placed it on top of the plastic cage, the wood is notched to fit over the plastic and is about 3/8" taller so it makes it easier to get the discs out because the weight of the top is not on the discs and adds some clearance. Then I put a 9"x9" shoebox in the top compartment and fit the 14 most used discs there so I don't need to bend over and pull discs out of the bottom and there is NO sag. The bottom is used for back-ups and storage. I love mine and a grip wouldn't have enough room for me.

Plus the original question I believe was asking if anyone knew why the Dual Packs wern't restocked.

And the bag with the water bottle sides with the bottom straps I believe are the Dual Pack Lite.

I've said this in other threads....I added a heavy cardboard piece with wood rails glued to it and placed it on top of the plastic cage, the wood is notched to fit over the plastic and is about 3/8" taller so it makes it easier to get the discs out because the weight of the top is not on the discs and adds some clearance. Then I put a 9"x9" shoebox in the top compartment and fit the 14 most used discs there so I don't need to bend over and pull discs out of the bottom and there is NO sag. The bottom is used for back-ups and storage. I love mine and a grip wouldn't have enough room for me.

Plus the original question I believe was asking if anyone knew why the Dual Packs wern't restocked.

And the bag with the water bottle sides with the bottom straps I believe are the Dual Pack Lite.

Mine had a mesh adjustable net and Ive put everything from 12 oz to 32 oz bottles in it. if the OP gets a Revo I think he will like the bag.

Nope, mine wasn't a Dualpack light. It's a Dualpack GONE :)

I was waiting for this bag but gave up and ordered a Flak. Crossing my fingers that it's what I'm looking for. Supposedly it's a dual pack/grip combo. There evidently will be more pics and a video of it either tomorrow or Saturday. It would be a shame if the dual pack was discontinued.

Nope, mine wasn't a Dualpack light. It's a Dualpack GONE :)

i think you may have had one of the early ones. I'm with on on the grip, its a smaller overall bag which fits me perfect but I am just saying the Revo isn't a shabby bag. They are suppose to be making a smaller backpack so it will be interesting to see what it will look like.

Rescue must have had a dual pack light. They cut corners on that bag and it's just not as nice. I've had both versions and the regular dual pack is way better. The op may be better off finding one used. However if you search on this MP you'll end up paying too much for a used one.

Dual packs are awesome if you need storage space for extras or want to stuff a hoodie or something in it.

The problems rescue mention are legitimate. The discs rub coming in and out, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a pain in the ass.

Drink holders are non existent on the dual pack. The problem he mentions are only on the dual pack lite, the normal dual pack doesn't have a drink holder. Plenty of room in top to carry as much water as you want but once again, pain n the ass. Expensive DG bags probably should account for a water bottle.

No putter/mini pockets. I use one of the side pockets but once again when deciding to make high end DG bag seems like the thought " I wonder if it needs a putter pocket?" might have come up.

Top compartment sags down. Loaded or empty, the revo looks like a deflated balloon unless you find a way to make a floor for the upper compartment. It's easy to fix, but just another thing to deal with from a bag that's supposed to be the last you'll need.

Great construction, great storage, but it has some flaws that seem like design was overlooked. Still if you need storage this is one of your better options.

If storage isnt an issue, grab a grip.

I respect those opinions that view the dual pack as a bad design, however I disagree on most of them stated above.

Small opening: I agree they rub, but this prevents discs from falling out in almost any circumstance. I view it as a design feature rather than flaw.

Water bottle holder: it has mesh side pockets with drawstrings that can tighten down to even the smallest bottle or open up large enough for a few more discs. More versatile than other bottle holders in my opinion.

Putter pocket: the outer, upper zippered pocket easily hold two beaded putters, and easily within reach when sitting on the ground. Along with any of the numerous other pockets that you could keep putters in.

Saggy top: yeah, this part really sucks. I over look it because it doesn't bother me, but I get how it's a deal breaker for some. Only way around it is to modify the frame if you care enough.
Overall it's a great design(opinion) and is super durable and time tested(fact). However it is definitely dated and the small features offered on other bags are not present. It needs an updated design, but i don't think it's gonna ever happen. However I would pay top dollar for a miniature version of a dual pack in a second.

no rescue had the regular dual back pack, I know cuz I got it from him. but sold it and got a grip bag. whitch I like better!
Boatman to the rescue! lol

OK threadjack time...So Boatman, did you give those Five Tens a try? or just not you cup o tea?

Peace!

Latest posts