• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] RHYNO BOMBS RULE

NateDiscFlip

Double Eagle Member
Because I have a harder throwing style, I have never been able to throw(200) or even BOMB(300+) a putter with laser guided CONTROL as I can with the champion Rhyno....even though slow....the disc does just about anything...and lands very soft.

I play on courses where placement is critical...so bombing putters 200-300 feet out and landing correctly is more important than distance.

Anyone else out there blown away by the capabilities of this disc?...not to mention, midrange FH's is where this disc truly makes it's name.

gotta love those champ rhynos. i used to have a champion rhyno that was DX stamped in rainbow foil...it was super nice

I have really been considering getting one. My buddy has one and loves it. He has a pro rhyno in his bag too but i know he uses the champ a lot more often.

I have a Ryhno DX that's a great putter, although I went rogue and ordered a Soft Magnet to try out. Never thought about long approaches with it, tho; I might have to try that on my next outing. I use my Roc for most approaches, I'm still kind of a beginner....

Thanks for the (indirect) sugggestion! :thmbup:

i am just getting into the other aspects of the rhyno other than putting, i really need to try that FH mid

Love my champ.

i can only push mine to about 225', but it is straight as an arrow.... very hard to turn over...

for me, it's a placement disc... and a short range FH disc....

Couldnt live without mine.

I carry a R-Pro (actually Pro, it seems) Rhyno. I'd struggle to play a round without it. It's the most reliable driving putter I've ever thrown. It's not as long as a Wizard off the tee, but I trust it much more. A little OAT can flip a Wizard hard, the Rhyno just goes flat, stays flat, and ends with a predictable fade.

It's amazing in that I can actually flick it as hard as I can, and still struggle to flip it (I flick 300' + consistently.) Yet even thrown flat and soft it still doesn't fade any more than my Wizards did.

Great disc. Need to try a Champ.

My champ rhyno was my first disc when I was a noob. Then it was used for putting. I have since progressed and the rhyno had no spot in my bag for a while. About 2 months ago I put it back in play and love it. This is one of several "putters" that I carry, but I don't actually putt with it. This is a great upshot disc with FH capabilities. Gotta love this disc.

My champ rhyno was my first disc when I was a noob. Then it was used for putting. I have since progressed and the rhyno had no spot in my bag for a while. About 2 months ago I put it back in play and love it. This is one of several "putters" that I carry, but I don't actually putt with it. This is a great upshot disc with FH capabilities. Gotta love this disc.

This disc is amazing...not sure why discraft hasn't come up with something like the rhyno...and the zone is not a rhyno

I putt with Rhynos but I can't drive with them at all. They just don't leave my hand right. I've seen a lot of people I play with though bomb them. We call it the Flop and Stop.

Pro Rhynos are my go to in almost any uncertain short-mid condition. An AWESOME headwind putter too. And yes, there ain't no better feeling than parking it next to a basket 300+ away and having your friends look at you once again and go "Rhyno bomb?....f**k."

I have 6 Rhynos. Got hooked on them early on and haven't looked back. The one I put with is a mad beat DX disc. Others are Star and Pro. Can't top that old DX though, for sure. As mentioned though, great for dead accurate placement. Excellent disc for doubles tournaments when the first shot is a screw up and you have to make sure the second shot works.

I use my Evo Warlock for just these situations.

You can four finger snap these discs flat and be amazed of how well they fly.

It's funny when I line up to throw with some buds, and they wonder what I just blasted out there,....and then they are like"was that that rhyno again:confused:;)"

put it this way...it is more and more funny what this disc is capable of

Champ Rhyno: First Disc Endorsed by Both Chuck Norris and The Tecate Beer Guy (Most Interesting Man In The World)

honestly, i cant tell you how many times i've heard
"What was that?"
"That was your Rhyno huh?"
and (immediately following)
"i gotta get me one of those."

Pay the $ and get the champion version... it's worth it.

I putt with Rhynos but I can't drive with them at all. They just don't leave my hand right. I've seen a lot of people I play with though bomb them. We call it the Flop and Stop.

try gripping it with two fingers(index+middle)....this is the hold I use when trying to get off a short but fairly tight hyzer shot that has to land soft...not skipping past the basket. Just release the disc slightly hyzer, and don't be afraid to snap it...giving it added height is helpful too, since it drops like a stone.

The more I throw it, the more I get use to just getting loose and put whatever you want on it....it almost seems to self correct:thmbup:

Champ Rhyno: First Disc Endorsed by Both Chuck Norris and The Tecate Beer Guy (Most Interesting Man In The World)

Fail.

I do love my Pro Rhyno though for the same reasons - snap it for low straight shots that set down, or power down for a shorter fading shot.

Latest posts