• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ridiculously Early 2013 Ace Race Disc Speculation Thread!

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
So, I'll probably get some flak for this. But hey, I'm bored in my cubicle.

The 2012 Ace Race season is almost over. The disc hasn't even been officially named yet! So I thought, what better time to wildly speculate for next year??

The problem is, Discraft's holes are few and far between. The biggest "need" I see is in the putt/approach line. Innova, Lat64, Gateway, MVP, and even DGA (who is molded by Discraft, no less) all do one thing that Discraft doesn't. High-end plastic understable/neutral approach putters.

Short of the discontinued ESP BangerGT, the only other high-end plastic putters are the Zone and Challenger (that I'm aware of, I could be wrong).

I'm going to guess stupidly early and say we'll see an ESP/Z line shallow-rimmed understable/neutral putter.

What about you??

A Titanic is an ESP Magnet, so I fail to see the gap you're talking about, unless you want something more similar to a magic?

A Titanic is an ESP Magnet, so I fail to see the gap you're talking about, unless you want something more similar to a magic?

Right, but a Titanic is not a Discraft disc. At least, not as far as marketing goes. Discraft wouldn't promote a DGA disc for an Ace Race.

I think they're grabbing at straws now. I'm surprised the Zone wasn't an Ace Race disc. A new mold that's suitable for running at holes <200' is going to be hard to muster. This year's disc was even hard to not overthrow.

How about a fliptastic, glidey mid. Like a Kite. In ESP.

In reality, it doesn't matter what the disc is. They'll end up selling tens of thousands of them to the Ace Race TDs. It's money in the bank.

With a spacer added...not EXACTLY the same.

/devil's advocate

I wonder if its to early for me to post a wanted add for the 2013 ace race disc what ever it is?

I would love to see a new putter in high end plastic, I'm tired of chains eating up my pro d magnets.

AvengerSS-Surge-Flick-Zombee-Impact-Drone-GlideMagnet-MagnetSoft

I hope they make a disc that is "extremely reliable" like that one company's mid ranges.

Latest posts